RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Euro Style Trucks and Trailers

Euro Style Trucks and Trailers A place for the Euro style trucks single and twin axle trucks and trailers...

Old 03-17-2014, 05:05 PM

Adrian is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tamiya mercedes with Leimbach crane

Realised I haven't posted an update for a while.

Made a flat body out of a mixture of aluminium c section and brass. The wood has been darkeneed with pigment wood stain to be a darker colour.

I also replaced the front wheels with ones from Seitz Modelbau in Germany which have a nice centre cap that hides the big wheel nut.

The trailer coupling on the back of the truck is from Veroma and controlled my a micro servo. You may also just be able to make out the I.R transmitter in the rear cross memeber which will control the trailer lights wirelessly.

In a couple of pics below you can see the (work in progress) drawbar trailer chassis. It's taking me a while but eventually there will be a flat bed trailer to match the truck that I can drag around. You will also spot my attempt at pallet forks on the back of the truck in couple of pics. After a lot of practice I can use them to pick up pallets and other objects and load them onto the truck.... It's a lot quicker and easier with the Robbe forklift though!

For reference, below is the spec of the truck in its current state. It's pretty much completed, however my trucks are never really finished- there are always a few tweets to make.

Tamiya axles and suspension - seitz wheels on the front, tamiya wheels on the back with Verkerk centre caps and carson Fulda Cross force tyres. The motor is a servonaut geared motor, so the truck has a single fixed gear ratio. Which is fine for driving round my my garden or on road layouts at shows etc.

Servonaut SMT sound unit, M20+ speed controller / light controller. Also a servonaut Air4 infra red wireless trailer light unit
Pistenking beacons and Phil Oakes fog lights on the front.

Spektrum radio. I use a DX8i transmitter, with a 6 channel reciever to control the truck and an 8 channel reciever to control the crane simply I have them set up as 2 different models on the transmitter and simply switch between 'truck' and 'crane' to operate different functions.

The crane is made by Leimbach, supplied by The Gearbox Doctor in Germany. It used a mini hydraulic pump, which is designed to look like a fuel tank on the side of the truck chassis.

Finally the driver figures are from Verkerk.

Think that covers the main detail, if you need to know anything specific just give me a shout.

Plans from here are to finish the Trailer and then build some more loads / objects that I can load onto the back and move around.

cheers,

Adrian
Old 05-06-2014, 11:48 AM

anthonymcc is on a distinguished road

Cool build. Great looking workers.
Old 05-06-2014, 02:13 PM
Journeyman

sparkycuda is on a distinguished road

Some really fine craftsmanship there - in all the trucks. Very nice job on something we see only a little of in the states. Great job!

Ken
Old 05-06-2014, 02:41 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

egronvold is on a distinguished road

A very nice truck. Nice to see how you fitted all the gear in such limited space.

Construction site on Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pictures on Instagram:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:27 PM

Animal is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Tamiya mercedes with Leimbach crane

Great truck, really like your color choice. Detail looks flawless. Definitely one to be proud of.
Old 05-07-2014, 11:37 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Stuff is on a distinguished road

looks great! like the dolly to lol
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
Old 05-08-2014, 02:42 AM

RCKiwi is on a distinguished road

It's a credit to you mate.....looks superb.

And top marks for rounding out the build with a quick refresh for what gear you've used for the build.

Excellent!
Old 05-12-2014, 05:04 PM

Adrian is on a distinguished road

Thanks fellas,

Really appreciate the kind comments,

I'm slowly working on the trailer to go behind it, hopefully I can make some progress on it over the next few weeks.