RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 01-12-2015, 03:42 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: LilGiantsConstrCO

I think the trans in this trk dates back to 1998 . The aluminum gear on the left was the motor pinion, the middle aluminum gear was on top shaft of trans & the gear change disc is out of the front of trans, I change that too b/c the center had quite a bit of wear & so did the shift fork groove.

I came up with this idea yesterday to keep the inside of conveyer belt on crusher clean... I haven't taken the time to try it yet. The brush came from a car window ice scraper.

And here's the jungle of hoses & wiring I've been trying to stuff under the hood.

I made this plastic box mostly for the purpose of having somewhere to mount the on/off switch so I could reach it without removing the hood. The speed controls for pump & swing are inside there.

I painted the counter weight, then decaled it and then clear coated to protect/seal the decal... for some reason the clear had a reaction with the paint I don't have any extra decals, 5 feet away you can't see it & probably before too long I'll have it dirty & all scratched up anyway.

The body parts I made, everything butted together so well before the electrical & hyd plumbing.

This disconnect is where my gauge plugs in... once the pressure is set (20bar), really don't need it anymore & don't have the space for it anyway.

I have a variety of fittings, but of course not exactly what I needed for a simple connection of the gauge...

I made the engine hood not quite high enough for this 3D printed piece to fit, added a 3mm shim, now it fits.

I unbolted the pump from the floor so I could get a good grip with my fingers on the suction & return lines... presently no more leaks. I haven't added any inserts to the return lines.

I got it all tuned up: the tracks, the swing, the pump, all 5 valves; everything works, mixes are programmed. I even tried out the hammer, pounding into a piece of wood 2x4 a quarter inch deep is where it stopped. Now to just finish the bodywork, paint it & off to the basement.

Joe
Old 01-12-2015, 03:52 PM
Journeyman

Exclusive RC is an unknown quantity at this point

excavator is coming out quite beautiful bro
Old 01-13-2015, 09:47 PM
Journeyman

RCLogger will become famous soon enough

Good work Joe. Now that you have a shop the maintenance will start getting done. The Deere is almost ready to go back to work

Greg
Old 01-16-2015, 04:11 PM

calum_scania is on a distinguished road

The new machine is looking great Joe well done! can't wait to see it in the basement

Calum
Old 01-16-2015, 06:44 PM
BANNED

Kind of you to say Brian, Thanx.

Yes indeed Greg, I have made many repairs to old models the last couple weeks & still a few more oldies to do yet. Back to work? this JD hoe is brand new a kid brother to the 850. Maybe Sunday I'll have pics with the two side by side.

It's in the basement now Calum with no body, I've been doing some trials with the hammer... I don't think I have it tuned right as the hammer isn't working that good. I sent Premacon an email a few days ago with some questions, I'm waiting for a response.

But in the meantime, I start on the next Fumotec model, B45 ADT.

Joe
Old 01-16-2015, 08:19 PM
Wannabe

RCTech9 is on a distinguished road

Cool is the Volvo, with the big bed going into retirement when the fumotec is running?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-17-2015, 07:35 AM
BANNED

Nope, it might see a little less use, but it will still get used, it just continues to work that well.

Joe
Old 01-17-2015, 09:56 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

JAMMER is on a distinguished road

Very nice work on your new evcavator Joe. I see were the Euro is falling the last look was 1.15 and may go lower abouttime we got a break. Ed
Old 01-17-2015, 01:40 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

Keep the adt pics coming
Old 01-17-2015, 04:53 PM
BANNED

Hmmm, so it is Ed, the $usd looks real good, the best it's been in close to 5yrs. The $cdn has rebounded quite a bit too, but is still a couple cents lower than when I bought these kits Sept 2013.

RW, I spend a lot of time browsing this forum, these guys have a lot of great ideas to improve what is already an awesome kit to build.

http://www.modell-baustelle.de/index...ard&boardID=38
http://www.modell-baustelle.de/index...&threadID=5351

Here's the fix-it job for today, made a brass piece to beef up the bucket cyl mount on the Stahl loader, this should last a long time.

Joe
Old 01-18-2015, 08:59 AM

mog is on a distinguished road

good fix there you sure seam be pulling lost of wenches and not meany joy sticks lol. i like you fix but i bet you could have tig weld a thicker piece of steel in there too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-18-2015, 09:39 AM
BANNED

You bet Martin, I've been getting a lot of building and fixing done lately, I think it's before xmas since I did any digging last.

The broken metal pieces above are all aluminum... with everything I have been working at lately I haven't even turned the power on the tig once yet. I'm just not in the right mood to fuss with that right now ...too many other irons in the fire.

Here's a few pics of the finished JD450.

This one is for you Kalle, sorry about the wait.

I did talk myself into putting an interior in this hoe last week, even fished through my junk pile to find a seat/console/joysticks & floor from an old Stahl excavator. But before I put a saw to the cab I checked my inventory 1st to look for clear sheeting for windows & didn't find any.... maybe later I do this.

Joe
Old 01-18-2015, 11:35 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Stuff is on a distinguished road

wow! heck of a maintenance day!
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
Old 01-25-2015, 09:45 PM
BANNED

I've been tinkering all week with the 450 trying to get it to work just the way I want it to... I find this hyd pump & motor combo (900ml/min) to be putting out way too much flow, and with only 14mm cyl bores it extends/retracts far too quick.

During my testing I found a leaker too, the delivery tube on the stick cyl needed re-soldering. And having these extra valves on the hoe, I was able to the test the cyl without having to install on the model.

