RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 11-21-2013, 10:35 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hauling Dirt out of my basement (present day)

I guess I forgot to answer that question when Neil asked it earlier (sorry Neil), probably would be best to have a feeder conveyer/hopper to keep a steady stream in the jaw crusher FullMetalFab. Make another short conveyer like on the previous page & probably wire the conveyer motor to a variable rate device to vary flow depending on material size at the time.

I saw that posting on Hack a Day... the concept of having a radio controlled hobby seems to fly over the heads of many... computer hackers & their Arduino controllers yadda yadda

Here's the last vid for the month showing the tight quarters the JD850 is currently working in. Probably close to half the pile gone already in a couple of weeks, the 850 makes short fun at just about everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuhgqdevOHU

Joe
Old 12-08-2013, 01:01 AM
Apprentice

DADSGARAGE is on a distinguished road

Any chance you could share more pics of the D9 ??.....always interesting to see how many of us build the same thing in so many different ways!!!
KP
Old 12-08-2013, 01:36 AM
Journeyman

RCLogger will become famous soon enough

That is a very tight area to run the 850 in Joe. That machine just keeps on running like a Deere. You must give it 2 thumbs up !
Old 12-08-2013, 04:13 PM
BANNED

Kordell, here's Joe's build thread of the D9 with lots of pics.
http://www.rctruckandconstruction.co...tpusher9+dozer

I wish I would have had this big daddy 850 when I started the basement excavation Greg, would have been a lot more fun than swinging a pic axe for the 1st 20cu yd.

I got my RCP57 gravel boxes on Friday, one for the green GL & the other is for the pup trl it will pull. These boxes are as described, direct bolt on to existing stock Tamiya holes in the frame, solder the motor wires & run them up to an esc & you're good to go!

You got the length I requested Reg dead on, I didn't need to slide it back at all.

Now to get busy with the pup... not a lot to do, but making my own beefy pintle loop & hook will take some time.

Joe
Old 12-08-2013, 06:13 PM
Green Horn

Trucker_Jo is on a distinguished road

Very nice setup!
Old 12-08-2013, 07:11 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

You went silent for a couple days Joe and I was getting worried! I didn't know if you were Happy, Happy or cursing me!lol I Am glad the GL box fit the way you wanted! I like the way you reshaped the rear plate too. I took your suggestion and widened out the bottom of the V on the last couple I made too.

Now I can rest a little easier tonight!lol
Old 12-08-2013, 10:24 PM
BANNED

Thanx Trucker Jo

Well Reg, I guess you were what motivated me to get 'er done quicker than I might have otherwise...

The bottom is 28mm, about the same as the KH & similar in shape to the plate on my R too.

Joe
Old 12-09-2013, 07:55 PM
Wannabe

RCTech9 is on a distinguished road

Reg did an excellent job making those. Can you show a comparison picture of the new one to the old one?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-29-2014, 04:58 PM

FullMetalFab is on a distinguished road

Update, Update We need update
Old 01-29-2014, 05:13 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Stuff is on a distinguished road

go watch his youtube! he put a new video up today
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:20 PM

Fired up is on a distinguished road

Very smooth. Keep it up.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuff View Post
go watch his youtube! he put a new video up today
I seen those when he posted them, i'm more interested in the upgrades he made to the dump truck and pup trailer. i really want to see how they work.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:06 PM
BANNED

I started the upload before bed last night, takes several hrs for a couple of vids... been gone since early morning hauling grain... you guys spoiled my thunder.

Like I've already mentioned, last summer's rain every week from spring thaw to fall freezing, I didn't get any dirt hauled out & I am now out of space to do any new digging... everything has pretty much come to a halt with no free space to pile! So I'll pail this small pile up the stairs & out the door & soon start doing some new digging.

This dirt I'm loading into the pails is powder ash dry, to dump the dirt in at the top of pail creates a mushroom cloud of dust to rise above *cough cough*

Reaching down to the bottom to gently place the dirt to minimalize dust has created an interesting challenge to not move the 20L pail with each bucketful. I have less than half inch clearance at the four corners of the excavator bucket. This is pails #14 & 15 and I haven't had a flawless run yet.

