RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 01-16-2014, 03:41 AM

Altered RC is on a distinguished road
Default update on the Tamiya King Hauler custom Semi

long overdue update on this monster. still working on it, for maybe the next few days, and then it is off to its' new owner. took me a while to build this rig, i just built the mud flaps and steps for the tanks tonight. have done soo much work to this truck, it has almost overwhelmed my mind. the list to date has been updated: tanks have been moved forward, driveshaft filled and finished, upper door lines removed, sun visor molded into the top of the cab, rear sleeper panel filled in with scale diamond plate, and metal tabs attached to the backside to eliminate the sliding latch mechanism. the inside of the sleeper opening has been lined with 1/2 in styrene tube, and magnets mounted inside those tubes. 27 of them, to be exact. wanted to make sure the sleeper panel would stay put once the sliders were removed. diamond plate was also added to the outside sleeper panels, between the two parting lines. diamond plate panels were also made for the top of the rear frame section, right behind the sleeper. and a rearmost panel made for between the fifth wheel and the rear bumper. the inside sleeper floor was also finished, since it is in two sections now to fit the trans in place. mounting the electronics in it here in the next day or so. Tamiya 27t silver can motor, and a Traxxas XL-5 speed control. has had a JR steering servo in it for some time now. almost forgot this, the linkage for the fifth wheel hitch is done, too. it has been flipped over, and mounted in between the frame rails, and the diamond plate panel hides it nicely. the rear bumper is done, too. narrowed an inch on each side, and finished with styrene strips to help further strengthen it. have some very minor things to finish up, and it will be off in the next few days. i will hopefully have pics of it once he paints it, and puts it together for the final time. also finished the air filters, too. lower 1/2 inch was removed from them, and i made panels to cover the open end out of diamond plate.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo1122.jpg (83.9 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg Photo1125.jpg (87.0 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg Photo1132.jpg (84.0 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg Photo1134.jpg (83.3 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg Photo1135.jpg (82.7 KB, 48 views)

Tags
custom, king hauler, tamiya