RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 11-08-2010, 02:11 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

JAMMER is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Espeefan's slow motion Peterbilt Heavy Hauler build

actually if you added the top hanger to the scale art it would me exactly like the real thing. Just take the one in the picture and turn it upside down part of the upper bracket is there just make it long. Ed

Last edited by JAMMER; 11-08-2010 at 02:14 PM.
Old 11-26-2010, 01:57 PM

Marcel74 is on a distinguished road

Very nice modified Wedico Peterbild. i milled also the frontaxle by my Scania

I optimised my Osswald Pendulum Spring because of the Frame high.

Befor

after
Old 11-26-2010, 04:30 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Thank you Marcel. My truck also sits a little high in the rear, now that the front end is lowered. I also have the same Osswald rear suspension that you used. Do you have any more photos of how you optimized the rear of your truck?
Old 11-27-2010, 01:51 PM
Journeyman

tracksntreadslou is on a distinguished road

Hey nate that truck is really coming togather...really like the idea of the rack with the batteries and it looks great ...awsome build ...gona keep my eye on this one
Old 11-30-2010, 11:00 AM
Green Horn

kamyoncu is on a distinguished road

I read all topic it is really perfect truck and very good information source about wedico and osswald frame and chasis operations. Tons of thanks for pictures
MACK Granite 8x6

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:00 PM

Marcel74 is on a distinguished road

Hi

Sorry for the late Answer. I made new Holder .

Old 11-30-2010, 06:50 PM
Banned

TINY-TRUCKER is on a distinguished road

man the truck so far look`s great, the work you have put in so far is one of if not the best i have seen for some time, remember all good thing take time.
keep up the great work on it
cheers paul
tiny trucker
Old 11-30-2010, 07:42 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about

Your perfect scale parts are killing me Nate nice work!

HI.. My name is Paul.. And.. I.. Have a Cabover Addiction.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11 "LET IT EAT"
Like Us on Facebook "Corn Field Mafia"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:05 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracksntreadslou View Post
Hey nate that truck is really coming togather...really like the idea of the rack with the batteries and it looks great ...awsome build ...gona keep my eye on this one
Thanks Lou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamyoncu View Post
I read all topic it is really perfect truck and very good information source about wedico and osswald frame and chasis operations. Tons of thanks for pictures
You are very welcome kamyoncu! I don't mind sharing any and all information in this hobby with others who enjoy building trucks like me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamiya Cowboy View Post
Your perfect scale parts are killing me Nate nice work!
Paul, actually you were looking at Marcel's handy work there. I cannot take credit for it. I had asked him a question about his rear suspension, and those are his photos, not mine! He's definitely done some great work too. You've seen his thread here - http://rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=893 A beautifully modified Wedico chassis too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TINY-TRUCKER View Post
man the truck so far look`s great, the work you have put in so far is one of if not the best i have seen for some time, remember all good thing take time.
keep up the great work on it
cheers paul
tiny trucker
Thanks Paul. I always like hearing people's comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel74 View Post
Hi

Sorry for the late Answer. I made new Holder .

Marcel, thank you very much! I never considered machining a whole new bracket up, as you did. You did a great job with that. I also really, really like that rear cross member you made, for the chassis. That is beautiful. Hope I can also make one for my own truck. Thanks again! Mind if I ask where you got your scale hex hardware?
Old 12-01-2010, 09:30 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

JAMMER is on a distinguished road

Nathan very nice machine work. Keep this up and you would have wasted the money you spent to buy the Osswald suspension. Ed
Old 12-04-2010, 08:23 PM
Journeyman

Bigrigger is on a distinguished road

Wow Nate, when you say "slow" you really mean SLOW! lol Just kidding, it looks great, so incredibly realistic!
Old 12-12-2011, 06:14 PM

Roadmasters is on a distinguished road

Any updated on this engineering marvel (atleast in my eyes) What kind of mill are you using, manual or CNC? I really like your drive train setup, if i ever do a daycab pete i think i will be using it.