Probably have another 10 pails to practice with to clean this up and then dig out this small area that is close to a cu/yd of material.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAYFVHmXgXI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlBiEyULwb8

I haven't done anything with the pup yet, been tinkering with other projects. The GL screwdrive dump has been working great, finished backfilling the wall a few weeks ago.

Joe
Old 01-29-2014, 09:05 PM

Sorry about beating you to the punch line man, the videos you uploaded last night really gave me a good look at how big the deer really is.

Are you not worried about all the dirt getting in to the screw drive on those dump units All the fin dust would acted like sand paper on them even if you cover them in grease of thick oil.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:17 PM
BANNED

The screw is tucked up under the box & sheltered well... there's no lube on the screw to attract dirt to it.

I was kidding about the thunder, thanx for your interest.

Joe
Old 01-30-2014, 08:31 AM

JohnStilwell is on a distinguished road

Question Joe,

The rear rims and tires you have on your Green GL pictured above? Do you have the same tires but differnt rims on the front axle? You may have already posted this info, but it would take days to read this whole thread to find it... lol
Rear Tires - are from what model or who makes them. Rims also? Have to do any mods to make them fit?
Front Tires / rims ?

Thanks,
John

Last edited by JohnStilwell; 01-30-2014 at 08:34 AM.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:43 PM
Green Horn

Hofabooz is on a distinguished road

Hi Joe

Glad you are OK and back to posting some updates. Makes my day frequently to find out how progress is coming along.
Thanks for posting.

Regards Mark
Old 01-30-2014, 03:50 PM
BANNED

John, same tires all around, and I think they originated from the Pajero jeep kit. The front rims come from the Hummer and the rears don't I know what they're from. The inner rims are a bit narrower than the outers & are bolted together. The hollow tires are a very hard rubber & they grip really well, especially with each one packed solid with air rifle BB's, I think it's more than a lbs per tire, adds a lot of weight to the trk. The trk gets around great when it's empty.

I tried on Tower Hobbies last yr to find more of these tires, but they didn't have them... might be discontinued. But here's the narrow & wide rims
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXGL03&P=7
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXGL04&P=7

Wild Willy put me onto to this combo a decade ago and has a write up about them on his website.
http://www.customrcmodels.com/id306.htm

These tires are quite wide dualed up; if you were eyeballing them for your dump trk, they'll stick out 25mm each side (225mm vs 175mm stock). The box I got from Reg is 230mm width.

Cheers Mark. When I get my garage/workshop done hopefully by summer, next winter my hobby should be in full swing again with regular updates of new projects & new activities.

Joe
Old 01-30-2014, 04:30 PM

JohnStilwell is on a distinguished road

Thanks Joe,

Yes, I was eyeballing them for my Wife's dump truck, but 25mm is too much sticking out, I don't think that would look too good. Maybe a future Mack build...

Like your JD Excat? That thing is huge, watched your video loading the 5 gal buckets
and you can barely fit the hoe bucket in there.

Opinion: I'm trying to decide between two different pieces of equipment:
1. The Fumotec PC490. Same builder / designer I believe as your JD, right. Seems like a nice kit, just not sure on the power and noise of the hydro system, hate it when they have that loud high pitch whine.

2. The Carson Track loader. They are supposed to come out with a 4in1 bucket for it that would make loading 'normal side height' dump trucks much easier since the loader doesn't have the bucket height needed to load a taller truck correctly / fully.

John
Old 01-30-2014, 06:04 PM
BANNED

Luv my JD! I wish I would have started my basement project with it.... The GP bucket is 50% greater width that I made, but same depth as stock.

I would take the excavator, I just enjoy running that particular type of model equip more than anything else. The mic on the camera amplifies the sound much more than it really is, you're probably going to be outside 90% of the time, right? You'll hardly hear it.

The 490's track drives & hyds are virtually the same as the JD, but its overall size is 20% smaller & half the weight. Don't tell anybody, I got one coming, it'll probably ship sometime in the next week, but I won't be starting on it till next winter.

Joe