RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Big Boys of the road 4x4/6x6/8x8/10x10 Trucks

Big Boys of the road 4x4/6x6/8x8/10x10 Trucks This forum is for those multiple axle trucks and other vehicles on and off road.

Old 11-12-2019, 01:23 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 6x6 Kenworth Day Cab (King Hauler)

Nice looking truck, and those 3d printed parts and trailers really add a lot to it!
Old 11-12-2019, 06:06 AM

NRS91 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Wallen View Post
The front axle does not move up very much, and if you put the servo up to the gearbox, I think it will work fine.
Ok thanks, I will have a look! The 3D printed springs I have are quite flexy so will test!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frizzen View Post
Nice looking truck, and those 3d printed parts and trailers really add a lot to it!
Thanks! Its fun to design stuff without real world consequences to worry about!
Old 11-19-2019, 07:23 PM

So after the discussion on here and on facebook with Bo I decided I needed to move the track rod but I didnt want to move the servo from the factory mounts.

An hour or two on CAD with the vernier calipers and TLT1 swivel in hand and I ended up with this:

Which after some fettling (2 revisions) has left me with this:

Much Better!

Being a person who can't leave stuff alone even when it works I decided to revamp the transfer box and give it a new sleeker appearance and reduce wasted material:

Combined with the new 20t 48DP 5mm bore pinion from America (via Hong Kong) I now have a smooth turning transfer box.

With all this coming together nicely I managed to take the truck for its first test trundle for my birthday last friday though I didn't get a chance to use it with the trailer as my girlfriend was hogging the controls
Unfortunately my chain box for the battery didnt work out as planned but the base gave a good platform to secure my batteries and ESC to, version 4 is on the printer as I speak... this time the print-in-place hinged lid has been abandoned.
Old 11-19-2019, 09:51 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Bo Wallen is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: 6x6 Kenworth Day Cab (King Hauler)

Congratulations to a well-done makeover. Never give up just change gear and give it more gas.
Old 11-21-2019, 06:09 PM

So another little update:

I was trying to make a Chain Box with a print in place hinged lid but I wasnt able to get it working after 4 long attempts so I decided a change of tack was in order.
The "Chain" box now has a fixed base to secure the battery onto and a hole to run the ESC deans connector through.

This keeps the main battery leads all tucked under the cab floor neatly where they cant be seen

To get the ESC out of harms way but hidden under the bonnet I made a tray to carry it under the motor between the chassis rails, this picks up off two standard Globeliner bolt holes.

The shift servo was mounted above the standard servo mount to gain axle clearance and reduce the height difference between it and the raised transmission. The receiver will be double sided taped to the top of the steering servo which will keep it all neatly under the bonnet!

The finished result of the chain locker battery box, doesnt look too out of place and keeps the batt accessible. I will need to reprint the base as its warped a little!