RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Vehicles Picture Gallery > 1:1 Your Semi's,Trucks and Equipment

1:1 Your Semi's,Trucks and Equipment Here is a spot to share your 1:1 that you drive and or operate.

Old 11-04-2010, 10:38 PM
Weekend Gear Jammer

Exthood359 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: my new hobby truck

Well

After two weeks of working on in the evenings and one weekend here is some progress. I buffed the cab out and did some minor stuff to much to talk about but needed to be done stuff.

The front rims and four outside drives are headed to a buffing house this weekend to have the rims buffed out on a machine that does a great job on buffing and I will have them on by next weekend. Then it is work on the tanks and try and get them cleaned up.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:49 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

The truck is comming along nicely keep up the work and it will pay off.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 11-05-2010, 06:46 AM
I'd rather be truckin'

Brian in PA will become famous soon enoughBrian in PA will become famous soon enough

That paint really buffed out nice Wade!

Brian
Old 11-05-2010, 03:01 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about

Looks great Wade when are the wheels going to the polisher? Today? and I found some center caps and lugs I have to go look at them and see if they are as nice as the guy says they are.

HI.. My name is Paul.. And.. I.. Have a Cabover Addiction.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11 "LET IT EAT"
Like Us on Facebook "Corn Field Mafia"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:31 PM
Weekend Gear Jammer

Thanks guys yes a little elbow grease has payed off. I have the rims at the buffing house as we speak......They are going to cut them on Monday and I will be able to pick them up on Wednesday. So I hope by this coming weekend to have some more pics to show off. The truck is at a shop and I had all the fluids dropped and new put in and they have created a list of things that need to be addressed. They are doing some like a universal joint bad, steering sector bad, couple brake cans bad, did some small items on the engine which turns out not to be a small cam 350 but a big cam 400 which is a plus. A lot of the items I can do myself but it is nice to have the professional tell you what is up........Once I get the truck on Thursday I will stop by Vanderhaag's a used truck/ salvage yard and see what they will give me on the headache rack on the back. I get that thing off the truck and the rims all buffed out that will change the look a lot. Then I will start working on cutting the fuel tanks out. I have a new CB radio, speaker, and JVC CD player for the truck also which I will work on installing once I get it back did not see the need to have in truck while at the shop.......

Slowly but shirley getting there. I also have a friend that has a parts truck and I bought the main dash and second lower dash off him and about 10 or 12 items out of the cab to make my cab interior complete. Oh a nother friend has a Pete and he took his horns off to put 7 cab lights on and he gave them to me they need a good cleaning but are nice so like I said slowly but shirley.
Old 11-07-2010, 01:50 AM

wedicotrucker is on a distinguished road

Wow Wade, you may have this truck finshed before you get your Exthood pete finished. Looks good though. Looking forward to seeing how the wheels turn out.
Old 11-07-2010, 05:11 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedicotrucker View Post
Wow Wade, you may have this truck fished before you get your Exthood pete finished. Looks good though. Looking forward to seeing how the wheels turn out.
You are right about that statement there.. But the wheels will look just as good as a brand new set I have seen the work that the place Wade took them to can do and it is nothing less than amazing for sure. I am having them do the wheels on my F350 this coming June when i am down there. And there prices are great.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:47 PM
Super Moderator

Stepside will become famous soon enough

Wade,

What a cool project!!!! The updates so far are great... I'll be watching this one!!!

I can't wait to see it after you lose the headache rack.

Old 11-11-2010, 09:04 PM
Weekend Gear Jammer

Well after being in the shop for a week glad to get the old girl back. I had a local shop change all the fluids from radiator to the back rearend and while in the shop I pulled the wheels and had them machine buffed. I got the truck back today. I think they did a good job on the rims.

I guess I will have to start on the fuel tanks next and painting the frame. I'm going to paint it red same as the cab.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:24 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

The rims look fantastic Wade thay did a great job on them.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 11-14-2010, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator

Stepside will become famous soon enough

WOW!!!

Get our your sunglasses!!!

Wade, I think you outta name this project "Elbow Grease"

Old 11-14-2010, 11:21 AM
I'd rather be truckin'

Brian in PA will become famous soon enoughBrian in PA will become famous soon enough

Whoa those look Great! You cant beat the finish from a machine polisher!

Brian
Old 11-14-2010, 11:41 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Yep looks killer I have been looking at the slid show you sent me at least once a day cant wait to see the tanks done and the new bumper..

Old 11-14-2010, 09:40 PM
On Leave

Cossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the rough

Hi Wade,

Wow she's looking good It's amazing what a little elbow grease can achieve keep the pic's coming.

Cheers Cossett

Old 11-14-2010, 10:32 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Wow, what a change! Boy Wade, those don't even look like the same rims anymore. Well worth the investment. The old KW is looking better and better. Once the tanks are polished, it'll look even better. Kind of looks like the frame was painted red at some time, or is that a primer under the black paint chips?
Old 11-14-2010, 10:36 PM
Green Horn

petermoblin is on a distinguished road

Lookin' good Wade. You gonna bring her to Kasson next year?
Old 11-14-2010, 10:49 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by petermoblin View Post
Lookin' good Wade. You gonna bring her to Kasson next year?
LOL Jessy what do you think! We will need it to fill a empty Hole in are line up this next year.. RIP KW

Old 11-14-2010, 11:29 PM

AZLIGHTNING is on a distinguished road

Wow shes coming along Great can't wait to see more updates, the wheels came out awesome, the paint buffed out beautifully, your hard work is sure showing.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:48 PM
Weekend Gear Jammer

First off Thank you to all on the nice replies. Yes the elbow grease is working and paying off..................

Here is a little something I have been working on for a few days to get my ideas down.

Here is the truck as it sits today.

Here is with some changes. Like adding 5 lights down the side of the cab. removed the headache rack. redid the deck plate. Yes the frame was red and is going to go back red in do time. the breather canister painted. the Kenworth emblem cleaned up. the tread plate buffed out and new skid plate redone in the foot pocket. some small areas touched up. oh ya replaced the short step below the tank with a longer one and put a different tank with the bung at the back instead of the middle. I have a longer step on driver side already. installed a new black plastic spash guard on the bottom edge of the cab.

All small items that just take time and lit money but that is my goal before the first show next May......

I'll post pics of the inside once I get the cb in place and the new full size mattress. Wife will not let kids in truck since they have to get in the back until I get a new mattress. Plan for this weekend.......
Old 11-15-2010, 11:00 PM

smart racer is on a distinguished road

what a great 1:1 project...I browse the used rig sites now and then...why remove the headache rack?...you are doing a bang up job