Next East Coast Minitruckers Meet:

Arioch
Old 12-13-2011, 02:31 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Hi Arioch,

Unfortunately, I have no updates to share yet. Not on the truck anyway. I have, however, purchased my own benchtop milling machine now. It's not as big as the Bridgeport I was using, at work, in my free time, but for the smaller sized parts I want, I think (hope) it will be useful. I'm working on getting it all set-up at the moment. I would like to have it running by Jan. 2012. This build might make it back to the main burner soon enough. I was relocated, at work, to a different facility, so I lost access to the Bridgeport mill, and I got tired of waiting for a chance to continue with this build, so I pulled the trigger on my own mini-mill instead. It has proven to be a significant investment, but it should pay for itself, if I can get it all dialed in. Everything I made, was with a manual mill. CNC would be nice, but I'm not ready for that yet. I have found some CNC conversion kits for my new mill. Maybe for the future.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:52 AM
Wannabe

Snowman is on a distinguished road

Just read through this thread again for a recap. You got the stance perfect Nathan, looks so much better without all that air between the wheel and the fender on the front. Have you begun to make the steps? Far be it from me to say anything but I can't help but think your styrene prototypes are perhaps a little too wide. From all the pictures I've seen, the steps are not as wide as the doors they sit under. It might just be my eyes though!
Can't wait to see this fully functional, it reminds me of the 1/50 sword heavy haul 379 I have.

My Peterbilt build thread:
Old 02-19-2012, 03:03 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
Just read through this thread again for a recap. You got the stance perfect Nathan, looks so much better without all that air between the wheel and the fender on the front. Have you begun to make the steps? Far be it from me to say anything but I can't help but think your styrene prototypes are perhaps a little too wide. From all the pictures I've seen, the steps are not as wide as the doors they sit under. It might just be my eyes though!
Can't wait to see this fully functional, it reminds me of the 1/50 sword heavy haul 379 I have.
Nick, thanks so much for the kind words. I have not started on the cab steps yet, and yes, I think you are right. My styrene mock-ups are long. I will correct this when I make some from metal, although these days I am leaning more toward the idea of mounting my fuel tanks beneath the cab, and so loosing the battery box steps altogether. I like the look the fuel tanks with steps give. Has a more heavy haul look to it. Oddly enough, when I first found the Sword 379 Peterbilts, I was thinking to myself, 'that's the look I'm after' so you are not far off with your comment.

Anyway, guys, I have a small update. I am finally able to blow some dust off this old thread and breath some new life back into it. My progress was pretty much stalled, as I needed parts, but had to no way to make them. So I broke down and picked up new benchtop milling machine. This should get me back on track!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...millandDRO.jpg

The very first part I finished up, for the Wedico, was this new front cross member. I hated the original very much. It's almost impossible to assemble, as you need to bolt the 2mm screws together, with nuts on the back. Problem is the front member is so small and tight, you just can't more then one finger behind it. As much as I've taken this chassis apart, and reassembled it, I figured it was time to improve what I see as a weak and flawed part.

The original is on the table. The replacement, on the chassis. From a stamped piece, to a solid billet aluminum replacement.

I drilled and tapped twenty 2mm blind holes, for all the fixxings, which keeps the inside nice and clean looking.

Bolted the axle back on, this time with no nuts, and it went about 1,000 times easier then before. Because my suspension was dropped, and my hood and cab dropped, my new front cross member will also let me drop my bumper. Just need to shoot some holes through it, and that is the purpose of the lower hanging front face. So things are getting back to business, finally. Now, if I can just keep it up!
Old 02-19-2012, 07:58 AM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

wow , Nate ,looks good Nothing like having the right tools to do what you want and how you want

Old 02-19-2012, 09:45 AM
I'd rather be truckin'

Brian in PA will become famous soon enoughBrian in PA will become famous soon enough

Man i want one of those! Nice work Nathan!
Old 02-19-2012, 04:19 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian in PA View Post
Man i want one of those! Nice work Nathan!
Thanks Brian. Means a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
wow , Nate ,looks good Nothing like having the right tools to do what you want and how you want
Steve, thanks! Hey, when you get around to it, I need some Vortex breathers for this thing, now that it's back on the work bench. From a guy who really knows how to machine. I'm just a novice.
Old 02-19-2012, 04:52 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

I don't machine like some of the other guys here you only see the good part not the hrs of fustration , for instance , you spend hrs manually doing 1 op on the lathe only to get screwed up in secounds on the mill I realized friday that the coaxial indicator I got is total crap same with the digital caliper after a few hubs (days worth of lathe work ) bearing bores where off . now I'm going to make a different setup jig much like a pallet system .

A/C I'll try to run them this week with rc channel hubs I have to run ( same stock )

Old 02-19-2012, 05:28 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Steve, we are all just human beings, prone to make a few mistakes. The path you take, and the stumbles along the way are not nearly as important as the end results. I've seen your projects. You make good stuff. If I could make my own breathers like you do, I would.

By the way, I'm after the 379 style breathers, so no rubber tube holes needed!

Last edited by Espeefan; 02-19-2012 at 05:32 PM.