RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 03-23-2013, 07:10 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

JAMMER is on a distinguished road
Default MORPOWER pump & valve

Here is the MORPOWER pump and valves.

Old 03-23-2013, 07:48 AM
Journeyman

woodhog is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MORPOWER pump & valve

They Look nice are they going to produce more? Look like a good size also!
Old 03-23-2013, 08:06 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Chris I just got the valve today ordered it last week. Yes you can get the pump and valves they also have quick disconnects. Ed
Old 03-23-2013, 08:43 AM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road

Whats their website?
Old 03-23-2013, 08:49 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

That stuff looks nice. Now hurry up and put it in something so we can all see how good it works!
Old 03-23-2013, 09:07 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Reg now there in lies the problem, I want to build a loader but that will be a while. Got a tractor and a dump trailer to do first but even before that I got to fix my cnc mill. Ed
Old 03-23-2013, 09:46 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Ed, are these guys inside the USA? Any dimensions on the pump/motor/tank combo, and the valve block? Do they make any valve blocks with just one or two valves?
Old 03-23-2013, 10:01 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMER View Post
Reg now there in lies the problem, I want to build a loader but that will be a while. Got a tractor and a dump trailer to do first but even before that I got to fix my cnc mill. Ed
Haha, I know exactly what you mean! Well at least you have the stuff on hand for when you are ready. It seems to look decent enough for the price. Hopefully it works out.
Old 03-23-2013, 02:04 PM
Master Builder

rc_farmer is on a distinguished road

Ed, it s funny U should post this now, Ed in Stl and I were just talking about ordering one of these this coming wk. Interesed to see how they work. I did notice they have changed thier website.

They are in Tawain.

Rob
Old 03-23-2013, 03:45 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Current: 9amp that's not good.. that's going down the same road as the hk version.

What's the diameter & width of the gears Ed? Maybe we can guesstimate what the flow might be?

Joe
Old 03-23-2013, 04:44 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

It could be 9A max the description is a little vague I didn't get 1 yet but I will and try it in the TD40B as the 2 other Jungs I got are slated for the twins .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-23-2013, 05:57 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

http://www.morpower.com.tw/Hydraulic...re%20Pump.html

9 amps does sound pretty power hungry, but say you have a 5,000 mili-amp battery pack, it would provide roughly 30 mins of continuous operation. That's not horrible, is it? On a model like an excavator, where you are mostly just running the pump, and the spin motor, 30 mins doesn't sound to bad. On a wheel loader, where the pump could be dialed back to an idle between bucket cycles, with some channel mixing, runtime would still be around 15 to 20 mins, I'd guess, since the drivetrain motors would be consuming power as well.

What sort of run time do you guys get with your models right now? Joe, weren't you getting 40-45 mins on your Vario?
Old 03-23-2013, 06:11 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

On my 990 I get any where between 35-45 min depending how hard I work it . thats with a 4500 Mah 11.1 lipo with the jung setup . I never ran a amp test yet .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:13 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Thanks Steve. I guess I'd be really curious to know what kind of current the typical hydraulic pumps pull. 9 does sound high, but like you said, maybe that's the max rating, and it draws less then that.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:13 PM
Green Horn

cdm is on a distinguished road

I was pulling 5amps on a 20 turn motor with the leim pump... so sure, its possible! going to a 45t torquemaster cut it to 1200mah every 15 minutes (havent amp measured that yet). soo...over an hour on my battery. my servos suck quite a bit of juice as well.

20bars at 7v. interesting! that will allow you to run about 8000mah 2s in the same space as a 6000 3s.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:35 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Joe if you are unhappy with the motor just change it as you can see there is a coupler between the motor and the pump. The pump turns sort of hard witch tells me it the tolerances are tight the gears are a lot big compared to wedico and other german pumps except Jung I put the pump back together so no measurements of the gears right now. Nathan they are in Taiwan and they make a single valve for there landing gear a 3 and 6 valve. In case anyone wants to know they ship quick I ordered on the 19 of March and got it yesterday came EMS. I like the valve body it comes with servo and has nut fittings so you can use a wrench to tighten the lines. They also have quick couplers with shutoff on both sides. Ed

Last edited by JAMMER; 03-24-2013 at 06:51 AM.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:02 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

5amp 4s lipo, easy digging 50+, hard digging 40 or so.

Ed, does it give any specs on that sticker on the motor?

Does it have the press relief valve built into the pump?

What was the cost of each component?

What is EMS for delivery?

Joe
Old 03-24-2013, 01:10 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

SmallHaul will become famous soon enoughSmallHaul will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Current: 9amp that's not good.. that's going down the same road as the hk version.

What's the diameter & width of the gears Ed? Maybe we can guesstimate what the flow might be?
Agreed. 9amps would be a lot compared to liembach pumps, i measured the current draw on 4 machines that i have worked on using liembach pumps and 2.5amps is the most any of them pulled.

9amps would be ok though if it has 4 times the power of a liembach pump. It would just be overkill for smaller hydraulic machines.

Always nice to see more rc hydraulic components become available.

Thanks for posting pics Ed.

"No load is too Small"
Old 03-24-2013, 04:47 PM
Journeyman

rockNmayhem is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc_farmer View Post
Ed, it s funny U should post this now, Ed in Stl and I were just talking about ordering one of these this coming wk. Interesed to see how they work. I did notice they have changed thier website.

They are in Tawain.
Rob I should be receiving mine tomorrow or tuesday as it's been a little behind with the weather but I will be glad to let you and Ed check it out in April at the show. I hope to have it in a loader by the show but if not I will still have it to play with. I asked the company when purchasing the pump and 3 valve block about the power draw and they gave me a straight answer saying that the peak amp draw was 9.143-9.200 at 12V and a continuous draw around the 3-4 amp range when not overloaded.

Now I know thats still a little much but I'm going to give it a try on a 5mAh lipo and set the pump only to engage with the servo throw so I can save batteries and also hopefully keep everything running cooler.

I'll keep people updated with what I find out as well.

Ed hope to see some projects coming along with that setup.

Tyler
Old 03-25-2013, 05:55 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

The case says DC 7.2 Volts 1500 RPM and the advertised pressure is 298.78 the gears are 3/8 inches in diameter and 7/16 inches tall and no relief valve. the drive gear has an O ring on the shaft on it and it is recessed in the case. the pick up is a hose connector with out the nut on it opening that up would help. I would say a bigger motor with more RPM and larger pick up and the pressure would go up. Ed