I also changed the hoses from the valves to the brass tubes from 4/2.5mm to 4/2mm to restrict oil flow somewhat to help slow it down. I checked the bores of both 2.5mm fittings & 2mm fittings with a drill bit & they're both the same at 1.5mm. The 4/2mm hose is a softer, more flexible rubber & slipped over the 2.5 fitting no problem.

I have this rpm speed sensing tool from Reed, I used it to precisely set my pump motor at 50%. Full speed is 9000rpm. What I had thought was less than half by listening to it was actually 5800rpm. Now it's at 4500rpm. I set the pressure to 18bar.

Running the model on the bench, the hyd movement seems about right & perhaps fluent movements will be more manageable... off to the basement for more trials & tuning.

I didn't have much for esc's in my inventory, currently using a Banebot, the swing drive seems a little choppy. The Servonaut MFR esc that Frank sent with the kit to use for the swing drive, I used it in my 4206 in the electric steering actuator last spring. The MFR works super smooth in that application. Gonna have to get another MFR or a few of them.

Joe
Old 01-25-2015, 10:47 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

Always some tweaking to get it how ya want. That's really nice having the extra valve using it for a quick hookup! Speaking of swing drive, what's a good low backlash gear motor (vertical mount) ? I ask as the revamp I'm doing has had a lot of slop left/right. I was wanting to get a gear head motor that has better planetary gears or tolerances . I thought about making the four mounting holes oblong so I could tighten up the clearance between ring gear and pinion gear. I hate that slop. And the gear motor that's in it isn't a planetary system but just some arranged gears inside the reduction housing. And I think I recall you saying you control some of the extend/retract speed with limiting how far the servo opens valve? Is that correct? Your almost ready to be able to sit back and enjoy some home-work, nice and toasty too!!!
Old 01-26-2015, 08:21 PM
BANNED

I found out today from Frank that the Jung pump in this 450 is a 0,45/rev... no freaking wonder I've been having a bytch of a time with excessive hyd speed.

Even at 50% motor speed it's still borderline quick, it could be a bit slower yet for fluent movement. And running the motor at such slow speed, I think it's causing the Roxxy esc to behave a little erratic too with +/-rpm b/c the lift/lower of the boom will pulsate occasionally.

900ml/min divide 0,45ml/min = 2000rpm output

9000rpm top motor speed divide 2000rpm out speed = 4,5:1 reduction head

The next size smaller Jung pump is 0,3ml/rev, which will equal approx 600ml/min at full motor speed. So running motor at 70% should maintain a more accurate flow rate of 420ml/min, which I think is right where I want to be.

Yes RW, lower EPA on valves will make them less sensitive to operate, it will take more stick throw to make the valves move. I have the values for boom, stick, bucket between 60 - 70% and using dual rates with curves & offsets I can make each valve react quicker without opening much... if that makes sense?

Your swing motor/gearhead sounds like a spur gear, not overly strong or as powerful as a planetary head. The swing motor/planetary in my 450 is about 83mm long... vertically, would that be above your cab?

I will try changing swing esc for a smoother swing than what I have currently. The gear slop of pinion & ring gear is a bit much too, but I can't get the pinion any closer... a bigger ring gear would need to be 3D printed for a tighter mesh.

I very much prefer the direct motor drive on the swing of my 850 vs the horizontal with bevel gears in this 450. I'm using a 2x12 Sabertooth esc & it's pretty smooth whether the 850 is level or steep angle... and the pinion/ring gear mesh is not overly tight either... it must be that Banebot esc in the 450 is just not right for this job... I'd try a 2x12 if I had a spare, but it's kind of a bulky dual esc for a model that don't have space to spare, nor a need for the 2nd esc.

Joe
Old 01-26-2015, 08:40 PM
Craftsman

Snochaser will become famous soon enoughSnochaser will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Kind of you to say Brian, Thanx.

Yes indeed Greg, I have made many repairs to old models the last couple weeks & still a few more oldies to do yet. Back to work? this JD hoe is brand new a kid brother to the 850. Maybe Sunday I'll have pics with the two side by side.

It's in the basement now Calum with no body, I've been doing some trials with the hammer... I don't think I have it tuned right as the hammer isn't working that good. I sent Premacon an email a few days ago with some questions, I'm waiting for a response.

But in the meantime, I start on the next Fumotec model, B45 ADT.

Joe, I plan on getting this exact model when money allows...truth be told, I was going to order the 490 and the 45 if my loader ever sold. I'll keep an eye on these two. I noticed you've already tweaked the heck out of the 490. Have fun.

Ben
R.I.P. FGD

Work Hard, Play Hard!
Never Forget- 343
Old 01-26-2015, 09:11 PM
BANNED

I'm looking forward to using that dump trk Ben, the dump box is just massive next to the wedico 740 box. I have gotten a bit more done on the 45 since pic taken, but waiting on goodies from Robot Marketplace to continue... it's been 3wks now since order was placed, hopefully not too much longer till it arrives in my mailbox.

Joe
Old 01-26-2015, 09:54 PM
Craftsman

Snochaser will become famous soon enoughSnochaser will become famous soon enough

Great! Hows the assembly? Did you have him paint it or did you? I'm eager to see it work. Everything I've seen of them is fantastic!
R.I.P. FGD

Work Hard, Play Hard!
Never Forget- 343
Old 01-26-2015, 10:05 PM
BANNED

I painted it. The assembly is going well. There's nothing for instructions to follow, I spend a lot of time looking at the above mentioned german forum at other ppl's build threads to see how some things go together, but a lot of it is the same as the 4206.

Joe