RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 09-27-2013, 04:06 PM

Altered RC is on a distinguished road
Default New guy on the chopping block

i would like to thank everyone that allowed me to be a part of this forum. this is my first forum i have ever joined, and it was only after my friends talked me into it. got my first Semi kit from Tamiya, the King Hauler, and decided to build something that most folks have never seen before. most ppl have liked it soo far, some have not. which is okay, it wasn't their money that bought it. soo please, tell me what you think of it. have extended the frame rails to 30 inches, front to back, channeled the cab and sleeper down over the frame rails almost an inch, lowered the front suspension 3/4 of an inch, "Z" ed the rear frame rails, moved the mirrors forward, moved the wiper mounts to the top of the windshield, will be molding in the sun visor, and painting it body color, moved the fenders up, moved the air cleaners up, cut the air cleaners down about a quarter of an inch, cut the seat bases down, removed the side vent windows on the doors, mounted an axial single speed trans in the sleeper portion, and i am still not done yet. thinking of a burnt copper color....soo please, good or bad, lemme know what you think.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1377989_644340235596514_1724297293_n.jpg (60.1 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg 553164_644340212263183_446709358_n.jpg (55.5 KB, 71 views)
Old 09-27-2013, 04:58 PM
Apprentice

cabs is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New guy on the chopping block

Different, I gotta think this one for a while. Just my opinion but I would chop the top a little
Old 09-27-2013, 05:01 PM
Apprentice

Finster is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forum. Looks good to me so far, not exactly my 'cup-of-tea' as they say but definitely different. As long as you enjoy doing it and like it, don't worry about what others think.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:31 PM
Journeyman

Radio Control Trucker is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: New guy on the chopping block

Looking good so far. It looks like you need to lower the roof about 1/4", other than that we'll have to wait. It will look better as you get more finished.

Do what you want and have fun.

- RCT

"Keep the Shiny-side Up, the Dirty-side Down & Keep 'er to the Line."
Old 09-27-2013, 08:15 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Altered....the same Altered from Scale 4x4, who was working on a Ford F-350 4 door cab? Welcome to the forum. Your truck is definitely different. Personally, I'd rather the truck had a little more hood above the front fenders, and like the others stated, maybe a chop to the cab. Although a coat of flat black, with some whitewall tires might give it a perfect rat rod look. I'll keep an eye on the updates for this project.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:27 PM

umm, not sure who you are talking about there, on scale4x4, but it is not me. this is my first forum joining, ever. but i do thank you tho.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:14 PM
Journeyman

woodhog is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forum Truck looks good cant wait for more pics. Glad to see another member in our area.
Old 09-28-2013, 12:27 AM

thank you!!! i was at the Jackson show last year, but did not have a rig at that time.
Old 09-28-2013, 01:21 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

1985 kenworth is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: New guy on the chopping block

welcome to the forum..i agree this is definetly a different kind of build ,however having said that ,this is an open forum for all to bring their ideas to life .i like the fact that you go your own way .my opinion is this truck is not the usual run of the mill truck,which makes it very interesting...so in the words of our fellow truckers from the past ..".keep on truckin".i am interested in the colours and the other details you will be adding to this build .be sure to post updates,i will watching this cool build
Old 09-28-2013, 11:32 AM
Green Horn

grumpygrady is on a distinguished road

looking good I would angle front of cab down to fit shorter windshield but it is not mine
and I di like what you have done so far , what are you going to power it with and what else is coming
please post more
Old 09-28-2013, 12:28 PM

it has a single speed transmission in it. i am thinking about either a sensored brushless system, or something like a 27 turn, or maybe a 35 turn brushed motor. i am also looking for the Tamiya Box trailer, i would like to build a custom trailer for it, that somewhat matches the truck.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:55 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altered RC View Post
umm, not sure who you are talking about there, on scale4x4, but it is not me. this is my first forum joining, ever. but i do thank you tho.
My mistake! The Altered I am thinking of must be a different guy. He's actually from Florida, if I remember rightly. Can't be you! But no matter, glad to have you here.

Tags
custom, king hauler, lowboy