RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > Get it out of your system! HERE!

Get it out of your system! HERE! You have a gripe,bone to pick, Tamiya vs Wedico or just have to let it out! THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE TO DO IT!

Old 05-30-2015, 11:17 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Criticizing peoples builds

I'm really glad you started this discussion Dwayne but what I'm hearing also concerns me.
When people don't feel comfortable sharing their work with others that's bad for the hobby and bad for the forum. Never feel intimidated by a master of the hobby. It is their talents that elevate the hobby and inspire the rest of us to join in the fun. I accept the fact I don't have the talent to do what they do but enjoy doing the best that I can and be happy with the end results.
When I started getting into the construction equipment I was reluctant to share because of all the other guys who have way better stuff than me but realized although I don't have the best equipment or most detailed , what I do have I love and very proud of what I've managed to create over the last few years.

Long story short, please, I encourage everyone who has a build they want to share, Do it ! Don't let the critics or better builds stop you! The moment we stop sharing , everything we have here will slowly disappear
Old 05-30-2015, 11:57 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
I'm really glad you started this discussion Dwayne but what I'm hearing also concerns me.
When people don't feel comfortable sharing their work with others that's bad for the hobby and bad for the forum. Never feel intimidated by a master of the hobby. It is their talents that elevate the hobby and inspire the rest of us to join in the fun. I accept the fact I don't have the talent to do what they do but enjoy doing the best that I can and be happy with the end results.
When I started getting into the construction equipment I was reluctant to share because of all the other guys who have way better stuff than me but realized although I don't have the best equipment or most detailed , what I do have I love and very proud of what I've managed to create over the last few years.

Long story short, please, I encourage everyone who has a build they want to share, Do it ! Don't let the critics or better builds stop you! The moment we stop sharing , everything we have here will slowly disappear

Well said Mario!
Old 05-31-2015, 12:38 AM

Joe25 is on a distinguished road

If I can add my $0.02...
I've only been into the r/c thing for maybe 8-9 months, I've yet to be able to start my first build due to some family stuff. But it's this forum that got me interested. The builds on here are exceptional and the creativity simply astounds me.

My only experience in the "modeling world" is with aviation models I built them to escape, and I got to where I quit posting stuff because it always got picked apart... I was maybe 16 at the time so I quit building regularly...

I agree rivet counters have a place, but I agree with '85 no need to rip someone else's work.
Old 05-31-2015, 10:28 AM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

No offense to anyone posting here . I think you all take it to seriously (spelling ? ) what ppl say about your builds or someone else's . Who gives a F*** what some nitpickin duch thinks , they're the 1's makin an azz out of them selves . A hobby is for your own personal enjoyment , If someone feels the need to pick it apart , well that's what the 3rd finger is for use it

warning :
it's me birthday and puter acting like chit so, feeling especially diabolical today

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-31-2015, 12:21 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
No offense to anyone posting here . I think you all take it to seriously (spelling ? ) what ppl say about your builds or someone else's . Who gives a F*** what some nitpickin duch thinks , they're the 1's makin an azz out of them selves . A hobby is for your own personal enjoyment , If someone feels the need to pick it apart , well that's what the 3rd finger is for use it

warning :
it's me birthday and puter acting like chit so, feeling especially diabolical today
Hahaha! SO TRUE!!!!! Everyone has their own expectations for their builds and right or wrong someone always feels they have the authority to judge the level of quality. Some build to play, some build to have beautiful shelf queens and some build a combination of the two. At the end of the day if you are building to the best of your ability and YOU are proud of it that's all that matters! Like Exclusive said, none of us were born knowing how to do this and we have all learned through our own trials and those of others. Some people have more of a knack for details than others but who cares. It's a HOBBY and is supposed to be fun! If other people don't like what/how you build then ignore them and keep posting pictures because the rest of us "non A holes" like to look at them!
Old 05-31-2015, 12:47 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

1985 kenworth is on a distinguished road

i totally agree with all of you but the point i am making is i normally let things slide but when i have somebody criticizing my build not only on one forum but on another that doesn't bother me like i said i am not petty like that, because i have always built what i like to build and really i don't give a #2 what anybody thinks because i am the one paying for it and at the end of the day its mine . but yet i look at theirs and may i add they have some simple inconsistencies with theirs that is nowhere near what the true one is but yet they claim to be a serious detailed builder and even copied something that i did because they did not know what to do and had the nerve to ask me on another forum then do it and tell others they came up with the idea ..lol too funny..like i said i am not here to compete with anybody ,but i am sure anyone of you guys or gals if someone was picking something apart that you built and they tried to build the same thing that was inconsisitent with the true build but i am pretty sure you would say something about it its been going on 3 years and this goof still picks at it .this goof i know is probably reading this right now and laughing to himself but it doesn't matter anymore because the very next time this idiot says anything about it again i will call his azz out on it