RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Vehicles Picture Gallery > 1:1 Your Semi's,Trucks and Equipment

1:1 Your Semi's,Trucks and Equipment Here is a spot to share your 1:1 that you drive and or operate.

Old 05-07-2011, 07:58 PM

Wheelen Madd is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Big Block's Return

Thanks much Guys for all the comments.. The truck is a lot of fun to work on and finally Dad let me work on it lol...We have a lot of parts coming this week for it I want to have it done for some truck shows this year but Dad thinks I am dreaming but you have to have a goal to shoot for. Thanks Much Mike for the comment and Cory you are a NUT.. Back out to the shop..
Old 05-10-2011, 01:44 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about

Well I sent the boy in town last night to pick up something from a good friend of mine. I told him take the truck and bring back what was there and here is what he found..

The LMC GOD'S have smiled on the over haul project.. NEW fenders and cab corners and inner also new inner fender wells all new window track seal and door gaskets and new gas doors and parts and new complete door hinges and complete door bolt kits NOW we can get at it..

Also the hood is in final prime and ready to be sealed in in the paint booth it go's and the bumpers are at the sand blaster so lots got done yesterday and we are planing to have the box in the paint booth in a week..

Also my youngest boy Joey decided he needed his own over haul project to work on with Dad so he brought this wagon I made years ago for my oldest son and it has been in a barn for at least 10+ years and he want to redo it so it also will be the same colors as the big truck when done..

HI.. My name is Paul.. And.. I.. Have a Cabover Addiction.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11 "LET IT EAT"
Like Us on Facebook "Corn Field Mafia"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:06 PM
Green Horn

grumpygrady is on a distinguished road

that wagon looks like it needs a 3 1/2 hp motor on it for the boy to ride around in the parades
Old 05-11-2011, 10:33 PM

mtdriver is on a distinguished road

Hope your LMC parts work out better than mine. I redid my S10 a few years back. Most of the sheetmetal didnt fit and needed lots of reworking, window tracks and seals wouldn't hold the window, and my chrome bumper, handles, and trim are rusting after only 2 years.

Your project is definitely looking awesone though!
Old 05-12-2011, 05:35 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpygrady View Post
that wagon looks like it needs a 3 1/2 hp motor on it for the boy to ride around in the parades
LOL yeah that would be funny.. I think it will just get redone then be the new welder cart for the hobart..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdriver View Post
Hope your LMC parts work out better than mine. I redid my S10 a few years back. Most of the sheet metal didn't fit and needed lots of reworking, window tracks and seals wouldn't hold the window, and my chrome bumper, handles, and trim are rusting after only 2 years.

Your project is definitely looking awesome though!
Thanks Much MTdriver.. One thing I learned when I managed a body shop. Is no after market body panels are perfect and I redid a 89 S10 back in 95 and the fenders had fitment issues but just took some monkeying around to get them to fit good. Body gaps you have to work on to get them a solid 1/4 inch sometimes grind on the fender and door and other times weld on the edge to build it back up it just takes a little time.. Now I have used fenders and box sides from LMC and GM on this year of truck before and the LMC fenders fit just as good as the GM ones I had no issues and the gaskets I am not sure but judging by the looks of them next to my old ones should be good there but only time will tell..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-15-2011, 09:30 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Well got stuck working Sat this weekend but that is a good thing I have been down the road with no work so I am not bitching.. But the kid got a bunch done with out me but I chipped in late Sat night and today some. He got the hole in side of the box wire brushed with the grinder..

And that made one **** of a mess in the shop but looked good after.

Then he got it POR'ed and I seamed sealed it this morning.

Before He POR'ed the inside of the box we washed all the floors down in the shop and cleaned it all up nice as I cant work in a mess and after that my youngest son Joe wanted to work on his project but we broke out the dewalt dustless sander for that..

Joe also traded to the local lawnmower shop his 2 bigger rear tires for 2 matching the steer tires..He is dead set on redoing the old wagon..

Also I was able to get the passenger side of the box all sanded down and and damage filled and in high build primer.

Got the tailgate in the shop today and got the the latch working perfect it is very smooth and easy to pull Since it had a a GMC chrome center piece it was bolted in with 4-3/8 bolts I had the boy weld them shut top and bottom so now the tail gate is ready to be sanded down and body work and primed..

And before I got home last night I was able to get in the paint booth and spray the hood for the truck. I mixed up the same semi flat black as the 69 cuda and sprayed it..

BEFORE

And AFTER..

The hood came out good one spot I dont like no one eles sees it but me but the kid did real good for his first body work and I did not work on it much for him..

Old 05-15-2011, 09:58 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

The truck is coming along nicely and I am glad Joe has found a project to work on as well. It is good to see you and the boys spending time together.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 05-19-2011, 10:36 AM
Green Horn

CrimsonCorsair is on a distinguished road

What is POR?

