RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction General Discussion

Construction General Discussion General questions

Old 11-26-2021, 10:35 AM

osikasculptor is on a distinguished road
Default Rc4wd 360l vs 4200 my thoughts

Just got the 360L after having had the older 4200 (with 4 valves)
The 360 aside from looking much better has been improved ; nice larger oil tank that has a top that comes off which makes the oil easy to change. The pistons seem larger and the boom will stay in place if the pump is off. The 4200 would tend to creep down after a bit. Controls are nice and crisp. Radio also easy to mix and adjust. Drive motors improved and has higher top speed. It's strong..even a bit stronger that 4200 it seems..able to lift a 25 lb weight.
Internal layout of all components also very clean and neat and it doesn't seep oil like the 4200 did. I did like the 4200.. never had major trouble with it except for a servo and a piston. But 360 is much improved all around imo.
Oh one odd thing about the early 4200 that others also reported.. was if the tracks were moved backwards..the pump would cut out and the whole thing needed to be re-started. Though my guess that was fixed on the newer versions.
Old 12-15-2021, 02:00 AM
Wannabe

Rimrock is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Rc4wd 360l vs 4200 my thoughts

Congrats with the new 360L. The first version of 4200l had the 4 valve block, while later on the upgraded the block, less leakage problems, and it went to a normal 3 valve block. The newer 4200xl's and 360L got the same hydraulics. 4200xl got 'under powered' track motors, while 360L got 'over powered' brushless drives. It's an advantage to keep the track not too tight to reduce the risk of braking links. From my experience with the 360L, it's good to have some spare track links at hand, especially if operating in gravel with some larger stones. If just operating in clean soil, or 'beach sand', there are less to worry about