RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 04-28-2019, 03:39 PM
Green Horn

bigdogrod is on a distinguished road
Default most realistic radio operation for semi?

question... is it possible to use the full travel of the throttle, but then flip a switch and the throttle becomes full travel brake/ reverse/

here's the scenario:

i'm using a frsky qx7 with beier esc/ sound module, on tamiya semi. i can set it up so that it has gear changes. so to start: trans in 1st, throttle 0.. run throttle to 100% and have simulated 3 gear changes, flip the transmission to 2nd gear, throttle back to 0, and repeat... same with 3rd transmission gear.

for braking, i'd like to flip a switch, so that i can use the full throttle throw to slow down, and ideally have jake brake sounds

this may be just too complicated..
Old 04-28-2019, 06:16 PM
Green Horn

Wombii is on a distinguished road
Default Re: most realistic radio operation for semi?

I think switching the function of one stick axis between throttle and brake would allow for some unpleasant accidents depending on where the stick is when you switch. It might be safer to use up/down on the stick for throttle and pull left on the same stick for brake. Seems like that would be possible by programming 0-100 of the throttle input to control throttle output channel 50-100 and brake input channel 0-50 to control throttle output channel 0-50. Maybe add a special mix function to limit throttle output channel to 50-100 unless throttle input channel is 0, so you can't brake unless throttle is at the bottom.

I don't think you can set up the hardware to be spring-loaded from the bottom instead of center though?

Last edited by Wombii; 04-28-2019 at 06:20 PM.