RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Vehicles Picture Gallery > 1:1 Your Semi's,Trucks and Equipment

1:1 Your Semi's,Trucks and Equipment Here is a spot to share your 1:1 that you drive and or operate.

Old 08-17-2011, 03:21 PM

Ultrashort is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Big Block's Return

Its getting better and better.......
Old 08-17-2011, 05:10 PM
Dozer Builder

td9clyde will become famous soon enoughtd9clyde will become famous soon enough

for a chevy it is built better than stock good lookin work i been there done that on a 56 ford oooops theres a cus word lol ... all b.s. aside does look good keep it up
Old 08-18-2011, 08:00 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamweaver View Post
Can't believe I am saying this about a Chevy... Looks great... Tell Tristin I said Nice job...

~Mike~
Thanks Much Mike..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brel View Post
outstanding work on the truck,
Thanks Brel it is great to see input from acrossed the pond..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrashort View Post
Its getting better and better.......
Thanks Much..

Quote:
Originally Posted by td9clyde View Post
for a chevy it is built better than stock good lookin work i been there done that on a 56 ford oooops theres a cus word lol ... all b.s. aside does look good keep it up
LOL Thanks Clyde it has been a long project we have got a bunch done this week it is going back together so Ill get some new picks up soon..

HI.. My name is Paul.. And.. I.. Have a Cabover Addiction.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11 "LET IT EAT"
Like Us on Facebook "Corn Field Mafia"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:47 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Stuff is on a distinguished road

wow @ the progress!! so much done and done right!

please put a decent exhaust on though. would be a shame to throw a stock setup on it!
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:09 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuff View Post
wow @ the progress!! so much done and done right!

please put a decent exhaust on though. would be a shame to throw a stock setup on it!

There already is it has the squar port headman headers on it then we cleaned the headers up so the inlet on the header matched the big square port heads then it has 3 1/2 ID pipe that is all factory bent piece kit that I tiged together then a set of 40 series and maga phones stopped about center under the box.

Old 08-19-2011, 11:24 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Ok lots done this week.. BOX IS ON.. Took some work to get it fit right but here it is..

Also got the drip rails on and polished.

New battery tray 3m rocker pannel sprayed and then black to match under the hood.

Striped a used headliner and put new Jute on it to match the rest of the Int.

Also got the fenders and visor picked up last night so today i got the visor ready to go on the truck. I blacked out the new light covers with VHT coating..

So at 6am I am going to go pick up the doors and new windshield and as soon as I get home the windshield is going in and so is the rest of the Int and seat then doors and fenders so moving along now..

Thanks for looking comments welcome..

Old 08-19-2011, 11:40 PM
Wannabe

RCTech9 is on a distinguished road

The truck looks great!!!
Old 08-20-2011, 01:30 PM
Wannabe

Brel is on a distinguished road

the red paint job looks way too cool for that truck your going to have to paint it black LOL
way to go nice work so far
Old 08-20-2011, 03:23 PM

Manfred is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Big Block's Return

Paul,

he looks great. I'm in 3 weeks in Atlanta. Then i take the car with me.

Manfred
Old 08-21-2011, 08:12 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCTech9 View Post
The truck looks great!!!
Thanks Much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brel View Post
the red paint job looks way too cool for that truck your going to have to paint it black LOL
way to go nice work so far
Thanks Much Brel.. Red is my Fav color so Ill have to keep it this way for now..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manfred View Post
Paul,

he looks great. I'm in 3 weeks in Atlanta. Then i take the car with me.

Manfred
Thanks Manfred.. You can take it with you bring cash and its yours..

Ok got tons done this weekend with very little sleep I could of have it almost done if I would not of have a wedding to go to and family around but it was really great having family home and getting to see them so it is a catch 22..

So new windshield and gasket went in Sat morning. What a fight it put up these new style gaskets are a bear to work with..

Also picked up the fenders and doors

So with that said we installed them very carefully and what would you know not one bumped edge or mark chip nothing!!

kid putting the inner fender bolts all 8 of them chevy did not want the fender to come off..

Next we installed the new inner wheel wells I had them inside and out sprayed with bedliner along with the engin compartment side of the fenders gives it a great look and seals things up nice and cuts down on noise..
Drivers side.

Same thing passenger side only thing different is the battery tray and the over flow tank.

Also used 3M rubberized under coat and used one can per door on the insides of the door using the spatter tube to make it nice and thick. I was able to get the hole inside of the door using the many holes in the door..

Then we pushed it up side and installed the door latches and cleaned a few things up as well as the shop..

Also you can see in this pick that we got the visor on also today..

Thats it for now more to come this week..

