RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 11-24-2015, 09:16 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

That diff looks good! Very beefy.lol Do you have a link for where you got that?OH no, what am I asking for. I promised myself I wouldn't.lol

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear it isn't going as planned just yet. I know you will get it dialed in shortly!
Old 11-24-2015, 09:34 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
That diff looks good! Very beefy.lol Do you have a link for where you got that?OH no, what am I asking for. I promised myself I wouldn't.lol

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear it isn't going as planned just yet. I know you will get it dialed in shortly!
Redcat racing,,, something from one of their trucks. I ebayed 1/5 differential. Bunch stock parts, people pulling stock stuff and replacing then ebaying off.

I did look around for needle bearings. Cheaper too!! I did think about a sleeve for correct sizing.

Yup Steve, you might be correct on a traditional drivetrain .

Hey reg, where is it that you showed building a axle housing? Lot of pages to sort through, and builds,, I might have to go back inside house and aww over some of your past builds again. I like my idea of using the plastic housing I got but, plastic in this things drive? I might not be able to live with that lol!!! Weight isn't carried on that part but it ties in a lot of stuff that does!! Guess I should read over dadsgarage post about shortcuts!!! Don't want to but I guess I better get the calipers and calculator out!! Lol!!!🙀🙏🔩🔫. Don't know if those emojis show up but my wife got some app that changed my phone keyboard!! ( our phones are linked and whatever weird apps she gets I do too!! ,,, time to start another argument and then get punished to garage for the holidays !!!
Old 11-24-2015, 09:44 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Haha. I'm on a strict diet of non RC saving at the moment so I'm trying not to be misled by you building something fun...I can't help myself though, it's a disease... Maybe my current idea will also sway your attention and then you will likely be banished to garage for quite some time... We all get feeding off one another and this just gets scary....

I have built diffs a few different ways. The Tigercat and Euclid involved welding together machined parts for the housings and the 850 KW the main housings were machined from a solid chunk. Euc and KW have removable "pumpkins". The skidder has welded centers and the axle tubes come off. This type would probably work and look more realistic for the type of build you are doing. Not only that you won't have days worth of machining to redo if drilling the axle tubes doesn't go well on the first try.
Old 11-24-2015, 09:51 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Not very informative or a great job even for that matter but it may give you an idea. I didn't have a mill when I started this project so I would have done things a little different that's for sure but it does work OK.

http://rctruckandconstruction.com/sh...light=Tigercat
Old 11-27-2015, 09:41 AM

asola76 is on a distinguished road

is very nice work
the rubber you have use to made the final tires is a Vytaflex® 30?
Old 11-27-2015, 01:47 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by asola76 View Post
is very nice work
the rubber you have use to made the final tires is a Vytaflex® 30?
I'm not too knowledgable on this stuff but this is what I used

https://www.alumilite.com/PDFs/New%2...lex-Series.pdf

Shore hardness of A40 , guess the hardness scale is the "A" and number is 40 so A40. Said to be similar to wine cork.
Old 11-27-2015, 02:36 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Your concern of differential slip with a two motor axle? As long as you're not running at full power, then there's some give, like a limited slip posi, between the two motors... that's what I've found with either a 4 motor front loader or a 6 motor ADT, half throttle & machine turns like open diffs.

Joe
Old 11-28-2015, 12:07 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

bigford is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
Big hands and feet! Lol!!! No mr nutters is busy wrenching elsewhere
This just in Mr. Nutters has fallen on hard times and will do anything for food

Old 11-29-2015, 04:13 PM
Journeyman

sparkycuda is on a distinguished road

Would like to add to the 2-motors-1-axle discussion, but I cannot find the reference. It was posted by one of our European friends (I think on this forum) explaining that if the two motors are on opposite ends of the same axle, they should be wired in series, and when under load, the motors will create an "electrical differential" by splitting the power proportionally, based on individual motor load and RPM. If using multiple axles with 2 motors each, series wiring on each axle and parallel wiring from axle to axle.

Perhaps someone else read this or the author of the post may see this, so we can find the original discussion.

