RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction General Discussion

Construction General Discussion General questions

Old 05-18-2021, 03:55 PM
Journeyman

sparkycuda is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Does anyone here remember "IMC the Company"

Yes, I remember reading about this in some construction magazines. Looked very interesting. Checked into it a few years later and found same as you - had moved locations and then just disappeared. Most interesting to me was the fully operational planetary transmission, just like the real thing.

Ken
Old 05-20-2021, 12:22 PM

Tanque is on a distinguished road

I actually, perhaps naively believe that the original founders of IMC had honest intentions to deliver what they promised. Can't substantiate rumors I'd heard along the way but I remember it said that the founder(s) had been retired technical/engineering types for whom this project was an extension of their personal passions. As time went by one or more of the original founders passed and subsequent participants didn't have the same commitment to the end product or overall project.

At one point perhaps halfway through the project I'd received an extensive prospectus and marketing package in an attempt to entice me into becoming a financial backer. Not sure if all deposit holders did receive this same pitch but then as now I have limits to what I'd commit. You know what seems practical and what doesn't and the lack of progress however slow just didn't show well.

I remember also towards the very end there was a new principal involved with the company, a woman who's name I recall quite clearly and while she talked a good line made me leery...at the point I'd requested from her my refund she was the one who made it happen. Shortly after she stopped accepting phone calls. The was the last I ever heard from them. Somewhere I still have most all my correspondence. One my post count here reaches the proper threshold I might post some of my remaining material as historical curiosities.

Jerry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-20-2021, 02:02 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanque View Post
Once my post count here reaches the proper threshold I might post some of my remaining material as historical curiosities.

Jerry
I upped your post count... lets see what you got!

And if you still have that VHS video, do you think you can get it loaded to youtube? Or even MP4 video & send it to me, I'll upload it to my channel if you don't have youtube.

Joe