RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Farm Tractors and Implements

Farm Tractors and Implements Discussion of farm equipment

Old 09-27-2011, 12:46 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default Rims for RC Tractors?

What rims are you guys running on your Tamiya semi truck axles, when you do these tractor conversions? There is a wealth of 2.2 sized rims out there, that fit 12mm drive hexes, but the set I ordered and received have way to much positive offset to fit my axles and allow clearance for the tractor frame. I need a rim with more negitive offset (with the hex not set so deep into the rim) or wheel wideners. I do have a set of Clodbuster wheel wideners, that will fit the 12mm hex just fine, but I'm also looking for other rim options. Something that at least looks kind of like a tractor rim.

The ultimate would be a custom machined set of rims, out of aluminum, but I am sure that's going to be expensive, and I don't even know who to talk to for something like that.

Mean time, I'll run the wideners I have, but I am open to any suggestions.

Old 09-27-2011, 06:59 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of
Default Re: Rims for RC Tractors?

I am with you on what you are wanting I think. You want the rim to bolt on and be further from the tractor for clearance right? The front wheels of the TRAXXAS Rustler/Stampede have a lot of negative offset and to make them look better use a hole saw and cut out a plate to fill in the center. Here is a link to them Click Here

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 09-27-2011, 07:40 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

"I don't even know who to talk to for something like that." yea you do just might take awhile he's still trying to get the back log done on top of real life

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:41 PM
Admin RIP FGD 2-12-59/12-19-11

FreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the rough

Travis, those rims for the tractors that I've done here lately bring the tires in to close,& will rub on the inside of the fenders. The one's that I glued the hubs into are perfect. As soon as I get back into town I'll give you the part #. It's also going to depend on which tractor your doing.
Espeefan,you might want to build the machine,or at least get the axles mounted.Then do some measuring before you order rims. Or you could be like me & are now sitting on 3 sets that don't work! Also if any of these that I have will work for you,I'll sell them to you dirt cheap.
Which tractor are you thinking of doing? I thought you said something about one of them red ones.
FGD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:03 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

Well your best bet is to get off the computer and go down to your LHS and see what they have that will work. On my International I used actual tractor rims and tires made for toy tractors that I bought at a farm toy show.

You can go to Toy Farmers web site Link and look for shows that will be in your area and there are usually a few different vendors there selling tractor parts.

Travis

Old 09-28-2011, 02:20 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhhhstix View Post
I am with you on what you are wanting I think. You want the rim to bolt on and be further from the tractor for clearance right? The front wheels of the TRAXXAS Rustler/Stampede have a lot of negative offset and to make them look better use a hole saw and cut out a plate to fill in the center. Here is a link to them Click Here

Stupid me, I got it backwards and bought the rear rims, which have more positive offset. Exactly the opposite of what I thought. I used to have a Rustler, same as a Stampede, for the most part, but I couldn't remember. I should be able to return the rims, as I never opened the packages, but they were so cheap, I might not worry about it. $7 for two. Thanks for the link.

Travis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
"I don't even know who to talk to for something like that." yea you do just might take awhile he's still trying to get the back log done on top of real life
I didn't really know you were in the ag tractor rim business, Steve, but since you mentioned it, maybe we can talk. I don't know how soon my tractor will need rims. I seem to work pretty slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyGearDrive View Post
Travis, those rims for the tractors that I've done here lately bring the tires in to close,& will rub on the inside of the fenders. The one's that I glued the hubs into are perfect. As soon as I get back into town I'll give you the part #. It's also going to depend on which tractor your doing.
Espeefan,you might want to build the machine,or at least get the axles mounted.Then do some measuring before you order rims. Or you could be like me & are now sitting on 3 sets that don't work! Also if any of these that I have will work for you,I'll sell them to you dirt cheap.
Which tractor are you thinking of doing? I thought you said something about one of them red ones.
FGD
I'm working on a Case IH 600 4WD.

Like I mentioned to Travis, I got mixed up and ordered the wrong rims. They were cheap though, and I can still send them back. Or use some wideners I have laying here. What I'd really like to do is narrow the Stampede tires I have and stick with the duals. Have to see. Seems all these 1/16 scale tractors have about the same frame width. The Tamiya axle's mounting flat (with the holes for screws) are just a smidge wider then the tractor frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhhhstix View Post
Well your best bet is to get off the computer and go down to your LHS and see what they have that will work. On my International I used actual tractor rims and tires made for toy tractors that I bought at a farm toy show.

You can go to Toy Farmers web site Link and look for shows that will be in your area and there are usually a few different vendors there selling tractor parts.

Travis
Thanks for the link. I used to go to toy shows, but haven't been to one in years. I wonder what people would think if they saw one of these Ertls gone RC.
Old 09-28-2011, 02:44 AM

ddc333 is on a distinguished road

Espeen

the other place to ask about custom tractor stuff is on pirate farm toys site.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:20 AM
Green Horn

Location: Up a hill above the dirty Ohio river on the Indiana side.
rcguyfarms is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
I wonder what people would think if they saw one of these Ertls gone RC.
U will get some reactions, but half will not even bother to look. Sometimes u even might have a someone wanting to take it home. The smaller the size tractor in 1/16th will get better reactions ie (my deere 4410 rc tractor). Either way it's still fun to see the reactions u get and be ready to answer lots of questions.

