RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 12-05-2017, 12:34 PM
Green Horn

lenny is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Skeeters contracting services

Looking good with the skidsteer.. just mite be the next piece I'll be looking to buy.

Last edited by lenny; 12-05-2017 at 12:38 PM.
Old 12-07-2017, 07:03 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the encouragement, Lenny

Yesterday, when I arrived home from work, I had a package I've been awaiting fir a LONG long time! The SLOW boat carrying it FINALLY made it's way to me from China. I took them, & made a pack for the skid steer conversion. The 2/3A pack fits in it, but I'd have to move EVERYTHING from where I had planned. Going with the 2/3AA 1800MAH batteries hopefully it's enough power to last fir a lil bit of play time in that machine. Picture below has the 2/3A pack next to the 2/3AA pack. I liked how the 2/3A pack weighted the machine slightly rear heavy, just like the 1:1 machines. Perhaps, I'll find a spot in/near the rear of the model, & give it the Skeeter special treatment........just a few ounces worth.

unnamed (98) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

Today I didn't work, due to a Dental appointment. I HATE going to them places......but when tooth is abscessed, & hurting, it's time to drag myself in there & get taken care of. When I arrived home, I had an EXCELLENT surprise awaiting me. I WASN'T expecting that package to arrive for about 4-7 more days. A great big THANK-YOU goes out to Hostile for being of assistance with acquiring this project. The Subaru WRX, I COULDN'T source locally. I inquired if he'd help me out, since they are readily available in Australia. It's sitting on my shelf, awaiting it's turn to be converted.
unnamed (99) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr
I'm excited to cut the cord off this little rice burning hot rod, but have other projects ahead of it. Once I get a few more parts, the dump truck will be taking over as the HIGHEST priority build. After all, I'll need something to haul away all that dirt that the new hoe will be digging up!
Old 12-07-2017, 10:09 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road

Atleast you've got some battery options to work with. It looked like you might have been able to run 4 of the 2/3A across the back counterweight, then stick the other 2 onto that going into engine compartment?

Wait, the 2/3A are 1600, but the 2/3AA are 1800? Do the AA have a slower discharge rating?

Nice scooby, mine should just be couple days out then.
Old 12-08-2017, 12:36 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Unfortunately, neither evilbay seller was able to provide a "C" rating for the batteries, so I'm unsure.

Yes sir, your new ride SHOULDN'T be too far away.

Yeppers, I have a several options for batteries to work with. I COULD have ran the 2/3A battery pack, but then I wouldn't have room to put in the Sabertooth 2X5, or the receiver. With the smaller 2/3AA pack, I can have the Sabertooth in the back with the pack, as well as shoe horn the receiver in there too. The 4CH receiver for the Spektrum is slightly too bulky to fit under the seat area.

Last edited by skeeter; 12-08-2017 at 09:05 AM.
Old 12-08-2017, 11:58 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tonight, after work, I tinkered with the Bruder Skidsteer conversion some more. I got as far as installing 7 testing the driveability functions. I added another 2/3AA battery to the pack. It now runs off from a 2/3AA 8.4V 1800MAH battery pack. I also got the on/off/charge switch installed. IDK, yet where I will shoehorn the charge port at on this thang. Perhaps, at/near the rear of the ROPS, on top perhaps?
unnamed (100) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

Even with the lighter weight batteries that make up the pack, the thing is still slightly heavy to the rear, just like the 1:1 is. I still think I'll do the skeeter special, just a bit to it, as it's not quite right.....yet.
unnamed (101) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

Once it FINALLY gets did loading, I'll have a short video of the driveability testing to post.
Old 12-09-2017, 12:06 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

as promised, here's a short clip testing the drive functions of the skidsteer
https://youtu.be/nD5vWxLdMEw
Old 12-09-2017, 03:35 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Nice to see it's fighting a little less and moving under it's own power now.

Did you put any brass tube bracing in the lifting arms yet?
Old 12-09-2017, 04:13 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Yes sir, It feels AMAZING that it's FINALLY showing progress. The cousin Delta Loader, hasn't made any progress.

Brass tubing in lifting arms....no sir. The arms on it are I think built very solidly. On it's cousin, I WILL be placing some reinforcements in it's arms. The wheeled version has a solid boom, unlike tracked version.
Old 12-09-2017, 05:11 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

My bad, i hadn't actually seen the wheeled bobcat in person yet.

