RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > Welcome New Members

Welcome New Members A place to introduce yourself to the membership.

Old 11-30-2010, 11:12 AM

casper is on a distinguished road
Default Hi from ole NZ

Hi all. Just the quick intro thing.
Roger here, down in New Zealand.
Been static truck modelling for more years than I care to remember but have decided I want to do something bigger and that does something i.e. moves - so decided to delve into the world of RC Trucking.
Have already purchased and running 2 x Tamiya trucks (4x2 & 6x4), these are being used as testbeds to work out gearing, steering geometry etc before I start my 95%+ scratchbuild scale project(s) (excluding electronics and tyres).
Hopefully these projects will be scale models but with the RC aspect (will be some compromises but nothing major, I hope). Once I've sorted out the tyre/rim problem I plan to build as a blog so those knowledgeable folks here can point me in the right direction when I start going astray .
I'm already enjoying this site, seeing how others approach different problems and I'm picking up snippets of useful info (very handy while I'm learning all about RC).
Hope everyone is well and their projects going as planned and no doubt looking forward to the festive season holidays.

Regards
Roger.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:51 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of
Default Re: Hi from ole NZ

Welcome Roger and I am sure you will get some good ideas here as well as meeting some wonderfull and talented builders.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11