RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 04-23-2015, 08:00 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallHaul View Post
RW, i just realized after looking through this thread that i know you and i subscribed to your youtube channel a while ago, lol...it was nice meeting you at Cabin Fever. You did a great job on the D11 it works very well.

Keep up the great work and videos!
Lol! Thanks Scott!! And happy birthday!!
Old 04-23-2015, 10:17 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Your helper, is he flipping you off for taking his pic?

Joe
Old 04-24-2015, 07:16 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Lol! That helper kept stealing my tools!!!! I thought about welding his tail!!!

Had a little time to make the side of the blade. Bent and rolled and tweaked a little more. I am making templates as I go this time. I'm going to try and grind down the welds, then fill gaps/seams with solder. I'm no good at filling with brazing material. It would look like a lsd dealer made it, all warped and torched!!!

Old 04-24-2015, 08:50 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

Shape and form is looking real good Coop.

I've been drooling and lovin all your vids of my favorite dozer for a longtime as you know, but it wasn't till I just saw the pic of the blade in your hand, NOW I realize how much of a beast that beauty is
With or without LSD.....what a trip!
Old 04-24-2015, 09:48 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Hey Mario, I told my wife if anything happened to me she has to mail you a 80# package. .

I'll try and get a pic soon of the new blade in comparison to the old one, and something for scale.
Old 04-25-2015, 07:37 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

bigford is an unknown quantity at this point

use king for scale everybody knows how big a doggosaurus rex is
cool new blade R.W.
Old 04-25-2015, 07:42 AM

Chi-Noos is on a distinguished road

Wow I'm loving that dozer more and more, there's gotta be nothing better than the feeling of being able to switch blades now lol.
Old 04-25-2015, 12:55 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigford View Post
use king for scale everybody knows how big a doggosaurus rex is
cool new blade R.W.
Lol! Dogasauresrex might make it look small, when he stands on his hind legs and stretches his head, his nose is above my eye level!! And I'm 6'3"!!!

Some "scale" pics

And filled in top of side blades. The top will be getting the rock guard. And the whole blade will be about 1/4" or so taller with cutting edges. Height should be almost spot on as well as width for 1:14 scale.
Old 04-25-2015, 12:56 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Old 04-25-2015, 01:30 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

https://youtu.be/r-B8d1_e55g

I thought this clip was deleted, found it on the hard drive. I have to change some settings on the gopro as the iPhone was taking higher quality video, got the gopro because it takes great video, next time I guess.
Old 04-25-2015, 02:15 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Joe, the future tree stump dig is located just on the other side of fence, about inline of dogs nose and right of tree. I want to move the fence out to edge of property line, about another 20' out. Then I can build a road to stump. And tossed a hand trowel for size comparison of stump. I'm sure when wife goes looking for it she will never look there.

Old 04-25-2015, 03:48 PM
BANNED

Phew! Big job moving that fence! My Wheatheart post pounder would make quick work driving new 8'L - 8" dia posts.

You're probably looking at an 8' dig radius, down 3' and then building some kind of motorised circular saw blade attachment for the hoe... can't cut the roots with a chainsaw or an axe, that'd be too easy!

That'd be a good sized job for the JD850, good luck with your lil kitty cat, don't break it.

Joe
Old 04-25-2015, 04:07 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Lol!! Got the skid steer and post hole auger for the fence. Only corners and gate are concreted. However I will have to get new lumber.

The stump has been sitting dormate for about 3 years, maybe more. I cut down into it with 16" chainsaw and added root rot. But I'm sure even the small roots will be problems. Yes I'm planning on it being the big summer toy project. Might be able to drag it out for next year too if considering filling in hole too!! I guess it would be a ill attempt at attaching a stump grinder on end of hoe? !!!!
Old 04-25-2015, 04:25 PM
BANNED

Do you drill a smaller hole than post & push them in with skid steer? You could probably rent a pounder that mounts right on your skid steer - no tamping, no hole prep, just drive it home! You get a 10' - 10"d post, drive it in 5', you wouldn't need concrete. I do my 4 wire fencing corners with this big of post & have never had one come out of the ground, some fence is now 10yo.

Joe
Old 04-25-2015, 05:27 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

The fence is just to keep the livestock (dogs ) in. I think I have 14-18 posts to set. All the property in background is mine as well but if this property was sold off the fence line is marker. That fence is probably 15+ now. Not bad for rough cut hemlock. Posts are treated. I have a 6" auger to dig 4x4 posts. Maybe a half hour job diggin. More time running tape measure and leveling posts. Ground is soft on low side, that's also gonna be a property marker so only reason I was gonna add a bag of sacrete to them. Where I have a gate big enough to drive equipment into if ever needed I used 4x6 and they are 3' deep. Old Amish man once told me to use a hatchet and cut notches in corners (like a barb) below ground line to help with lifting from frost heaving. He might have been pulling my leg too. Around here depending on snow cover , realistically frost might get 6-8 deep in good soil, hard clay/shale deeper. However not to underestimate power of frost, I have several sewer lines to dig up. They are future lines stemming off main line. About 4 feet deep 4" slip joints that frost has pulled up out of ground. Those slip joints are not easy to fit in and worse to take apart!!
But the fence job should only take the better part of day to do , if I get around to it and finally get more boards. At least I'm pretty sure I can make it take a day.
Old 04-25-2015, 05:38 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Ok just did a check on scale weight of what the cat should be
The 1:1 catd11 weighs in at 230,581 pounds, now if I'm building a 1:14 scale model the model weight would be 16,470 pounds!! (Dozer weight divided by 14 scale ). That would be one heavy toy!!!!
Old 04-25-2015, 07:10 PM
BANNED

It terms of length, it's /14. But weight or volume, it's cubed, which would equal 84lbs... and you're what? 68lbs?

Joe
Old 04-25-2015, 07:13 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Bo Wallen is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Hmmm. Thinking Just a little bit more weight on the model. Like 84 pound should be the number......84 x 14 x 14 x 14 = 230496 pounds . Love the new Blade Sir. ;-)
Old 04-25-2015, 09:50 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

bigford is an unknown quantity at this point

you know i could provide cheap grunt labor for a set of cylinders
for the kat, just saying
Old 04-28-2015, 08:36 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Figure out what ya want mark, I'll make it happen somehow .

Haven't had as much time as I would like to devote to my construction company and equipment,,, have to do some real work to keep the collectors away!! The new blade manufacturing process has been painfully slow but I did get the tilt cylinder mounts done so now I can figure out the proper attitude for main push arms.

Also have to figure out final height with cutting edges. Figure some more pics are just as fun as cutting metal too short and re-cutting after making a paper template!!!!