RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Equipment Tech

Construction Equipment Tech Hydraulics, Electronics, General Engineering, ect in constr equip

Old 04-04-2011, 08:24 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Hyd Pump - What did I just buy?

I can get a shaft seal for them , but the specs are for low speed not to mention $$$ . when you dish out leave the area at the shaft in so it goes against the pump housing at the shaft . I was going to do what you did just have the motor stacked on top of the pump using a timing belt and gears/pulley much like verio's setup . I just have my rotary setup for hubs and don't want to take the jig off till the cnc mill is running . I def. got a bad sevo amp now just to get 1 or 2 , 1 for the 4th axis

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:44 PM
Green Horn

Heavy Metal is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hyd Pump - What did I just buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
when you dish out leave the area at the shaft in so it goes against the pump housing at the shaft. I was going to do what you did just have the motor stacked on top of the pump using a timing belt and gears/pulley much like verio's setup.
Actually, Steve that's pretty much what I did...there is only room for two shim washers and the o-ring...that way I add/remove washers to compress/decompress the o-ring. Seems to have worked.

I thought about the vario setup but this was fastest for now...and I didn't have the right belts and pulleys on hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
I just have my rotary setup for hubs and don't want to take the jig off till the cnc mill is running . I def. got a bad sevo amp now just to get 1 or 2 , 1 for the 4th axis
Good luck on the mill. If I get a winner on the plate I'll cut one out for you to play with....anything to keep my wheel order moving up the queue. LOL. But no laughing at my tolerances...now that I am making a few precision parts instead of cosmetic I can't believe all the backlash in the little Taig. Some can be tightened and some compensated for in Mach3...just need to stop milling for an hour or two and do the maintenance.

Joe