RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction News

Construction News New kits & accessories offered in the world wide marketplace

Old 05-08-2017, 06:33 AM
Wannabe

Efroeh is on a distinguished road
Default Eagle new radios

I see on YouTube that eagle has switched there radios for the loader and dozer. Wonder how good they are and why the switch.

https://youtu.be/iLx5IGf6STg

https://youtu.be/WfcCEJZSP-s
Old 05-08-2017, 07:13 AM
Green Horn

lenny is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Eagle new radios

Thats the radio I received with my loader. Not the worst I've used definitely not the best. Touch screen to run thru settings, but anything white in this hobby dont last long Im always wiping that thing clean.
Old 05-08-2017, 07:22 AM

honda3 is on a distinguished road

Thats the one i received with the 360L as well.
Old 05-08-2017, 07:34 AM
Green Horn

I was wondering on that honda3. Is it the top roller switches that control track movement?
Old 05-08-2017, 08:15 AM
Wannabe

Rimrock is on a distinguished road

That's the new Flysky i6s. I like the cleaner and more modern design of it, and it's easy to set up. Just uses 4 off AA, small and neat to grip and carry around. there is also a bracket in the kit for mounting a phone, or screen to it, popular for drones. It's 10 ch, vs 9 ch for the old 'bulky' radio TH9x used earlier. The old one function ok too, but the buttons for setup is kind of slow...you have to push quite hard on those buttons to get it going..but that's peanuts)
Main difference is the old radio mainly have 2 way switches, just 1 off 3 way, and there is the 2 pot.meters, without self centering as standard (the one being modified by eagle for track operation, which possible is a bit tricky and expensive. The new radio have 2 off 2 way switches, 2 off 3 way, 2 off self centering pot.meter rollers on the top of the radio, which is ideal for track operation of an excavator. Just have ripped out one of those FH9x that came with a excavator I purchased, not rc4wd, and installed the i6s. They had not done any modification to the potmeters for track operation, as Eagle does, and it was just hopeless to control the tracks without any self centering rollers. To get more easy and precise track operation, one need a expensive radio with 3D sticks IMO, at like x10 of the cost of i6s, which is $60-70. Naturally there might be other reasonable priced radios with self centering rollers, that I'm not aware of)

Last edited by Rimrock; 05-08-2017 at 08:28 AM.
Old 05-19-2017, 03:48 PM

honda3 is on a distinguished road

Yes lenny the roller switches do control track movement.
Old 05-19-2017, 09:33 PM
Green Horn

good to know honda3.. i was hoping so, thought it mite be odd if they were operated thru momentary toggles on the radio..
Old 07-23-2017, 08:51 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road

If it's the FS-i6, it's a P.O.S.! I just bought one, for my KH, & have issues with it. Brand new batteries in it, take it out to run, & the low battery alarm goes off while running, & activates the failsafe. Soon as I let off the throttle the tiniest bit, (Still in 3Rd gear) The throttle slams almost full power to the unit, as low voltage alarms stopped going off. Battery voltage was reading 5.9V, according to the built in meter on the radio seconds before, & immediately after alarm stopped sounding . I thought I'd be a tight @ss & buy this thing, rather then a QUALITY radio. IDK for sure where it is, but I know there is something stripped out in the Tamiya King Hauler now. It makes horrible sounds when I try to ease the throttle up. I'm so disgusted right now, I just sat it back on it's shelf, & walked away.

Lesson learned! Now I have to get a nice new radio. I think I'll go with the Spektrum DX6. I have a DX4, & love it for other models I have. It works well for steer, & throttle applications, with on board audio that has a horn option, but not so good for the KH. The 3rd, & 4th channels, that I'm aware of, isn't a way to precisely control them. I'd either ONLY have 2, of the 3 speeds to work with.