Old 05-19-2011, 08:17 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

It is a rust proof primer that you can put over rust and it will stop it from rusting it all..

http://www.por15.com/POR-15/productinfo/1GB/

Old 05-26-2011, 09:36 PM
The Man The Myth The Ledgen RUSS OF DA LOUD!

russisloud is on a distinguished road

kool guys, looks like your getting there

Old 05-30-2011, 10:53 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Thumbs up Re: Big Block's Return

Quote:
Originally Posted by russisloud View Post
kool guys, looks like your getting there

Thanks Much Russ it has been a fun project to work on with the boys.. We have been working on it I just have not had time to get picks up but today we were able to block the high build down on the box and it was really pretty straight all in all but I did high build the box and tailgate one more time I hope it can go to paint at the end of the week of first part of next.

Here are some picks after we were done blocking i forgot to get some of it primed again you could tell after I re-primed it how nice and straight it was looks great..

You can tell in the picks that were my son is re-etching then the high spots are very few and far most were just sanding threw the body line.

And here is the pick of the new tires and center caps on the truck that I forgot about a few posts back.

Enjoy comments welcome..

Old 05-31-2011, 09:04 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

It's always great to see the accomplishments of father & sons' teamwork projects, good on you Paul for teaching your boys the right way to live & learn life lessons.

Joe
Old 06-19-2011, 10:01 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
It's always great to see the accomplishments of father & sons' teamwork projects, good on you Paul for teaching your boys the right way to live & learn life lessons.

Thanks Much Joe for the great comment.. It is funny he did not see it that way at first when he had to drop 1100 on new tires but as we have worked on it and I have put into it his mind has changed. I have noticed that he is picking up extra hours at work so he can buy parts and things he wants for the truck..

Old 06-19-2011, 10:16 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Well all life has gotten in the way of my fun lately.. I have been blessed with tons of work for my business and life at home has been crazy. My wife had some surgery to fix what a issue that we have been trying to figure out what has been make her sick over a week ago and it has been a tuff road the last 10 days but she is on the up side..

The boys and I have been working a little on the truck but took sometime this weekend for Fathers day as that is what i wanted to work on and here is what has been going on since the last update many weeks ago.

There really was no picks I could put up for the constant blocking of the box but here is the last pick before it went to the paint booth.

So it went to the shop on Thursday and it came home today.. NOW mind you it has yet to be cut and buffed.

In the shop under HO lights.

I will set the gas doors and tailgate later this week I am waiting on some more hardware.

Also 2 weeks ago we got the bumpers back. Now we only mounted the rear as it will not be in the way of anything but the front will have to wait. FOr some reason the sunlight made it look funny I thin in the pick but it is the same Black as the wheels.

But one pretty big set back today. I was hoping to get the new fenders and doors hung this weekend but we found a hidden surprise under some patch work today.

Just seeing how far i need to go.

So I have new inner and outer rockers and full passenger and driver side floors coming I have the inner and outer rocker already in the shop so lots of new sheet metal this week when time and other projects allow time..

Thanks for looking..

Old 06-20-2011, 01:28 AM
Journeyman

MACK Daddy is an unknown quantity at this point

Great looking Updates Paul

That Chevy Is coming along NICELY !!!

Alfy
Old 06-20-2011, 08:47 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Thanks Much Alfy.. There should be a big box of sheet metal for the boy to start playing with by Wed this week..

Old 06-20-2011, 10:20 PM
Backyard enginier

Izzy will become famous soon enoughIzzy will become famous soon enough

Paul - just read through all this - pretty major project - the elbow grease is paying as it looks fabulous. Pat the boys on the back for us. Also real glad the mississippi is getting well - 'if momma ain't happy ain't nobody happy'

Izzy
Old 06-20-2011, 10:26 PM
I'd rather be truckin'

Brian in PA will become famous soon enoughBrian in PA will become famous soon enough

Looks good Paul!

Brian
Old 06-21-2011, 06:20 AM
Wannabe

Snowman is on a distinguished road

It's gonna look great in red, even if that hasn't been buffed etc yet, it still pops!
SHame about the tin worm hiding in the floor, but it looks like you got that covered, can't wait to see the finished article.

My Peterbilt build thread:
Old 06-21-2011, 06:53 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
Paul - just read through all this - pretty major project - the elbow grease is paying as it looks fabulous. Pat the boys on the back for us. Also real glad the mississippi is getting well - 'if momma ain't happy ain't nobody happy'

Izzy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian in PA View Post
Looks good Paul!

Brian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
It's gonna look great in red, even if that hasn't been buffed etc yet, it still pops!
Shame about the tin worm hiding in the floor, but it looks like you got that covered, can't wait to see the finished article.
Thanks for the great comments guys.. I am trying to keep up with Brian's resto ability not sure that is possible if you dont know what i am talking about just ask him . Chris you are very right too but she is bouncing back just taking longer than they said. Snowman I should of know better as everything the guy did before I redid it 15 years ago was hacked that he was hiding some major crap..