A while back you were asking about figures, i just ran across these being used in a M35 in 1/16 build over on scale4x4. They'll be a little short, but seem to have great detail
http://americandiorama.com/index.php...tegory&path=69
Old 12-09-2017, 12:38 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Thank-You sir for that link! I've found a few things I might could use for future projects there.
Old 12-09-2017, 02:28 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

This morning I was sitting in the garage tinkering with the Bruder Skidsteer conversion.....well trying to, but this guy WOULDN'T stay off my lap.
unnamed (102) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr
I think he was enjoying the warmth that Mr Heater Head was providing.
All was quiet when I heard the truck pull into the driveway. When the delivery gal got out, I noticed she was carrying a rather large box. Normally, I'd just sit back, & let them take it to the front door. This time, knowing I was anxiously expecting a delivery of about that same shape/size, I hopped up, & went to greet her. I was overly joyed when I found out the package was mine. It came today, my RC4WD 4200 excavator!

unnamed (104) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

unnamed (105 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

unnamed (106) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr
Old 12-09-2017, 02:32 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Now the work begins! I'll be going through it with a fine tooth comb, to make sure EVERYTHING is properly tightened, & locktite where needed. then I'll have to watch a Youtube video of how to properly fill & bleed the hydraulic system, before I get to doing that.
Old 12-10-2017, 09:15 AM
Green Horn

Hofabooz is on a distinguished road

Hi Skeeter

Nice purchase
Enjoy your new machine a good pre inspection is always worthwhile and usually pays off in the long run.
Looking forwards to seeing it in action.

Mark

Over the Pond in the UK

Member of Ribble Valley Radio Controlled Truck Club

my weather station
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-10-2017, 07:44 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Got some time out in the garage today, & finished the Bruder Caterpillar D4 conversion.
I know the bolts that hold the blade wear plate to the machine are a bit too large, & there are too few of them. They are what I was able to source locally.
unnamed (107) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

Got a chance to get the 4200Xl out to play today. HOPEFULLY my friend gets the video of it, as well as the clip with the D4 playing with it's 1:1 cousin, edited & sent to me. Soon as he gets them to me, I'll post them for all to see.

I must say I was impressed with the digging power of the RC4WD 4200Xl hoe. I am a lil disappointed with the track drivetrain though. When the machine is sitting there digging, the tracks freewheel. They WON'T propel the machine either. IF I give it a helping hand, then they will drive fir about 4-6inches before they quit driving again. IDK what's going on with it. I'm awaiting a reply from RC4WD on this issue. Other then the drivability issue, I'm really satisfied with this machine!
Old 12-10-2017, 07:48 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I'm still working on the Bruder skidsteer conversion. I have to figure out where in that thang I can put a BEC unit. When I try to run the bucket servo, it browns out the receiver. I think the built in power supply of the Sabertooth 2X5 isn't quite strong enough to run the full sized servo.
Old 12-11-2017, 12:47 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Farmer View Post
Congrats on your new purchase You got a good deal. Check out DiggingWithMartin on youtube. He’s had his 4200 for a couple years now and know’s everything there is to know about these excavators. In the future if you ever want to upgrade the track motors take a look at Soyland Industries (Rimrock) on here.
Today after the maiden excursion of the 4200, I sent PM to him. I think I will buy his upgade kit for the drive motors. the stock motors are junky, & already not working properly. I didn't even run a full battery through the machine, before the stock motors acted up. the machine wouldn't stay in place while digging. the tracks free wheeled, & allowed the machine to move as I tried to dig.
Thanks again for the info on his upgrade parts!
Old 12-12-2017, 11:01 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

No work today, so I had time in the garage to mess with the Bruder Skidsteer conversion. I was able to show horn a BEC unit into it. With the 5V BEC unit in it, it now functions, as it SHOULD! I'll post a lil teaser vid of it. Sorry, the nephews were visiting, & got in the video a bit. They are both 2, & thought this was the neatest thing they've seen yet!
https://youtu.be/J4JD0Bu_aw8
Sorry for the crummy video quality. The video was taken using my cell phone.

After battling this one, I'm unsure if I'll be attempting the Bruder Delta loader conversion! This one was cramped enough to try & fit everything into. There's even less room in the delta loader to fit it all into!

Last edited by skeeter; 12-12-2017 at 11:02 PM. Reason: typo
Old 12-12-2017, 11:17 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

My friend JUST sent me a short snippet of the video he took of the RC4WD 4200 excavator he took. This shows the track freewheel problem I'm talking about. When I try to dig, the tracks freewheel, & pull the machine towards the bucket. They SHOULDN'T move, as they are doing. RC4WD is sending replacement parts for it. I'm sure they will get here before the upgrade kit from SoylandIndustries does. I'll R+R the stock motors, so I can use the machine, until the upgrade kit gets here. Once the upgrade kit arrives, I'll switch to those motors.
https://youtu.be/Hwz6pSUzERo
Old 12-12-2017, 11:22 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I did it, I ordered from Magomhrc the metal bucket for the Bruder Liebherr L574 loader conversion. It should arrive me in about a week, or less. As soon as it gets here, & I get it installed, I'll try to post video of the loader
Old 12-12-2017, 11:29 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I found a neat interior for the RC4WD on thingiverse. I think I'll print it out, & see if it fits well enough. HOPEFULLY it's a good fit!