Old 08-21-2011, 08:24 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Stuff is on a distinguished road

wow insane!!
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
Old 08-21-2011, 09:54 PM
Craftsman

Snochaser will become famous soon enoughSnochaser will become famous soon enough

Man that looks great Paul!!! I love that body style, we have a 84' 1-ton 4x4 "grass truck" at work, I'm itching to get my hands on when it goes up for sale. What wheels and tires are you planning on?

Keep it up.
Ben
Old 08-21-2011, 11:25 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuff View Post
wow insane!!
Thanks Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snochaser View Post
Man that looks great Paul!!! I love that body style, we have a 84' 1-ton 4x4 "grass truck" at work, I'm itching to get my hands on when it goes up for sale. What wheels and tires are you planning on?

Keep it up.
Ben
Ben thanks much for the comment.. It had 35x15.50 r15 on it but I could not get ahold of them do to the plant burning down so we are going with 38x13.50?x r15 BFG KM2's

Old 08-27-2011, 10:35 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Well been going like Mad on the truck this week we are down to the things that don't look like much but take a lot of time to do.. I did get lax on the picks as i was in the grove and just plain old forgot..

I took the headlights and side markers and front parking lights since they were old and not looking the best I took the chrome rings off them and polished them and then used VHT night shades to smoke them..

Also got the chrome on the front and all the lights mounted also the lower stone guard too and here is how it looks still have to finish the grill tomorrow..

Then worked on some more wiring under the hood and new heater hoses clamps, battery cables and battery too..

Fuel pump relay.

Also got the seat back from the carpet cleaner and it looks like new keep in mind this seat came out of the same 85 chevy that all the int trim work came from..

Them got the headliner and A and B pillar and the front and back trim in and the seat..

Also I had to take to gas filler necks and make one cause the truck is a 76 and the box is a 85 and the fuel tanks and the fuel neck are different so I took the 85 filler neck and cut the end of the 76 filler neck off and welded them together and that worked perfectly. Ill get a pick of that tomorrow too..

I am working on the rest of the trim parts but the door panels so all the int trim work will be done tomorrow as well as the hood mounted too and have to do the tail light wiring too then just little stuff till it is just right again..

Thanks For looking..

Old 08-28-2011, 10:02 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

SmallHaul will become famous soon enoughSmallHaul will become famous soon enough

Shaping up nice Paul! Very nice detail work.

"No load is too Small"
Old 09-04-2011, 12:37 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallHaul View Post
Shaping up nice Paul! Very nice detail work.
Thanks much Scott..

Well the old rig is pretty much done but a few minor things but Ill get yall up to speed on the project. I have forgot to get picks of a few things but Ill just have to explain them instead.

Ok so first off finished up the grill and front.. Got the grill redone and all the smoked lights installed..

Before.

After..Smoked headlights and side markers and blinkers with new painted grill and chevy badge to match the color of the truck.

Here is the old fender badge I cleaned it all up and polished it witch was a major pain then repainted the black and changed the yellow to the same red as the truck.

On the truck.

Ok so got the windows and all the new track felt installed I took the wing windows and replaced the rubber gaskets MAJOR PAIN and repainted all the black parts all of this I did not get picks of the steps as i was just trying to get done it was no fun.

Next we striped the old door panels we bought and I took the fabric panels in the house and cleaned them with carpet cleaner and them we sanded down the old sun beaten panels and re-textured them to match the dash and recolored the panels and arm rests and door pouch.
Before..

Afters.. We are waiting on the new alum strips for the door panels.

So today we up sea-foam in the motor and ran it about 40 miles and them brought it back and changed the oil and put in Royal Purple and greased the hole chassis and up on the front bumper and the new wheels and tires and this is were she sits now.

So we still have some odds and ends left. Carpet and a Bed cover/CB whips and some Int. trim parts. Then some new LED lights for the front and rear bumpers and cut and buff it and it will be a wrap so there will be some mini updates down the line.

Thanks Much

Old 09-04-2011, 12:41 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Default Re: Big Block's Return-6 months later pretty much done.

2 more picks she has came a long way..

Old 09-04-2011, 02:19 AM
Weaver Of Dreams

Dreamweaver will become famous soon enough

Looks Sweet Paul.. Good job Tristin..

~Mike~
Old 09-04-2011, 08:24 AM
I'd rather be truckin'

Brian in PA will become famous soon enoughBrian in PA will become famous soon enough

It came out real nice Paul. Is the hood staying black?

Brian
Old 09-04-2011, 08:30 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamweaver View Post
Looks Sweet Paul.. Good job Tristin..

~Mike~
Thanks Much Mike..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian in PA View Post
It came out real nice Paul. Is the hood staying black?

Brian
Hood will stay black alll the black stuff is painted with the same black and it will match the bed cover too but will be replaced with a new metal cowl hood next summer the is a minor bend in it on the drivers side so this one will go on my buddys pulling truck..