RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-30-2022, 05:38 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road
Default Ford Custom Deluxe station wagon - 1950 Woody

A while ago work sent me to Florida to do a thing. One day i had some downtime so i ended up checking out this place:

About a block away from there, I found a neglected, beat up station wagon that was ridden hard, put away wet, and still full of sand. Suprisingly little rust though! You know the same old seller story: "Ran when parked", "Everything has been rebuild but somehow lost ALL the reciepts," and um "a little old lady owned the car that only went surfing on the weekends..." Ugh, suprised they didn't want to sell me some swamp land too.

Anyway, i sent the Rental truck to haul it back. (U-haul aluminum body Maxi-mover, Chevy squarebody has 1973-74 grill, Nylint made 1975 or after?)

It's a 1949-50 Ford Custom Deluxe wagon / Country Squire wagon. I'm leaning more toward 50 with the grille.

You can tell that, by the way that it is.

With the gas prices going up toward record levels, and the Last of the V8s, i figured it was time to move the Ford XB Falcon "MFP Pursuit Special" from the garage of shame over to long-term storage. Premium fuel is hard enough to justify, but she drinks N-n-n-nitro.

Besides building it ''a piece here, and a piece there" was going too slow anyway. (Donor car is Jada fast&furious / hyper-chargers)

For some reason those narrow old Bias-Ply tires to fit the Custom are now obsolete. I still can't find *anybody* that makes a good 1/14 scale 'car-sized' Steelie wheel. So a guy had to break down and get a little bigger meats, but i dug up some Nylint 1960s Poverty-caps to help tie it together. They say Ford, so you know it's Fac-tree.

Nothing too crazy planned. Back seat delete, little body work, some detailing, some patina work.
Just gonna ease down the road with a Flathead and 3-on the tree.

Last edited by frizzen; 03-17-2024 at 02:14 PM.