RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 02-02-2015, 08:03 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: LilGiantsConstrCO

Swing drive esc, I started with a Banebot 12v brushed esc, works great for Leimbach pump control & trks for/rev, but not good for 450 swing drive, too jerky.

So then I try today a Mtronics Viper Marine 15... it’s very smooth in trks & works great for Wedico pump control too... but here lies the mystery? Swinging right, esc works correct, very smooth & fine control. But swinging left activates track motors. Just move tx lever ever so little to swing left very slow & the track motors (both sides) go backwards at approx 1/3 speed. Swing full speed left & the track motors stop. I triple check all my wiring, radio settings, swing ch not mixed with any ch, I even changed AR9020 receivers, I can’t find any reason for this to happen.

Have anyone ever had two different brand esc’s work in sync before? Operating the Roxxy brushless esc's for tracks didn't affect the swing at all.

I put a Servonaut S20 esc in now for swing, everything works separately as it should.

Joe
Old 02-10-2015, 04:02 AM
BANNED

Working under the west porch again, this is where the south entrance of the tunnel will be, turn right to go north & upward. I need to cut the face of the wall (to the west) back 2 feet & I'll have to do that with the hand held air chisel... the model hydraulic jack hammer is just not up to the task, unfortunately.

http://youtu.be/kJ6DNIWRoRU

Joe
Old 02-12-2015, 01:52 PM
Wannabe

up9018 is on a distinguished road

Tunneling under your house? Now that is commitment to the hobby.

Did you dig that entire trench with your RC stuff?
Old 02-13-2015, 11:57 PM
BANNED

The 850 did a few winters ago...

I dug this out by hand with an air chisel last night, widened it to the left about 8 inches, dug back about 3 feet. It took about an hour. Might be a cube of dirt to process, some of it is dry enough for the crusher, some of it will need to be dump near the furnace to dry out 1st.

Joe
Old 02-17-2015, 04:20 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

Looks pretty good joe!! You got some nice diggin up there,,, inside,, warm,,, Now quit sending that Canadian cold air my way!!!!!
Old 02-17-2015, 09:21 PM
BANNED

Thanx RW.

Cold air not from me, it's pretty warm here on the westside... but to the north of you in eastern Canada, holy smokes are they getting hammered by ol' man winter!

Joe
Old 02-17-2015, 10:52 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Thanx RW.

Cold air not from me, it's pretty warm here on the westside... but to the north of you in eastern Canada, holy smokes are they getting hammered by ol' man winter!
Ol' man winter must be drunk and beating his dog!!!

I forgot I left the flat shovel out in my dirt pit before this cold hit, actually when I still was able to run the ex and dozer. I needed it and spent a good 15 min. Chipping the frozen ground I had it buried in !!! That dirt pile you have looks pretty good right now!!
Old 02-19-2015, 10:00 AM
BANNED

Yeah Coop, the dirt pile is shrinking pretty fast, as the weather here has been kinda nasty as of late, I haven't gone outside for 2 days.

This dirt is bone dry & a lot of it is crushing to powder instead of lumps, surprisingly it's not all that dusty.

Joe
Old 02-21-2015, 12:54 AM
BANNED

I got the 450 dialed in to where I'm comfortable using it now, still the 0,45 pump & the motor speed at 50%, no mixes on the valves, the pump runs at steady consistent speed.

http://youtu.be/jK5YVfWq9Zs

Joe
Old 03-14-2015, 03:02 PM
BANNED

I maxxed out my internet data mid of last month, so then my isp rolls back my speed to 256k which is useless to even navigate this forum, so... got busy working on the B50!

Joe
Old 03-14-2015, 03:16 PM
BANNED

It's been sunny warm here for 8 days straight, most of the snow gone & finally dry at the window opening yesterday, so I did few hauls with the B50. The box clears the window opening by just a few mm.

https://youtu.be/cFibtlNkflk

Joe
Old 03-14-2015, 04:01 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

So is the adt kit painted? And did you get everything less rx to make it run? These are my favorite and am thinking of getting one. Yours was from fumotec right? Nice change of weather too!!
Old 03-14-2015, 04:07 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

And you making the dump bed watertight? Lol!!! Looks good joe.
Old 03-14-2015, 04:12 PM
Green Horn

Trucker Al is on a distinguished road

Love your neat plumbing job and clean electrical wiring work... GREAT work...
Alan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-14-2015, 04:39 PM
BANNED

No, it's all raw steel, I painted it. And despite washing all the steel parts in the kitchen sink with dish soap & then using a metal etch primer, there's still some areas where the paint didn't stick. I think the primers today aren't the quality they were 10yrs ago.

What I have done with the chips in the past, spray from the rattle can into a plastic cup & then brush paint... looks good from a far.

I request from Fumotec to supply me with all the necessary servos & esc's, I have to mail order such things from somewhere anyway, so that's additional to the kit cost.

This clay dirt after I crush, screen, crush some more, it's like water by the time I haul it out & the fine dry dirt will dribble out any crack. Gotta get that tailgate sealed tight. That's masking tape that I used & then laminated it with glue, don't know how long it will last.

Thank you Al, it's quite a jungle in there for my big clumsy fingers.

Joe
Old 03-14-2015, 05:13 PM
Apprentice

liftmys10 is on a distinguished road

Hey Joe, the 450 and the B50 look great!! Looking forward to your reviews in the future.
Old 03-14-2015, 06:01 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Thanks joe, I would have to say that the adt's are my favorite piece of equipment. I've been wanting one for a while and the joy of seeing it being built is having to satisfy me as I spent my toy funds on machinery to build them. But this is one kit I'm saving for. Esc and electronic are no problem for me, the pump and drive motors are what I wanted to make sure were there, so thank you. Six motors in this puppy?

Yeah figured that dry clay becomes bratty fine for you to haul. Just wasn't sure you were trying something like this guy.
Old 03-14-2015, 07:41 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

bigford is an unknown quantity at this point

r.w. you find some of the strangest pics on the web!!!
Old 03-14-2015, 11:17 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Lol! Just givin joe a good laugh!! Any anyone else I guess

Joe, on the adt do you add a mix to slow down right side when hard right turn? I imagine most don't but your are pretty fluent in machine operations. Act as some what of a limited slip diff. ?
Old 03-14-2015, 11:55 PM
BANNED

Can't. All 6 esc's are wired together into one channel. At full throttle it will slide some, not so much at less than half throttle.

Your pic there, it has to be a work of photoshop, I can't imagine anyone brave enough to scoop slough water to bathe in.

Joe