RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Euro Style Trucks and Trailers

Euro Style Trucks and Trailers A place for the Euro style trucks single and twin axle trucks and trailers...

Old 12-16-2021, 04:33 AM

MaxxPain is on a distinguished road
Default Tamiya AROCS 3363

I started this in August 2021 and have been slowly putting it together. I wanted to paint most of the items listed in the manual. I purchased everything from HobbyConcepts along with servos, motor, led's, paint and a radio. I am using the MFC-03. All the paints listed in the manual, I wanted to try and paint them, but I am terrible at painting. I used all Tamiya spray cans, but afterwards I wish I would of used an air brush. I learned so much during this build and strangely, I want to build another. I am not finished as I want to put in an interior with lights. But so far, I am very happy. Changes, I am looking at some Mercedes Aluminum wheels on Ebay and I want to ditch the servo saver with a regular or aluminum servo horn and increase the steering throw. Anyways, just wanted to share. Thanks

I 3d Printed a speaker mount I found on thingiverse. Its not perfect but works. Changed the speaker to a smaller speaker.

The automatic trailer legs. I installed these after I built the trailer. What a nightmare. But I am so happy with them.

I found these batteries on Amazon and they fit great. 39.95 for 2

I bought these awesome 3d printed cargo strap from Westernsharpies but needed a mount for the other side. So I made this 3D printed bracket so you can attach the strap.

Old 12-16-2021, 06:21 PM

sassgrunt is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tamiya AROCS 3363

You did a great job on the build, and I really like the tie down straps on the trailer. If you find that you can see too much of the landing gear motor from the side, you can also flip it around the other way, (use the leg connections to hold it in place and mark where the new holes in the trailer frame need to be), and more of it will be hidden behind the (larger( part of the frame.
Old 12-17-2021, 12:26 AM

MaxxPain is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tamiya AROCS 3363

Thank you. I appreciate the feed back and advice. Now that you mentioned the trailer motor, I will take notice of it. Thats a good idea.