RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Equipment Tech

Construction Equipment Tech Hydraulics, Electronics, General Engineering, ect in constr equip

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2016, 11:56 AM

gmmiller06 is on a distinguished road
Default 4200XL hydraulic issues

Hey everyone. I am having some trouble with the hydraulics on my excavator. It started acting up and I was pretty sure it was a faulty servo giving bad feedback. I figured it was the 2nd servo that is set to the ele channel because it only seemed to act up if I moved that function. So, I swapped the tower pro servo out for that channel with a hitec 5645mg.

I must note that first I was thinking that it was the servo that controls the valve(4th servo) because it was the only one I could see moving(before I figured out how to use the display setting on the tx). I removed the 4th servo first and replaced it with the hitec. That didn't solve my issue so then I realized it was the 2nd servo on the block that controls the function that was acting up and that I should have replaced that one. So after swapping the servos back out and putting the Hitec on channel 2(ele) and putting the original back on the valve(4th servo) my problems are worse. Now, it's almost as if the valve isn't working properly to let enough fluid get to the rams. None of the hydraulic functions work properly or at all. It will move very slowly if I push on the arms and hold the function in that direction. I have checked radio settings and all seem to be correct. I am going to drain the system and refill with fresh oil and see if that helps any but if that doesn't work I'm not sure what to do. Any Help is appreciated!