RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 08-03-2014, 09:56 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

BRICKNICK is on a distinguished road
Question can i get screwed here?

I'm trying to sell my tamiya 1:16 leopard flakpanzer gepard rc tank to a guy in ny. He wants to shed me a money order for the tank and the price of shipping once I get a shipping quote. Can I get beat here and how? Any ideas would be appreciated. I asked him to use PayPal since that is my prefered method to do these transactions but he said he's pretty computer illiterate and doesn't have a PayPal nor does he want one since he never bought anything offline like this before. What do you guys think. I need your help. Thanks .... Nick
Old 08-03-2014, 10:10 AM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of
Default Re: can i get screwed here?

You should be fine. Get a shipping quote add in you cost for the tank and wait for him to send the money order then cash in the money order. If it cash's the send him the tank. He just has to be willing to put forth the money before you ship.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 08-03-2014, 11:15 AM
CEO of bend over motors."WE DRIVE IT HOME!"

spudd has a spectacular aura aboutspudd has a spectacular aura about

I have done a lot of money orders in the past. Ask for a postal money order. They seam to be the more accepted form to cash at a bank then most

I have never had a problem with any money orders I have taken other then cashing them. Bank or Wal-Mart or like kind sometimes require a 7 to 14 day wait to clear I have never had to wait on a post office money order as our bank say they are the safest.
I will not take a out of country one though

RIP FREDDYGEARDRIVE
Old 08-03-2014, 12:51 PM
Journeyman

Radio Control Trucker is on a distinguished road
Arrow Re: can i get screwed here?

I agree with the afore mentioned posts. You should always get the money first, then send the item once you are happy with the transaction.

As a buyer, you send the money first, but should always keep your receipts for proof of sending the money and having made the funds (in check/money order/etc.) available to the seller. You need to keep these for your own personal record for about 3-years so no one can ever come back and claim you didn't pay for an item or made only a "partial payment". It's just good book-keeping and always helps if there's ever a question.

Hope this helps you out, Nick.

- RCT

"Keep the Shiny-side Up, the Dirty-side Down & Keep 'er to the Line."
Old 08-03-2014, 07:34 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

BRICKNICK is on a distinguished road

Thank you fellas I knew I could count on you guys to fill me in on the common practices. I just kept thinking of that Nigerian check cashing scam. But thanks for the info fellas...Nick
Old 08-04-2014, 01:28 AM

BiLLy bOb is on a distinguished road

im with spudd here, my personal preference is a postal MO. I have 2 bad western union money orders over the years. as long as the mo is good, your safe. i know his feelings though, i got took by paypal/fleebay years ago.