RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-02-2010, 02:00 PM
Apprentice

D8R is on a distinguished road
Default Re: D8R +463 in 1/5,6

Thanks for comments,
they are made of normal steel, don´t know quality but not stainless. A couple of mig tacks and then soldered in owen.
Sorry Dozer, couldn´t find the attachment.
320lbs, that´s now, when finished I think more of 430-450lbs complete with ripper and blade. It´s not only for good with this weight, it´s becoming harder to move the machine (remember, I can´t drive out from work shop).
The engine is a Honda 2,5hp 4-cycle industrial engine with built in reduction of 1:2. This gives a output shaft speed of 1500rpm at max torque. With hydraulic pumps it´s perfect with the 1500. Here shown without muffler, will build one as big as possible when all other stuffs is inside the model. A bigger muffler will give a more prototypical sound (I hope).

Was at a hobby show today at Volvo museeum and they had a very large L220 model. I thing my 463 is big but it could almost fit inside the bucket, is there a limit to call it a model?? Remember seeing the model before, here´s a link to the builder, impressing!
http://www.wessels-modellbau.de/Gall...allerie_4.html
Dan

Tags
1/5.6, big scale, cat, d8r, dozer