RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Euro Style Trucks and Trailers

Euro Style Trucks and Trailers A place for the Euro style trucks single and twin axle trucks and trailers...

Old 11-11-2012, 06:13 PM

Cammo is on a distinguished road
Post My R620 with Semi Tipper!

Hi all,

Well after a couple of weekends work I have managed to build and nearly finish my semi tipper. It is basically all aluminium made, a little bit of brass silver soldered and a tamiya doner trailer.

This is my first real build, have made a couple of dollys before, and built my trucks but this is the first scratch build I have attempted. I have a TIG to do aluminium but not so confident with it at the moment on this thin material so it is all mechanically fixed, with some brass silver soldered for the a couple of items like the door andpiviots. it has fully slef contained, with a 7.2v running the motor, driving at 80RPM, I have wired in such a way to have have a charging port on the tipper and it can be either manually operated by flicking the switch, or for remote use I have connected the servo to the switch that can then be plugged into the remote.

See the video below, it first shows some action, then goes on to show the working of my trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syoxV5SVbOc

I have since seen some much better designs for the tipper mechanisim, being the thread thru some rod to act as a ram, may have to start another one an use this design instead.

Hope you all like myvideo and what I am making, you are all really inspiring builders and would love some feedback, good or bad to help me improve what I am doing. Like my video if you do!

I hope to one day become a real builder like the rest of you!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Australian Heavy Haulage
"Keep on Truckin"
Old 11-11-2012, 06:30 PM

Cammo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My R620 with Semi Tipper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkey View Post
Tipper looks great mate! really nice build on it
Thanks Sharkey, much appreciated. Glad you like it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Australian Heavy Haulage
"Keep on Truckin"

Tags
build, built, semi, tipper, trailer