RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 01-06-2014, 04:17 PM
Green Horn

Mikeo78 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Lowboy Rebuild

Very cool! Nice job looks sweet black!
Old 01-06-2014, 04:51 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
thanks and don't worry I always post lots of pics.. lol

thanks

lol Reg product number 1029 http://www.gardentrucking.com/produc...esort=1&max=10
kinda pricey but are deff cool and actually work well. Right now I have my excavator chained to the low boy and I was able to hold the lowboy upside down with no worries or movement in load. next I wanna order the ratchets for the flatbed (ALSO UNDERGOING A OVERHAUL)

You must be talkin bout these Aaron Very pricey for us guys up north! I bought 4 of them back when the Canadian dollar was at par with US. now I wish I would have bought more

Old 01-06-2014, 05:30 PM

22fatcat is on a distinguished road

Hey I think that is the trailer that I started and never finished and sold it to Neil in Texas. Good to see it getting used and it looks good by the way
Old 01-06-2014, 07:10 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

looks like someone has a new hobby store close by

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-07-2014, 12:10 AM

bigmudbronco is on a distinguished road

That looks killer!
Old 01-07-2014, 12:36 AM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeo78 View Post
Very cool! Nice job looks sweet black!
Thank you! Its still a work in progress, going to redo the neck and make it powered and add more lights but have detatchable conectors at the neck like the real ones do with the lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
You must be talkin bout these Aaron Very pricey for us guys up north! I bought 4 of them back when the Canadian dollar was at par with US. now I wish I would have bought more
Yep those are the ones. But remember Mario or any Canadians... I live 10 mins from good ole Rick so I can get parts for you too. but I guess the conversion still works out to be the same, unless theres parts trading involved
but im thinking of trying to make my own first.. your pics helped me out with that!! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22fatcat View Post
Hey I think that is the trailer that I started and never finished and sold it to Neil in Texas. Good to see it getting used and it looks good by the way
mmm maybe? Im trying to remember who I bought it from. But they were on the board! And yes I use it the most of all my trailers it has hauled Nate's loader at indy before he sold it, has hauled excavators, trucks, boxes all kinds of stuff. I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
looks like someone has a new hobby store close by
Yep but I have yet to get over there.... I just happen to win the sticker set from *** last year and finally got around to using them. Although a trip to the good hobby store is in order....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmudbronco View Post
That looks killer!
Thank you! Eventually it'll go behind the day cab im building but it has always looked good behind the orange truck in my opinion..

Thanks for looking!
Old 01-07-2014, 11:04 AM

wes454 is on a distinguished road

if u don't mind me asking is it a custom build or is there some where to buy this trailer?
Old 01-07-2014, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes454 View Post
if u don't mind me asking is it a custom build or is there some where to buy this trailer?
This one is a complete custom build.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:21 AM

JeanPierreBussio is on a distinguished road

I love these builds. I like the drop neck gooseneck trailer. Where can I buy one of these?
Old 01-28-2014, 05:49 PM

Mjr woodie460 is on a distinguished road

Nicely done . I am close to the start of building my first lowboy . Been busy with work and home life just haven't had the time
Old 01-28-2014, 06:16 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Bo Wallen is on a distinguished road

That's a good looking rig/project you got there.
I'm working on the lowboy myself and I got a little wondering going.......The fifth wheel is so far back on your truck, My truck will not steer at all when it got full load (15LBS), so I flipped it around an got more weight on the front wheels. How is your rig steering ?
Thanks
Bo
Old 01-28-2014, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanPierreBussio View Post
I love these builds. I like the drop neck gooseneck trailer. Where can I buy one of these?
PMD sells one but its pricey. mine is scratch built

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjr woodie460 View Post
Nicely done . I am close to the start of building my first lowboy . Been busy with work and home life just haven't had the time
Thank you! I hear the busy part! I get spurts where I get 3 nights to work on them then a month of nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Wallen View Post
That's a good looking rig/project you got there.
I'm working on the lowboy myself and I got a little wondering going.......The fifth wheel is so far back on your truck, My truck will not steer at all when it got full load (15LBS), so I flipped it around an got more weight on the front wheels. How is your rig steering ?
Thanks
Bo
Thank you!
It steers ok I may slide it up a notch or two as it is pretty far back. but I have a lot of weight up front to help it out. the front bumper is solid, tanks, rack, breathers, MFU, battery and I have a ounce of lead up front. front end is lowered 2/10" and rear suspension has stiffer springs. even with my fully loaded dump trailer I can usually steer just fine. BUT I have very little ground clearance up front on the truck with no load. my Blue dump I need to lift the front still as full of weight and being so close to the front axle I have NO wheel well clearance and the fronts bind up when I turn or it just pushes straight in dirt. eventually it'll get a driven front axle to help put with the pushing. but running a day cab, cab over full loaded with weight 2" behind the axle the front gets most of it. may just try different front setup, air bag with stiff springs

Tags
lowboy, trailer