RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 10-14-2011, 10:49 PM
Craftsman

modelman is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hauling Dirt out of my basement (present day)

I really like that last picture also joe!! I don't know how you get any farming done with this many toys to run and this much dirt to move
Old 10-16-2011, 02:50 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Thanx suivinson.

Moderation Tom. There's always things to do on the farm, but gotta have a lil fun at the end of the day too.

Like today for instance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d8rn5uhO9g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT_bPYA4RrY

Working the 850 so hard in this clay, I have trouble with this wrist pin working its way out to the left every few hrs. Have you had this trouble at all Kalle?

Joe
Old 10-16-2011, 10:39 AM
Green Horn

hauler_10-4 is on a distinguished road

Dam Joe that picture looks like a 1:1.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:50 AM
BANNED

Cheers Jeremy.

Got the top of the wall all cleared off today so it's ready for excavation when the snow flies soon. Boy oh boy, quite a dramatic change in temps in just the past few days, gonna have to start wearing long johns everyday soon.... brrrr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u-iQTdMfqY

Joe
Old 10-22-2011, 06:17 PM
Wannabe

Brel is on a distinguished road

wow, Great video's as always, Lil Giants, I like your models because they look like they would if the were 1:1 machines, i.e. well used and careworn,
Old 10-23-2011, 01:00 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

I have to agree with everyone else! That picture of the Volvo dumping in front of the grain bins had me fooled too. At first glance I thought you might have bought yourself a 1:1 Volvo ADT. That is a great photo.
Old 10-23-2011, 01:43 AM
Wannabe

Brel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post

Brilliant picture, the silos in the background are far enough away to get the dumper into perspective to make it look like a 1:1 machine, it had me fooled into thinking it was a real dumper

Last edited by Brel; 10-23-2011 at 01:45 AM. Reason: Can't spell for toffee
Old 10-23-2011, 03:46 PM
BANNED

Really?! I don't see it... too use to that view I guess.

Wish I could of got a pic or video of the mud bogging I was doing this morning in my corrals with my 800 Sportsman... weaned calves & shipped to market, sale tomorrow. Had three cows standing in the middle of the water, me & my 3 helpers standing at water's edge throwing mud lumps at them... it was like they were standing there grinning at us, come get me . Their eyes got wide when the quad came roaring out there! It was about 200 feet of 30" deep muck!

Thank you for your compliments.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:28 AM
Wannabe

Azonic will become famous soon enough

[/QUOTE]Working the 850 so hard in this clay, I have trouble with this wrist pin working its way out to the left every few hrs. Have you had this trouble at all Kalle?[QUOTE]

I have had that problem Joe, but not with the particular one in you picture, i had the one that connects the boom to the undercarrige come loose, i installed a grubscrew there, i had 2 of the pins the connects the quick coupler come loose as well, i used a little of Locktite cylindrical (648) glue to fasten them, worked great and i can still get them out quite easy.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:11 AM

footprint is on a distinguished road

I thought you were just trying to be artistic and playing around with Tilt Shift, then realised you have far more important things to do. As always thanks for the update, its always great to see your collection getting a good workout.

If you do get bored play around with Tilt Shift, http://vimeo.com/3156959 this is made from Tilt shift pics into a timelapse and here http://tiltshiftmaker.com/ a site to make some, you can achieve better with photoshop ect but still its free and easy.
Old 11-06-2011, 04:32 PM
BANNED

Thanx for the info Kalle.

It was a fluke footprint, I swear!

I got the last of the loose soil tidied up last wkend & sealed up the window, it's getting cold out there, hurricane winds out of the south all week brought this to me yesterday.

Last wkend's activities.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkKRI5i-Tks

I got started this week mining down the last 8x3x5 cube of the remaining south wall. I'm gonna try to do it all with the rc's, no hand digging... AND NO BLASTING EITHER!!! so spare me those comments, I'm not playing with explosives in my basement.

I employed #1 for the 1st time in nearly two yrs with putting a drill on it. It's a 3000rpm motor with a 5/16 masonary bit. Drill down a few inches so the 850's ripper tooth can rip up the bone dry, rock hard clay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXsvf_Fo_fw

I'm hoping this week that I can get my 850's u/c to the machinist so I can get my track drive upgrade installed. As it is now, the 850 is immobile... good thing that it has a long reach & can dig a wide area without moving. I just about blew a testicle lifting it up there though.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:43 PM
Green Horn

Location: Up a hill above the dirty Ohio river on the Indiana side.
rcguyfarms is on a distinguished road

that is a deep hole, when do u expect it to fill with water? Is that for a future sump pump? I see ur original excavator has a new life.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:45 PM
BANNED

Never.

I dug the hole so I would have somewhere to "stack" the dirt from the south wall that I knock down this winter. Most of it should fill this hole, with the remainder filling the air gap of the wood crib.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:01 PM
Craftsman

modelman is on a distinguished road

Joe-you are really creative in coming up with ways to deal with that hard dirt! Nice job!
Old 11-06-2011, 10:29 PM
Journeyman

RCLogger will become famous soon enough

Great video's Joe
I looks like old man winter is there now, good thing you got some dirt moved outside this fall...
You sure know how to make that WA500 shine, it seems to work great ! You have got to have the hardest dirt I have ever seen, great idea on the rock drill idea..

Keep up the good work

greg
Old 11-07-2011, 12:04 AM
BANNED

Thanx Tom, it's been a challange to do as much as possible with the rc's.

Last wk I was hauling clay dirt from a new development in town (contractor giving it away & free loading) with my Mack tandem & pup, fixed alot of pounded down areas in my dad's yard, a couple of passes over with my FEL & it's hard as cement. Drive over it with a loaded trk & it doesn't leave track in the soil. It's pretty dense clay! I was watching the 657 pans the week before, they were only cutting 3-4 inches depth per pass... lucky them it wasn't a typical dry yr.

Still scheming on a jackhammer Greg, I've got that hammer attachment we pick up at Canadian Tire that day sitting on my workbench right now, trying to figure how I can make it work. That Leibherr color hoe broke its boom a few months ago, thinking about removing the boom/stick entirely and fastening the hammer in its place, using the boom cyls to lift it up/down... I hope an idea comes to me soon, the drill works ok, but I don't think it will have much for longevity.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:57 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Hey Joe have you considered one of the smaller hammer drill's, corded or cordeless?
Later, Neil.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:00 AM
BANNED

I did a corded one some time ago for the hammer part of the drive, tinkering moreso with that one now rather than the CT one. Might have a test run before the wkend.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:42 AM
Wannabe

Azonic will become famous soon enough

Great videos Joe, that WA-500 looks like it runs great, not much wheelspin, is it very good grip there or does it just grip? Anything you dont like about it?
Old 11-08-2011, 03:41 PM
BANNED

Thanx Kalle. The model has plenty of power & can spin the wheels easily. I try not to. It grips well, I can't recall if I ever weighed it (don't personally have a scale), probably close to twenty 20 pounds.

I can't think of anything negative to say about it, it works really well. One of these days soon I'll install a DX6 radio so I can mix the pump/valves, make it work even better.

If you haven't heard already, Lars Stahl shut 'er down in September... don't know if he's taking a break to regroup or if he's done forever. Hopefully Leimbach & son will take over his side of it, it'd be a shame to see these simple working, but very durable models disappear from the marketplace. Klaus Leimbach & the late Harald Stahl are the pioneers that got this rc construction model hobby started in the early 90's.