Ken
Old 11-29-2015, 06:30 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Thanks ken, always appreciate input. How I had originally thought of powering them was independently, two motors, two esc's. I can understand the wireing concept of parallel and that would make sense. I would think that wireing them in series would put more strain on first (in the series) motor. But do understand the concept of "electrical differential". Hummm, I do have six tires of correct size for a future articulated dump truck,,,,,, that would be perfect to implement on.
If I would have made the inner diameter of this trucks tires about 1/2" less I would have had more room for axle/bearings/wheel shafts. But still the compounded length of opposing motors still put it on the limits. If those darn slim bearings weren't so expensive I may have continued on that path. Couple other factors, dadsgarage haul truck has proven to be powered with one motor and that opens up a lot of the design options for axle (again to understand that I'm by far any design engineer) and my limited brain power. Lol, all those late nights when younger!!! Alcohol kills brain cells?!? Right? Me, I figured alcohol killed off all the weak ones for me so I was good to go!! As I got older that ideal changed!! Lol!! Now if I had a decent tig welder (Christmas present?) or if a awesome builder happen to get a box of aluminum parts with instructions where to weld happen to get a package delivered to his big island home,,,,,,,and quit doing circles with a drift truck,,,,,, I may be set!!!! Lol. If you do happen to find that discussion ken, post a link. I'm sure a few more of us would benifit from that.

Haven't had much time lately and the RC funding is dwindling, have to make things a little smarter, ( not have a handful of new spare parts) as my wife and I are going to be moving. Moving about 100 yards,, trying to purchase my fathers house (old farm property) and the bank just doesn't understand when I tell them I outright own a 349 excavator, d11 dozer, several rigs, and about to acquire a large haul truck. Kind of funny to say to the loan officer as reply to "what assets do you have" lol!!! Yeah that went over like a lead balloon!!!
Old 11-29-2015, 09:49 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Sounds like this guy on the island might live close to me. I've heard of him before and I'm sure he would try to help you. If you get into contact with him could you pass along my email to him. I also need a good builder for some projects...

I'm glad to hear things are progressing next door. Your gonna need that property if my new toy flairs up an old fire in you.
Old 11-29-2015, 10:56 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
Sounds like this guy on the island might live close to me. I've heard of him before and I'm sure he would try to help you. If you get into contact with him could you pass along my email to him. I also need a good builder for some projects...

I'm glad to hear things are progressing next door. Your gonna need that property if my new toy flairs up an old fire in you.
I can only guess,,,,, does it have two wheels?? Lol,,, gotta make a good first impression on the neighbors,, make a giant RC construction pit in the front yard and a nice sx track in the backyard!! Ohhh, the neighbors would not be happy to be reliving the yesteryears!!!! 40 min non stop, two to three times a day!! But that was two stroke, now the 4strokes, they are a tad bit quieter.

That is if that's the new toy.
Old 11-29-2015, 11:00 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
I can only guess,,,,, does it have two wheels?? Lol,,, gotta make a good first impression on the neighbors,, make a giant RC construction pit in the front yard and a nice sx track in the backyard!! Ohhh, the neighbors would not be happy to be reliving the yesteryears!!!! 40 min non stop, two to three times a day!! But that was two stroke, now the 4strokes, they are a tad bit quieter.

That is if that's the new toy.
Haha, 4 stroke MX quieter. Good one.... I'm no longer an environmentalcase so my 4 stroke is going away and will be replaced by a 2 smoker! Dear Santa, I have been so good this year
Old 11-30-2015, 12:17 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road

So does that mean you bought that Hayes that you and the wife were driving around?

What ?? you didn't say how many wheels it had!
Old 11-30-2015, 08:19 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Reg is getting even bigger on the scale toys!!! Lol!!!

Got a little more done on the axle. A lot of turning time on axle parts. I found a way to bolt them together rather than needing to weld.

Needed to make the parts beefy,, I think I'm accomplishing that. The inner parts of axles still need a radius turned. Saving that till I get to frame parts to find exacts.
Old 11-30-2015, 08:50 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

And all the tires done
Old 11-30-2015, 09:06 PM
Journeyman

sparkycuda is on a distinguished road

So tires ended up being about 2-1/2" X 9"? That's a bunch of rubber! Really nice job with the casting and using 3D printing for the pattern. Amazing how all the new technology is making more builds possible with really great detail.

Ken
Old 11-30-2015, 09:39 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Haha, no Hayes truck for us although my wife wants one. I think the only way you could get that one from the owner is by buying it from his estate.lol It has a good home now and will be well taken care of until he's gone. Hopefully after that who ever ends up with it will respect the old girl and not turn it into scrap. He did show where the keys are though...

Rub a Dub! Great job on the tires! I am so impressed with how well they turned out. You continue to be my hero...
Old 11-30-2015, 09:48 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

bigford is an unknown quantity at this point

awww thats nice the aluminator is paying captain silicone a compliment LOL
tires look great nice and heavy
Old 11-30-2015, 09:53 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigford View Post
awww thats nice the aluminator is paying captain silicone a compliment LOL
tires look great nice and heavy
Bahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coop like em heavy and soft in the rear...