RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 01-02-2013, 05:14 PM
Backyard enginier

Izzy will become famous soon enoughIzzy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: S&M Trucking open for bizz nizz !!!

Wow - very nice!
Old 01-02-2013, 07:03 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

BRICKNICK is on a distinguished road

One sweet Pete...
Old 01-04-2013, 10:24 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

Thanks Oz , Izzy n Brick

If you guys like, I know we're on the right track

Mario
Old 01-24-2013, 01:32 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Hey all !

So I'm off work because I hurt my back.... Well sitting on the couch ain't helping, trying to work on Susan's truck is not working out so I'm going crazy and found something to do for a few minutes which didn't hurt....

http://youtu.be/xK8bR_DKh1g
Old 01-24-2013, 01:43 PM
Green Horn

buzzy16 is on a distinguished road

Black passion looks amazing!!
Keep up the good work
Old 01-24-2013, 04:22 PM
Journeyman

woodhog is on a distinguished road

Hey Mario,Susans truck has came a long way looks real good cant wait till Indy
Old 01-25-2013, 06:33 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Thanks for the compliment Buzzy and ya Chris, I cant wait till indy
I feel like I brought a knife to a gun fight last year with just one truck and 3 trailers.... gonna be different this year, 3 trucks ( if I get the Wedico together ) 5 trailers and a Liebherr 574 loader ...... hmmmmm, yup. I have a problem, definitely addicted

anyway, going crazy laying around the house the last few days and feeling better today so I got some work done on Black Passion! Nothing exciting, just wiring. As much as I thought it would be a real mess, i am pleasantly surprised that its looking and working good

I really liked how my MFU mount worked on my truck so I did the same on this one. No glue or screws required, just a wedge fit.

and thanks to the higher sleeper i was able to add a shelf for the SS tronix kit and still have easy battery access. Also high enough it cant be seen through the rear sleeper window.

heres the mfu switch box mounting and the chassis wiring.

so thats it for today. Just need to make a few more connections, the speaker , put a battery in and test it out tommorow!

the done list is getting longer than the to do list on this build ....finally

thanks for looking , all comments welcome

Mario
Old 01-26-2013, 03:39 AM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

great job Mario as for indy Boss said I can only take what will fit in the Jet and with a 990 there's not much room for everything else

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:58 AM
Green Horn

Goose19 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post

looks FANTASTIC Mario!

finally a pete done with the headlights in the right spot (with the exception of brians 2)

those dual round dont look bad mounted low and forward like that, but ive never seen them mouted there.

looking at the pics, its like S&M traded in an old ruck to get the BOSS a new Pete! LOL
Old 01-26-2013, 09:33 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
great job Mario as for indy Boss said I can only take what will fit in the Jet and with a 990 there's not much room for everything else
Thanks Steve
When you bring something like a 990 , that's like bringing a 50 cal . No other ammo required!

Glad to hear you plan on attending, can't wait to see how many buckets to fill Susan's 3 axle end dump

Thanks Goose for the thumbs up. The headlight placement was tricky but I knew to get the look right they had to be low as possible. I never did take pics as I installed them but they are mounted to the stock grill with 2 mm bolts, nuts on the back side and some thread lock. I was able to wire and install complete on the grill first then mount on cab.
Getting these lights straight and perfect is almost impossible.
The driver side turned out perfect. The passenger side on the other hand is just a little off and not much I can do. The mould of the plastic is off a bit, it's where the lamp group meets the bracket is not square and has a slight tilt and twist.
I'm being fussy though, it's not like the lights are pointing off in all directions and ya really gotta look to notice so I quit filing and shimming and mounted the thing before I screwed something up!

Mario
Old 01-27-2013, 10:51 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Well, getting closer now. Tranny noise issue is fixed. Radio all set up and working great, chassis lights ok.
So it was time to test the 5th wheel operation. I was nervous at first. Wasn't working near as expected Due to the very short reaction arm on the servo I wasn't getting enough travel range to fully open and close
Did some more bending and tweaking of the rod and now got it to this point.

Here's a video. I need opinions on if the latch is closing enough or will I have issues? No matter what, I refuse to have the arm come up through the deck plate! Worst case scenario is I put a longer arm down under the frame rails and come up with a new linkage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhXi-iCOSmU

Thanks for looking and all comments welcome

Mario
Old 01-27-2013, 11:19 AM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

From watching the video a couple times I see one problem and here another. That servo should have more travel then that so you might want to check your end point adjustments. I can here the servo chatter when it is in the open pos so that tells me the servo wants to go farther but something is stopping it so I would check to make sure the rod is not binding somewhere. Remember as the rod is pulled back by the servo it is going to go down as well.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 01-27-2013, 11:31 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Thanks Travis , yes I agree not much travel... End point adjustment? How do I do that? I ran through the MFU SW1 setting . What else can I do to increase servo travel? Can I get a micro servo with single direction with more travel if I have too?

Oh yeah, I think I'm a couple splines off neutral position and the rod knuckle is catching on the cross member hole. Need to file down the knuckle a little smoother.

Last edited by Supermario; 01-27-2013 at 11:34 AM.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:33 AM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

I guess I would need to know what radio your using, the end point adjustment should be in the radio.

Travis

Old 01-27-2013, 12:56 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhhhstix View Post
I guess I would need to know what radio your using, the end point adjustment should be in the radio.

Travis

Oops, lol. I have a airtronics VG600 radio and I see the endpoint adjustment screws. Correct me if I'm wrong but 5th wheel means elevator correct?
Old 01-27-2013, 01:29 PM
Out of control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
Oops, lol. I have a airtronics VG600 radio and I see the endpoint adjustment screws. Correct me if I'm wrong but 5th wheel means elevator correct?
Yep the elevator is for the fifth wheel.

Travis

Old 01-27-2013, 01:48 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

End point on elevator is at max. I adjusted the rod, smoothed the edge of knuckle and all is quite with the servo now. I tested the hook and unhook on my flatbed and besides the fact this truck stands a little taller than mine and I needed to add a little thickness to the leg pads, it hooks and unhooks great. Indoor testing is one thing though, wont know till spring when I get on some outdoor terrain and speeds if it may come unlatched or not.
Once again Travis, thanks for the help and info

Mario
Old 01-27-2013, 01:57 PM
Out of control

You are welcome, that is what this forum is all about helping each other enjoy the hobby.

Travis

Old 01-29-2013, 03:21 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Hey all ! S&M trucking now has a new loader!
I ordered this machine on Jan 4th. It left Spain on the 11th and arrived at my door on the 29th. That's not too bad for shipping time. I'm impressed.
Couple things I'm not impressed with..... At some point in its travel, the box must have been left upside down because when I pulled it out of the box there is hyd oil all over it the box was looking pretty rough and the loader did suffer some minor damage like a broken tab and a crack in the front belly pan frame section. No big deal, I glued the crack and installed a small screw to replace the plastic tab. The electronics and hydraulics install is well done and all fits nice.
The guy has great skills to do this conversion but needs to work on his packing skills.

Oh, one other thing. I purchased the lipo battery and charger with the loader but the AC cord it comes with has a plug which looks more like a sex toy than something you plug in the wall!
Lesson learned.... Never buy a charger or anything you expect to plug into the wall from a guy on the other side of the ocean

Pics are coming..... Have to finish cleaning the hyd oil off of it first

Mario
Old 01-29-2013, 04:38 PM
Journeyman

Kaf343 is an unknown quantity at this point

Can't wait to see the Loader Mario.