RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction General Discussion

Construction General Discussion General questions

Old 05-01-2020, 03:25 PM

shwarzeehd is on a distinguished road
Default Asking for information

hello I'm really new to all this construction side of rc but I have really started to get into it and being watching YouTube videos of 1/14 scale I'm wondering has anyone built a trommel and if so would they be able to give me some designs as wanting to try build one I currently don't own any machinery like excavator dumpers bulldozers semi trucks ect I'm wanting to get some so bad but they are very very expensive im 25 and live in the UK is there anywhere I can get cheapish stuff
Old 05-01-2020, 08:36 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Asking for information

There are several really amazing Trommel builds around here, or if you can get by with lower tech you can make sets of Grizzly Bars. They don't have all the cool moving stuff, and without making a conveyer your loader is going to be busy transfering material to the next one, but it classifies materal.

Cheap and Construction don't usually go together very well, but there are a few ways around that. For small equipment it's worth checking out some Bruder rc conversions, modifying pressed steel toys. If you get in with a local group, sometimes people are upgrading to a better machine and let their old one go much cheaper than new.

If you've got interest and tooling capibility, making Cable operated machines can be cheaper than Hydraulic ones. Although there's a different learning curve to running them.

What are you wanting to start with?
Old 05-03-2020, 12:59 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shwarzeehd View Post
hello I'm really new to all this construction side of rc but I have really started to get into it and being watching YouTube videos of 1/14 scale I'm wondering has anyone built a trommel and if so would they be able to give me some designs as wanting to try build one I currently don't own any machinery like excavator dumpers bulldozers semi trucks ect I'm wanting to get some so bad but they are very very expensive im 25 and live in the UK is there anywhere I can get cheapish stuff
You may find some RC trucking & construction videos to keep you entertained on this channel. A fellow club member built a trommel, there's video of it on the channel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IAMKGGuOxc&t=49s
Old 05-06-2020, 04:36 PM

pedrcri is on a distinguished road

I am currently making one with 3d printed parts. I will be posting it soon once it is done but you can also check out my instagram as there are progress pictures.

https://www.instagram.com/sandbox_time_rc/
Old 05-25-2020, 07:40 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road

I wish you good luck with the 3D printed trommel. A fellow PNWSTE club member tried one, & had a lot of troubles with getting it to function properly.