U should look into the tellebrog 850 tires for ur case like on my stegier. The tires are real soft and grip very well, but need to be glued or on bead lock rims.

Last edited by rcguyfarms; 09-28-2011 at 06:24 AM.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:29 PM
Master Builder

rc_farmer is on a distinguished road

I had an extension shaft made for my and Pauls steiger. I will post a pic of it. That extension made the tires fits nicely back to the same stock with with the stock tires, using the tamiya axles. The tire mates to the back of the plate of the axle and is then secures with a lock nut. This kinda take away from the appearacne of the drive hub, but was the only way i could come up with at the time.

Rob

Last edited by rc_farmer; 09-28-2011 at 11:57 PM.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:08 PM

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

"I didn't really know you were in the ag tractor rim business, Steve, but since you mentioned it, maybe we can talk. I don't know how soon my tractor will need rims. I seem to work pretty slow."

Nate I'm trying to get a shop with the right machine to run my blanks for the truck wheels to free me up on new designs . I have been asked I'm even thinking of getting 1 of those case/IH to do my self . Don't be shy about asking for custom rims for whatever you are building . I'll find a shop for my production , it's just taking a little time .

Old 09-29-2011, 12:45 AM
Journeyman

rockNmayhem is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcguyfarms View Post
U will get some reactions, but half will not even bother to look. Sometimes u even might have a someone wanting to take it home. The smaller the size tractor in 1/16th will get better reactions ie (my deere 4410 rc tractor). Either way it's still fun to see the reactions u get and be ready to answer lots of questions.

U should look into the tellebrog 850 tires for ur case like on my stegier. The tires are real soft and grip very well, but need to be glued or on bead lock rims.
I'm having a hard time tracking down those tires on your Stegier you show. Could you possibly post a link or some places to look for those tires. All I can find is full size tires under the Telleborg name.

Tyler
Old 09-29-2011, 01:29 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
"I didn't really know you were in the ag tractor rim business, Steve, but since you mentioned it, maybe we can talk. I don't know how soon my tractor will need rims. I seem to work pretty slow."

Nate I'm trying to get a shop with the right machine to run my blanks for the truck wheels to free me up on new designs . I have been asked I'm even thinking of getting 1 of those case/IH to do my self . Don't be shy about asking for custom rims for whatever you are building . I'll find a shop for my production , it's just taking a little time .
Thanks Steve. It's good to know when the time comes I can maybe talk business with you then. I'd really like to stick with the duals, but run some narrowed Stampede tires. I am sure we can come up with something. The inner rim wouldn't need to be very detailed at all. The outer rim would be pretty simple. The one piece dual rims are pretty plain. Just some hub detail and the screws that bolt the outer rim to the hub, behind it.

What do you think?
Old 09-29-2011, 01:32 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Rob, thanks for sharing your tricks and ideas, for these conversions. I appreciate it.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:09 AM

Hmmm you got me thinking

Old 09-29-2011, 08:23 PM
Out of control

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockNmayhem View Post
I'm having a hard time tracking down those tires on your Stegier you show. Could you possibly post a link or some places to look for those tires. All I can find is full size tires under the Telleborg name.

Tyler
Tyler the tires come from dealers like DAKOTAH TOYS (605)-256-6676 give them a call and they will send you a catalog. The catalog is in black and white and can sometimes be hard to make out the pics but they have good descriptions of the products and give you dimensions of the tires and rims they will fit. The rims are easily converted to work with our RC gear. You can also go to a farm toy show and pic up stuff there from a few different vendors but they all carry most of the same items. You can go to toy farmer magazines web site and see a listing of toy shows to find one in your area.

Travis

Old 10-16-2011, 10:48 AM
Green Horn

hauler_10-4 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
I'd really like to stick with the duals, but run some narrowed Stampede tires.

Nathan the stampede tires are the exact same height as the stock ERTL ones. And the width is the same as the 2 dual wheels. I know you dont want singles but they still look good on the New Holland...lol.

Old 10-16-2011, 01:31 PM
Green Horn

Location: Up a hill above the dirty Ohio river on the Indiana side.
rcguyfarms is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockNmayhem View Post

Tyler
Mine come from Standi toys. U have to call them and order the 1/16th scale 850/60 38 tires. Tires are $20 a pair. To find the info click on the price list link on the homepage of the website. then go to page 5 on the pdf file. the tires I got are listed under the rear tires column. I told the guy I wanted stieger color rims and he sells most other brand colors also.

http://www.standitoys.com
Old 01-26-2018, 10:12 PM

Dblrflach is on a distinguished road

Been reading some threads trying to figure out how I’m going to piece my tractors together been worries about how I was going to attach my tires to axles, I think this is perfect! Now just to get some made up
Old 02-01-2018, 01:57 AM
Master Builder

rc_farmer is on a distinguished road

You are building this in 1/32, should interesting to follow. What are you using for drive gear?

Rob