RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Scale Buildings, Warehouses and Structures.

Scale Buildings, Warehouses and Structures. If you have buildings and other structures that you have built to use with your Rc's here is your place to share them.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-18-2012, 12:07 AM
Journeyman

pigeonfarmboy is on a distinguished road
Default PFB Trommel Build

Want to sort gravel and large dirt lumps from my site dirt. Figured a trommel would be a cool way to get the job done.

The outer frame was made to fit on Izzy's lowboy trailer that I bought from him. It will have hooks on all four corners so my Excavator can lift it into place at the site. I formed the cylinder out of 16ga. steel on a slip roller and welded it shut. I was suprised how close it is to true. Should be good enough for operation. The cylinder will mount into a subframe that will pivot allowing it's angle to be adjustable. The height of the frame is the same as my dump truck beds so the loader will reach just right. The hopper is also big enough on all three sides for the loader bucket width. There will be a motor shaker unit on the hopper so it fully empties. The drum will ride on 4 skateboard bearings within welded channels around the outside and be driven by a bicycle chain wrapped around the drum and a sprocket on a geared motor. Plan to have the fines and the coarse feed to two separate duratoy conveyors/hoppers. Should be good fun!