RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 09-09-2016, 10:13 AM

DougH is on a distinguished road
Default Light colors?

Just wondering what you thought about using different color LED's for my clearance/cab/trailer accent lights? I've build a couple of trucks using the standard amber but next build I was thinking about maybe something different.

If main body color is lets say green would it weird to use green LEDs? Or red with a red body or blue lights to accent a blue body. This build will be a Globeliner with stretched sleeper on a Grand Hauler frame. Flatbed trailer painted to match.

Is this going too far out of the box? Or does anything go with a custom look
Old 09-09-2016, 10:37 AM
Green Horn

Just_Build_It is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Light colors?

I think the color of the lights is what pleases your liking. Red light with green paint looks Christmas to me. Blue lights with a blue paint would would look good if you add a secondary color to contrast all the blue IMO. Using standard amber in certain locations such as directionals an on a different channel from your accent lights would be pretty good to obtain that scale look but also give it a nice show look to it. Just take your time and I'm sure you'll come up with a light scheme that will turn heads.
Old 09-09-2016, 12:03 PM

DougH is on a distinguished road

I'm thinking of a Key Lime Green / Light Grey combo for the paint colors. Accent lights would be green. Maybe I'll alternate amber/ green.

Just finished a truck with Orange/light tan combo with standard amber lights that I think looks awesome.
Old 09-09-2016, 01:24 PM
Green Horn

Just_Build_It is on a distinguished road

That will look pretty good. Those colors will go great with the green lights for sure!