RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > Freddygeardrive you are remembered. > FreddyGearDrive

Old 12-20-2011, 08:16 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of
Unhappy Our forum and hobby has suffered a great loss!!

I received a call today from Freddy's wife Sheila, she called to tell me Freddy passed away yesterday. I must tell you my heart sank and I just did not know what to think. I have now had a little time to think about it and I am realizing that my phone will never ring and say Freddygearedrive again and be able to answer it and hear his voice. Most of you know I was real close to Freddy and we talked on the phone most every day so I am feeling at a great loss right now.

RIP Freddygeardrive a truly great friend.
Our prayers go out to Sheila and the rest of Freddie's family.
Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 12-20-2011, 08:19 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Our forum and hobby has suffered a great loss!!

Well I really suck at this and it is even harder when it is a great friend that I even called "Dad" cause he always talked to me like I was a kid about my business and my life.The man gave me great advise not only in the hobby but dealing with lack of business during the down turn and what to do about it and when I was pissed about something and how to handle it.The countless phone calls between me and Travis and Freddy setting up the new board and all the conversions on what to do after the garden closed and how he stuck his neck out and his wallet to get this board to the great thing it is, it is a truly a great gift he left for us to keep his name going and let none of us forget this. This man was and is a truly amazing person and with him gone it is a huge hole in is left in my life. I like Travis will really miss the weekly ball buster phone call it really did pick you up if you were down to know when you see "Freddygeardrive" on your phone that you were in for it LOL.

I am not sure were really to go from here or how to put it into any more words then this. It has been a truly hard day and my family's thoughts and prayers go out to Sheila and Freddie's children and the rest of Freddie's family.

"LET IT EAT"

RIP Freddy Dad Geardrive I will miss you greatly!

Paul W.

HI.. My name is Paul.. And.. I.. Have a Cabover Addiction.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11 "LET IT EAT"
Like Us on Facebook "Corn Field Mafia"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:23 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

I'm at a loss for words too. I had no idea Freddy even had any health issues that would have lead up to this. Was it a sudden thing? It feels just like yesterday he was building all kind of models and posting about them. Everything was business as usual. I'm going to miss his personality and builds here. He was a one of a kind guy, nice enough to put forth the effort and funds to give us a place to hang out. Rest in peace, Fred. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. God Bless.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:24 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Without a doubt, Freddy was the kindess, generous, caring fellow one could ever meet in this lifetime & with a little New York attitude mixed in, quite a comical gent to converse with too. He was an original thinker & very clever at making tough situations simple. He was truly a one of kind that I was looking forward to meeting in person one day soon.

God Bless You Freddy, you were fine gentleman that I'll forever have the misfortune of never meeting in person.

Joe
Old 12-20-2011, 08:26 PM
Journeyman

MACK Daddy is an unknown quantity at this point

I am still at a loss on this news...It was a shot out of nowhere....My condoloences to sheila and the rest of his family.....They broke the mold with freddy and he will surely be missed

The RC community lost a huge contributor to this hobby and will without a doubt will feel his loss for years to come

His loud,crass and obnoxious humor is what made up freddy and it's exactly what you liked about him....

FGD A True RC Pioneer

R.I.P Freddy

Missing Ya Already

Alfy
Old 12-20-2011, 08:27 PM
Green Horn

CrimsonCorsair is on a distinguished road

I am new to the forum, and yet Freddy had already sent me several messages with advice. FGD you are missed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 12-20-2011, 08:28 PM
I'm tryin Boss!

Stylin n profilin has a spectacular aura aboutStylin n profilin has a spectacular aura aboutStylin n profilin has a spectacular aura about

Our hearts and prayers go out to Sheila and family...FGD will be so missed...He was known and loved by many...He could bust balls with the best of them and make you laugh when you really needed it..God bless Freddy RIP!

One Bus Stop Short Of The Short Bus...
Old 12-20-2011, 08:34 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

I'm lost for words Other then " RIP FREDDYGEARDRIVE " He was and still is , in spirt , a great guy I never got to meet . My prayers go out to his wife and familly .

Old 12-20-2011, 08:41 PM
I'd rather be truckin'

Brian in PA will become famous soon enoughBrian in PA will become famous soon enough

He will be sadly missed by all of us here. He was a great person and did a great thing by starting this forum for us to call "home" when the garden shut down. his legacy in the hobby will live on here.

RIP Freddy
Old 12-20-2011, 08:48 PM
Craftsman

Diesel Demond is on a distinguished road

I am honored to own one of his master peice trailers he built. This hobby took a major loss!

Flat bedders do it with chains and straps,but now im yanking 53's
Old 12-20-2011, 08:51 PM
Craftsman

modelman is on a distinguished road

I didn't know freddy or ever talk to him but I knew his heart was into building great models and promoting the hobby. He will surely be missed and we all should realize we only have today and should embrace what we have. RIP FGD
Old 12-20-2011, 09:19 PM
HillBilly Home Boyeee. WAZZZUP!

gun is on a distinguished road

the times i talked to freddy on the phone he always made me feel like he knew me all my life. i had talked with freddy about a truck build and some of the things we talked about he said wow if we dont do it on your truck do you mind if i do it on one of mine and looking back it was something he prolly done 100 times before and just let me think i had a good idea on my own. i guess im trying to say he made me feel like one of the kids and i only wish i could have got to know him like alot of you did ! life is short so tell some one how much they mean to you as you may not get a second chance ! rip freddy your family will be in our prayers
Old 12-20-2011, 09:25 PM
CEO of bend over motors."WE DRIVE IT HOME!"

spudd has a spectacular aura aboutspudd has a spectacular aura about

Freddy was a great friend and a true gentleman
We talked almost everyday and talked alot about his friends he made on here
It's sad we won't have Freddy around to keep us on our toes and give his brand of advice

You will be missed my friend and may god bless you!!!!!! I love you brother

RIP FREDDYGEARDRIVE
Old 12-20-2011, 09:35 PM
Super Moderator

tc1cat is on a distinguished road

Wow!! What a shock! My thought and prayers go out to Freddy's family. RIP Freddy.
Old 12-20-2011, 09:40 PM
Apprentice

trucker n is on a distinguished road

wow im in shock freddy was a pioneer in rc construction thoughts and prayers to his family rip freddy
Old 12-20-2011, 09:48 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

Here is a link to Freddy's obituary for anybody who wants the info.

http://niagara-gazette.com/obituarie...-J-Scherrer-Jr

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 12-20-2011, 09:54 PM
Super Moderator

Stepside will become famous soon enough

FGD will be greatly missed. His ingenuity and innovations have moved the hobby of scale trucking leagues ahead of where it was just a few years ago.

He will always be remembered.

Old 12-20-2011, 10:00 PM
Backyard enginier

Izzy will become famous soon enoughIzzy will become famous soon enough

A pioneer, a Mentor, a craftsman, a friend, and a ball breaker. Always a constructive sincere comment on our builds. Always someone to boost our confidence when it's low. He put smiles on our faces and made our bellies hurt from a laugh - even brought tears to my eyes a time or two.

And so the tears come again - we mourne our loss but we also wish him safe passage.

Positive warm thoughts to his beloved family for peace and comfort......

Izzy
Old 12-20-2011, 10:07 PM
The Man The Myth The Ledgen RUSS OF DA LOUD!

russisloud is on a distinguished road

my prayers go out to his family

Old 12-20-2011, 10:24 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough

Wow, 52, way too young. I just turned 49 yesterday and it makes you think. I never met Freddy but have exchanged messages a time or two. He entertained me with his builds and never ceased to amaze me by producing things at lighting speed with basic tools and a lot of know how.