RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 07-06-2018, 06:36 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

egronvold is on a distinguished road
Default Re: LilGiantsConstrCo

Just waiting for some videos now You got yourself a haul-beast

Construction site on Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pictures on Instagram:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-07-2018, 11:56 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

You betcha Emil, banged out about 20 loads yesterday... now I got a couple hrs of trimming to do with the dozer, did the east side of shop just before dark last night, it was crazy hot here yesterday, 35C, do the west this morning before the heat returns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuHLKHgAgB4

Joe
Old 07-08-2018, 10:35 PM
BANNED

Smoothed out west side Saturday morning

Used the B50 & pup to fill in the holes along the walls

Tonight I weighed out my cross dump train, the 1st try with plywood platform was doubled up & screwed together 3/8... not strong enough

Screwed a 3rd layer of 3/8... weight of platform is 38lbs

Loaded weight 219lbs (-38lbs)

Empty weight 137lbs (-38lbs)

Joe
Old 07-08-2018, 10:54 PM
Apprentice

liftmys10 is on a distinguished road

Wow 82lbs of dirt!!! And the tractor with both trailers weigh 99lbs empty.
Are both trailers powered at the wheels?

Last edited by liftmys10; 07-08-2018 at 10:57 PM.
Old 07-09-2018, 01:29 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by liftmys10 View Post
Wow 82lbs of dirt!!! And the tractor with both trailers weigh 99lbs empty.
Are both trailers powered at the wheels?
Yes, brushed motor at each wheel, 12wd.

Joe
Old 07-09-2018, 07:41 PM
Green Horn

Zabco is on a distinguished road

Watching your video I was wondering with all wheels being powered and as long as the combination is, do you have any kind of problem with the wheels on the last trailer when making a sharp turn as the radius is so much shorter than the other axles?
Old 07-10-2018, 02:24 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabco View Post
Watching your video I was wondering with all wheels being powered and as long as the combination is, do you have any kind of problem with the wheels on the last trailer when making a sharp turn as the radius is so much shorter than the other axles?
Last post on previous page shows a couple pics of the uni-directional needle roller clutches I installed in the hubs of last trl. A sharp turn, like near end of vid, last trl is on rudder ch, all the way right reverses motors so they will not engage - free roll. Lead trl is on throttle ch (I prefer to drive with my right thumb on elevator ch), I have to pull back on left stick a bit to keep from pushing rear of tractor sideways.

Whenever I turn at about 45 degree or less, it's at half speed, the motors aren't working at full power they tend to behave like an open differential to some extent & usually no added tx stick movement necessary. Both trl chs on Slave are mixed with tractor being Master.

Joe
Old 07-10-2018, 02:38 PM
BANNED

Nearly finishing the 1st bench cut; I knew it was too high @17" with about a 2:1 slope, the hoe was 3" from the edge but it was always sinking a little as I reached out to fill the trls. Dozer time, new bench about 6" high will make loading much easier & SAFER! It'll be three more bench cuts to get down to the hardpan.

Got a nice blast rain this morning @8am, 2/10's in about 10 minutes, a welcome cool down after four days of 35C... I forgot to put down my eave extension last night ... got some dump trk hauling to do to fix the road

Joe
Old 07-10-2018, 06:08 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road

Wow, that cross dump is a beast!

Glad to see you've got some time to play again
Old 07-13-2018, 01:24 PM
BANNED

Thanx frizzen, it has been an enjoyable couple of weeks in the shop, cross dumps have been working awesome, I like my redesign of the hopper doors on the 2nd trl, I think I will zip disc the doors off the 1st trl & make the same... after summer hauling.

Joe
Old 07-14-2018, 08:04 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

bigford is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey joe estimated time till job completion
Old 07-14-2018, 11:51 AM
Craftsman

Rvjimd is on a distinguished road

Can't believe how smooth and flat you get the benches! More dozer videos please!

Jim
Old 07-14-2018, 08:05 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvjimd View Post
Can't believe how smooth and flat you get the benches! More dozer videos please!

Jim
I agree jim, some blade skills,,

nice pics joe and the sorting sure makes for some nice material. hopefully before too long I get my screening project up and running. you don't get too much rock up there do ya, that crusher you have is that primarily used to break hard clumps?
Old 07-23-2018, 07:44 PM
BANNED

Ah moving out the stock pile Mark? Try to get it all out before the white stuff comes again... I finished clearing that lil bench today, it's been so incredibly hot here last 2 wks with a few rainy days too, spend early mornings doing odd jobs on the farm, hide in the shop during the heat of the day & some nights an hr before dark hauling out or blading... get it done in moderation, don't wanna be too fast at it

Thanx Jim dirt is quite dry & grainy, easy to blade smooth compared to the rocky/lumpy dirt you tangle with in your videos... make yourself a screener & crusher like me & then you'll have nice dirt to work with too. That lil dirt pile took about an hr to smooth out, you'd probably be the only one patient enough to watch it all.

For sure Cooper, the screening & crushing activities add to the enjoyment value in keeping the equipment moving, Not a lot of rock?... I guess that depends on what you consider a lot of rock... in my soil I have everything from garden pea size/sand to watermelons.... not far from home I have some fields with rocks the size of Datsuns, when they get to sticking out of the ground too much, I then get the local TLB to either fish them out & skid 'em to the nearest rockpile or if they're too big to handle the op will dig a deeper hole to roll the rock into to get it a few feet below the surface, I likely won't see it again in my lifetime.

Everything from hardball & smaller rock goes thru the crusher, anything else larger gets hand picked & hauled away in my Ranger.

What's left for fines

Some rainy days in the last week, crushed some dirt lumps & rock

Got a big pile to put the thru crusher before winter

Joe
Old 07-23-2018, 08:34 PM
Craftsman

Ya, I would call that a big pile!

Jim
Old 07-24-2018, 04:42 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

egronvold is on a distinguished road

I'm glad to see there's a possibility for more videos coming on Youtube

Construction site on Facebook:

Pictures on Instagram:
Old 07-24-2018, 08:57 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road

Looks almost finished. Time to start hauling it all back inside again. Once it's filled in again, then you can dig er out again!
Old 08-16-2018, 05:01 PM
BANNED

Skeeter, the back of shop is my holding area from winter digging, got get it empty so I can dig some more... finally nearing the end of the dirt piled up from the tunnel dig a few yrs ago (about 28 cubes)... finish the tunnel this winter, cutting in the steps & get back to digging the basement floor.

A lot of hot days in the last couple weeks, last week in the 40's... the dirt lump pile just about gone

East & west sides of shop are pretty to close to finished; now dumping on the north side, build up a sharp taper to the edge of trees.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXWs4jy6mzo

Joe
Old 08-16-2018, 05:37 PM
Craftsman

Joe,

You probably already answered these questions, but is your crusher just a typical jaw crusher and are you running dry dirt thru it? Any trouble with clay sticking to the jaws? How do you have it set? Pretty close? Looks close from the fines you make.

40! That is hot even me, a Fahrenheit guy, thinks that is hot! The only few I have memorized is 0-32, and 28-82 so 40 is HOT!

Jim
Old 08-30-2018, 12:28 PM
Craftsman

modelman is on a distinguished road

Nice work Joe-enjoying the videos as always.