RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Farm Tractors and Implements

Farm Tractors and Implements Discussion of farm equipment

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-12-2020, 09:54 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road
Default Cockshutt 70 tractor (1935-48)

Well my Ford 7710 project is still only a 'ruined toy' needing front end parts that i'm poorly equipped to fabricate. I figured i should restart with an easier tractor, and come back to it later. I needed a Narrow Front or something that already had articulating steering, so i stumbled across these.

Without knowing anything about either of them, the one on your Left looked like a great basis to start with. Soft rubbery tires, enclosed hood instead of engine detail, Narrow Front wheels, says cock, little wing steps above rear axle, pretty cool looking lines.

Plan right now: pair of 200 rpm 12v gearmotors, a mg90s servo, 10a esc, 2ch radio, some 2/3A nimh cells. Punch couple holes for switches, charge port, and antenna 'exhaust pipe'.

I'm only planning to use it to pull stuff with the drawbar. I don't think it's worth setting up a 3-pt hitch, or trying to make the mid-mount cultivator things.

It's not an Ertl, but it is still 1/16 scale diecast metal just like their tractors.

Once i figured out this much, I've been doing some research on it, and the Cockshutt 70 is a Row-crop tractor built from 1935-48. Seems like they were built by Oliver, and sold in Canada. Hart Parr 70 / Oliver 70 / Cockshutt 70.
--
This machine seems to have been made by 'Spec Cast' and apparently lost its rear fenders somewhere along the way.

{Nope. Made by 'Scale Models' out of Iowa, by an Ertl after they sold the name}

I also ran across a place that sells toy tractor & equipment parts in 1/16 scale.
http://www.dakotahtoyparts.com
I'm seeing some stuff that would help my 7710, the Barber-Greene loader, and all kinds of stuff that would look great on pallets for my forklift.
Also
https://www.chuckysprecisionspullersandparts.com

Last edited by frizzen; 01-19-2022 at 02:59 PM.