RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 11-13-2017, 01:38 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Skeeters contracting services

Tonight, after dinner, I went back into the garage to tinker again. I made a lil more progress on the logtruck conversion. I removed the drivers side fuel tank, & the passenger side steps. The passenger tank with it's steps will move ahead to be the cab steps. The drivers side exhaust was removed, & won't be back again. I also got the hole for the back window cut away.

unnamed (53) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

unnamed (52) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr
Old 11-14-2017, 12:51 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

It was a cold wet rainy day here today. No work for me today, so I ran some errands. I have to acquire a coupler for the 3D printer feed tube, as well as some new feed tubing. After I ran to several shops, & FINALLY found a place that sold them, I went to the garage. I didn't have much time to tinker tonight. I did manage to get the cab for the log truck worked on a bit more. I'm still awaiting the couple pics I took to finish uploading. Soon as they get did, I'll post up a couple pics
Old 11-14-2017, 01:07 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Here's the pic of the cab with the holes filled in. The putty I used Squadron Products, I've never used before. I hope it works well. I figured if it works for them fly boys & their aerodynamic plane bodies, it should work good enough for my truck body.

unnamed (54) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

unnamed (55) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

Last edited by skeeter; 11-14-2017 at 01:08 AM. Reason: typo
Old 11-15-2017, 06:52 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

It arrived me today, the NewBright tractor, & trailer that is
unnamed (56) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr
It's been placed on the shelf of projects awaiting my attention. Sometime this winter I'll get er did.

No work today fir me. A friend of mine talked me into going to Tacoma RC Raceway http://www.tacomarc.com today. I took the Traxxas slash as it's 1/10th scale short course truck type of track. I HATED how it performed. The Team associated buggies were WAY faster then we were. SO..................I just had to do it, as if I needed ANOTHER project, I just couldn't help myself.
unnamed (57) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr
Old 11-15-2017, 06:56 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

NOT my video, but it does give one a good sense of what kind of fun can be had here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcKczUGFiGU
Old 11-15-2017, 07:07 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Another vid clip, again NOT mine. It's at the same track
Tacoma RC Raceway's 2wd Mod A-main from 7/1/2012
The winners BOTH driving Team Associated trucks in the race.
1st Luke Smith - Team Associated
2nd John Walentia - Team Associated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtXFxhJ-15s
Old 11-15-2017, 09:13 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road

Squadron putty is supposed to be pretty good and stable.

'turbo' tractor? Body looks nice. Am i seeing 3-point arms on the back of it? The hay wagon looks decent too.

Heh, you're reminding me why my stuff doesn't race. Rock crawl comps were expensive enough. Get a great setup, then they change the rules...
Old 11-15-2017, 09:24 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I'm glad to know it's good stuff.

Yes sir, turbo tractor WITH a 3 point hitch. Both tractor & wagon are in decent shape.

No competition racing will be done. It'll just be something that'll keep up with what my friend, & new friends are runnin at the track. I found a group of coworkers that go to the track in the wintertime while work is slow. They go every Monday & Wednesday after work. If no work, then they meet at the track at 10ish.
Old 11-15-2017, 09:27 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

It costs 10 dollars fir an hour, or 15 for the day. They provide power outlets for the chargers, a nice pit area with tables & chairs & a vast array of spare parts for purchase.
Old 11-18-2017, 01:28 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tonight, after work I made some progress on the Weyerheauser log truck conversion. I painted the green parts of the 2 tone body. Green on the back of the cab over the patch where the sleeper was hacked off, & green on the hood, just like the 1:1 I use to drive. It was an old Weyerheauser truck when the bossman acquired it.

I taped off the lines, then packed the entire cab assembly into a plastic shopping bag to keep over spray off the unwanted areas. I have a bit of touch up work to do to make everything right. This was the first time I tried tape lines.

unnamed (58) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

unnamed (59) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

unnamed (60) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

unnamed (61) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

Last edited by skeeter; 11-18-2017 at 01:32 AM.
Old 11-19-2017, 01:11 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tonight, after dinner, I went to the garage to do a bit of work. Remember a while back I used the 3D printer to make a case for the Sabertooth 2X12 controller? Well today I got around to using that case. I had to modify it a bit to make it work for me. I wanted a protective case for the Sabertooth. This case was set up to be a direct bolt on unit. Since I DON'T wish to take the front loader apart further, I will be just resting this case inside the body of the machine. That said, I had to modify it a bit. rather then re-CAD this thing, I used my Dremel tool, & what Bo Wallen calls a "FAST TOOL". I needed to make openings for the wires to pass through the walls. Tomorrow, I'll go to the LHS & acquire the wire & connectors for the battery so I can get them installed. Here's a couple of pics of the Polish ingenuity I did to make the case work.

unnamed (62) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

unnamed (63) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

unnamed (64) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr
Old 11-19-2017, 04:21 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Today i messed with the front end loader a bit more. I found I had to modify the hood a bit so that it would close with the Sabertooth 2X5 being tucked into the engine compartment. I also found that with the CUSTOM boom cylinder mounts that I used, I'll have to modify the bucket a bit. Rather then 3D print &/or mod the stock plastic bucket, I'll be attempting to make one from sheet aluminum.

