RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > Get it out of your system! HERE!

Get it out of your system! HERE! You have a gripe,bone to pick, Tamiya vs Wedico or just have to let it out! THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE TO DO IT!

Old 07-23-2015, 11:23 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

1985 kenworth is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Criticizing peoples builds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mawler1 View Post
I've had my Dollies Dissed, as I used Pole trailers that are shortened and lowered... well took a look at them and saw that they looked like Dollies when you take the swingy thing off the top of the back...

but most people love them, so it's all good...

I sometimes think my Knight hauler could have done with an extra coat of paint in certain light conditions... but I'm happy with it...

and '85 anyone that says negative comments usually jealous or what they can't achieve themselves...
that is true.
Old 07-23-2015, 11:29 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

i have a thick skin but some don't and by people doing this it will make new guys and gals shy about posting any pics of their builds and that is what i would like to make them...wait i cannot make anybody do anything ...i would like them to feel comfortable with showing their builds no matter what stage it is in and not feel inferior to those of us that have been building for some time .i love looking at all the new builds and ideas out there..i may not post replies all the time ..although i should .i feel honoured when someone...anyone asks me how i did something or advice on something they want to do .to me that makes my day and i really wish people would really back off so everyone will feel good about being here and post everything they are building
Old 07-23-2015, 11:37 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
My 2 cents on the topic .....

As long as the one who owns it is happy we all should be happy for them. Complex, fancy, simple, make believe, realistic, un usual or famous it's all still the basis of what's keeps us happy and sane. I have Re built several trucks several times to get it just the way I want. I like others thoughts and suggestions because I like to share and learn (not the easiest for me btw). But even the most cut and pasted truck is kool in its own right.
The unfortunate part is that the models become an expression of ourself. A thought, a memory a diversion from day to day issues. And with that even a well meant comment can feel negative, intrusive or demeaning. We all know this hobby is expensive. Most times pull off a custom feature is nerve racking. To have an end result we are not too ashamed of is a feat all by itself - i've been there many times. Get up close to my stuff and you will find out it has a good bit of flaws, and filler.

So we all just need to learn that others my come across as mean or hurtful when maybe their P.C. filter is all clogged up, and it just all came out wrong.

So play nice - and by that i mean to say. Spend the extra 2 minutes to think about how to type that thought and give that extra sentence or two to give a 'why' or to compliment on what you like rather than pick apart someone's hard efforts. I think that unless they are asking for critics then they are simply posting what they are doing to encourage others to try something themselves.
that is also true izzy but at the same time ,i am pretty sure some of the things people write about others is exactly what they want to say about them..in the end ,it can be a construed as a form of bullying and in my books that is not allowed and they should talk to an admin and that person who is saying stuff gets a warning then out.i can constructively offer suggestions to others or give my opinion without hurting their feelings or coming off as such ..if i can do it so can everyone else..there are flaws in my builds too but hey they are trucks and the only perfect trucks in real life are the ones still sitting in the dealerships looking for a home...lol and not the ones driven and or making money on the road
Old 07-23-2015, 11:41 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer View Post
Ok ok I havent been on in some time and see I have missed a few things lol. I joined this hobby about 5 years ago with a friend of mine and at first was thrilled but as time went on we noticed alot of petty B.S. and jealiousy towards certain people and their builds. I for one build what I want and how I want it done. I dont post picks of any of my builds because people feel they have the right to bash people. It is a shame that as grown men and women who should know better and should be setting an example for the younger crowd are acting like little Fu@#ing Kids.....For those of you who have nothing nice to say about the builds you see and feel the need to bash for no reason I got something for you.
You are nothing but a lonely pathetic Azz@#le who has no life and should take a long hard look at yourself in the mirror you piece of crap. I will be at Indy this year if you want to continue this in person. I am tired of reading negative things lately it is a shame.....

TONY
tony that is wrong of you to not post your builds ..i mean at the end of the day it is your decision to post or not but by you not posting how is that setting a positive example for others..i agree .i build ..pay for and post what i want when i want the real point is exactly what others have echoed here before you bash some else's builds look at yours first
Old 07-23-2015, 11:45 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

anyways ..enough about this topic now..it can go on forever ..the bottom line is ..people all ages...all skill levels....all ideas...do not be afraid or ashamed to post what you are building and if someone does bash it ..get in touch with an admin or somebody or me and we can help get them to stop this nonsense and i agree

Lets build and have fun!!!! oh we really do love pics any and all
Old 03-27-2016, 06:03 PM

Howie is on a distinguished road

When you build something you should do it only to please one person..........YOU.