RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 04-08-2013, 08:26 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hauling Dirt out of my basement (present day)

I popped this boulder out of the ground last night. The rock laid horizontal, I dug half way down, then was able to hook the bottom with the ripper.

I'm getting quite a pile of dirt again, almost dug across to the wall, might be another cy by the time I get there.

I'll spend the next couple nights moving this wet dirt back & forth before digging to the wall, it'll help to dry it out & chop up the bigger wet lumps.

If the forecast for snow this week is wrong, then I'll be hauling out by the wkend.

Joe
Old 04-09-2013, 09:06 AM
Craftsman

Rvjimd is on a distinguished road

Careful around those utilities, did you have a "locate" done to make sure you don't hit anything?

You are having way too much fun!

Jim
Old 04-09-2013, 11:42 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Stuff is on a distinguished road

lol! Remember, Call Before You Dig!!
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:09 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Joe, which company did you get the middle tire from ? looks perfect for something I have in mind .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:57 PM
BANNED

The blueprints only show one honey line below ground Rvjimd, everything else is above ground.

Steve, I got them from ric when I was at his house in Jan '06... I don't know where he got them... I only have the four.

Joe
Old 04-15-2013, 12:10 AM
Wannabe

JDH429 is on a distinguished road

That's a nice size boulder you unearthed there. I'm sure when you first hit it you felt a bit excited to see if the 850 may have a challenge in its path. But doesn't look like it broke a sweat.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:27 AM
BANNED

The excitement ...I guess it does make me smile at the abilities that this model has... I haven't touched the pic axe in two yrs!!!

Joe
Old 04-15-2013, 01:47 AM
Green Horn

WhiteWolf McBride is on a distinguished road

Mebbe Ric would chime in and identify it...

I agree as well, that tire looks favulous for a few ideas, got any specs on it, like OD/width and rim it would fit on?

I'm looking for alternates for my Robbe 6x6 amphib, and that looks sweet for my project.

Then again, so does the smaller one on the right...

WhiteWolf

PS: that pipe along the wall looks rather rusty... may wanna look into replacement before it 'lets go' on you and floods you in YUCK.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:57 PM
BANNED

It's cast iron! it's not going to corrode.

Joe
Old 04-19-2013, 11:43 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Joe! I went through the whole thread but I think what I am looking for was back on the garden forums...

The green globe, It looks like you are using a F350 transmission? or did you combine one with a stock semi transmission? I am working on a 6x6 globe as well. did you have to change your mounts for any axles?
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
Old 04-20-2013, 06:19 AM
BANNED

I'm just using the rear plate to bolt the F350 transfer case to the back of the stock trans.

RC4WD offers a better option nowadays with a wee bit more reduction over the f350 case & you probably won't have to lift the trans quite as much for clearance.
http://store.rc4wd.com/T1-Disruptor-...ing_p_859.html

I just drilled the stock leaf springs to bolt the TLT's directly to them... used a dremel on the axle to make a divet for the leaf spring rivet, help center the axle over the leafs before drilling the holes.

Joe
Old 04-20-2013, 06:44 AM
BANNED

Finnished digging across to the wall last wkend

I have a bit of a hump in the middle where the water didn't penetrate deep enough, didn't want to make anymore mud at this time.

... it's been snowing or raining all week, so no hauling out. I had a little bit previously crushed dirt to dump into the wall, using the loader with the new bucket it now fills the KH 2.5 scoops! previous spade bucket was a little more 4 scoops.

This one scoop!

And what's left of the 3rd that doesn't fit.

I have this here radiant heater, starting using Tues to dry down the moist dirt quickly and have been screening since Wed... half the pile is seperated already, with the lumps dumped behind water heater & the fines added to an already massive pile.

Gosh!!! talking about snow thru the wkend, I don't see double digits yet in the long term forecast even... my air drill is still sitting in a snowbank!!! This time last yr I started seeding on the 21st of April. Too wet & cold to do anything productive outside and running out of space to do things inside.

Joe
Old 04-20-2013, 08:43 AM
Craftsman

Rvjimd is on a distinguished road

Ya, the wx stinks here in Iowa as well! When is it gona warm up?

Anyway, Joe, you could make a quick little video for us. That might make everyone a bit warmer inside

Jim
Old 04-20-2013, 04:10 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

thanks for the pics Joe!!

I have both transmissions, so I guess I'm making one heck of a tranny like yours and one backwards looking one if i got enough parts left over lol. I plan to put a planetary up front and you just cant do that on a HL stock tranny.

and yeah, snowing like a bugger here today!! its half way through friggin April!!
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
Old 04-20-2013, 04:33 PM
BANNED

Video? that just eats up too much of my data cap, which if I hit my cap for the month, it sends my speed back to the dark ages & makes navigating this forum even, extremely painfully slow! The videos will be few & far between till an alternative comes along. :/ Thanx for your interest though Jim.

Dean, the HL trans has a huge amount of reduction built into it already and there's far more choices nowadays for various torquey motors to pick from... which would make installation far less complicated than what I have done and still have the same power cap.

Joe
Old 04-20-2013, 04:59 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

well i do have a rc4wd 80t in it.. im looking at the pile of parts on my desk and looking at the pieces from each tranny.. im really thinking ill stay with the stock f350 tranny. lots of parts dont exactly line up very well lol.

sucks they have you capped so much. you on that line of sight high speed thing? lol could always mail me the SD card lol! :P
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
Old 05-12-2013, 01:46 AM
Green Horn

buzzy16 is on a distinguished road

What's been going on joe? You've made it to the second page of the construction thread
I have been missing seeing your updates, and ofcourse the pictures and videos

Hope to hear from you soon, buzzy.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:54 AM
BANNED

Spring planting Buzzy! Started putting in crop a week ago, prepped all the necessary equipment the week before that. Another week should get it done, but there's rain in the forecast starting Tues... which will be a welcome sight b/c the surface dryness & dust flying as I rip the ground is getting a bit intense at times. A half inch to inch of moisture this week would be perfect for what I have seeded & to mellow the ground for the 2nd half I have to seed next.

It's summertime here man! A time to be outdoors & being productive to make lots of cash$ for activities indoors 6 months from now!

Thank you for your interest.

Joe
Old 05-13-2013, 12:18 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

we had rain in the forcast to. now its gone! can't trust the weathernetwork!
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
Old 08-30-2013, 01:17 AM
Journeyman

tracksntreadslou is on a distinguished road

Jeeze Joe I had to go all the way to page 3 to find you ..Been quite some time ..thought I would say hello anyway cause I saw you lurking on another thread a short time ago ..Guess you must be spending any spare time getting the inside of that new shop all buttoned up (any updates ) and getting ready for harvest ..Need a Farmhand ?..I can operate almost any machine ..Well in 1/14 scale anyway ...lol..It looks as though I may be alberta bound soon anyway and headng for the patch ..Anyway Missing the ole farmer