Here's the pic showing the mod to the hood. I used the Dremel tool with the "FAST TOOL" to do the mods. I just had to shave a little from the hoods underside.
unnamed (65) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

I was able to test (SORRY I didn't have the opportunity to video it) this thing today, & everything works. The Traxxas 1/16 Slash battery is a little small for this operation. 4 drive motors, with 3 actuators needs more then the 1200MAH battery can provide. Additionally, EVERYTHING in this model is equipped to handle at least 12 volts. More volts = more power Once my batteries FINALLY get here on the SLOW boat from China, I'll be building a 12V 1800MAH battery pack for this thing.

Last edited by skeeter; 11-19-2017 at 04:25 PM. Reason: typos, of course
Old 11-19-2017, 04:29 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I still have to figure out how to program the "MIX" setting on the Spektrum DX6i radio. With the current mix settings, the bucket will tip forward, to dump, as the boom s trying to raise. I messed with it a bit, unsuccessfully. Perhaps I'll take the model, & radio to the LHS tomorrow. I know the guys in there know how to set them thingies.
Old 11-20-2017, 01:07 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

WELL.........I wen tback into the garage tonight, & messed with the dip switches on the Sabertooth 2X5. Turns out the problem WASN'T in the radio mix(es), but a switch was set wrong. It functions now as it should.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:01 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

No work today, so I monkeyed around a bit in the Garage. I got started on the Bruder Skidsteer conversion. I figured I'd start with the hardest part, making the bucket functional. After scratching my head most all day, staring at that d@m thing, & a few different ideas later, I got something that worked. Since it's servo operated, I hooked it up to the servo tester, & turned it on in the "AUTOMATIC" mode. I works fairly well, WIHTOUT weight in it. I don't yet know how well it'll work with weight in the bucket.

20171120_1617451 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr
Old 11-20-2017, 08:03 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

HOPEFULLY you guys see a video /\ up there! It doesn't look right to me, but I remember struggling last time I tried posting a video here, using Flicker.

Last edited by skeeter; 11-21-2017 at 10:38 AM. Reason: typo
Old 11-21-2017, 11:11 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Here's a few still pics of how managed to get the bucket servo mounted to the skidsteer last night

unnamed (67) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

unnamed (68) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

HOPEFULLY it shows what, where, & how much was cut/trimmed to make this work. This set up isn't my idea, I'm fairly sure I seen this on one of SmallHaul's conversions.

Last edited by skeeter; 11-21-2017 at 11:16 PM.
Old 11-22-2017, 01:14 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Made a lil more progress on the Bruder skidsteer conversion today.

The wheels proved to be a challenge! I COULDN'T using only 1 adapter get them to work. I wound up using spacers that I had paying around the shop. I cut the axle & placed it back in it's hole in the wheel. I used this as a guide for the centering to drill the holes. Each wheel will be held on by 4 bolts, just like the 574 front end loader I just did.
unnamed (66) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

Here it is all cut away & ready for servo's to bolt into it.
unnamed (69) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr
Those sidewalls look a lil thin for plastic. I think I'd better beef that up a bit with some metal!
unnamed (70) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr
I'm not sure yet if I'll paint the aluminum, or leave it unpainted.
Old 11-22-2017, 03:26 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road

That looks like it's coming along real well
Old 11-22-2017, 04:15 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Yes sir, thanks to the pioneers before me that have done these, & posted pics/vids, it's moving along nicely. I REALLY wanted to use FULL size servo's in it, but they WON'T fit right. If I used the larger servo's, I would have had to cut the mounting brackets completely off one side, the side where they meet in the middle of the tires. I was thinking that the large servo's might could be a touch faster then the micro servo's I'm using. I know I was slightly disappointed with the speeds of the Bruder D5 conversion.

I've decided to leave the Aluminum unpainted. My lil custom addition to this build.

A pic of everything mocked up. I just need to get them installed into this thang.
unnamed (71) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

Last edited by skeeter; 11-22-2017 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Forgott to add photo URL