RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > Announcements from head quarters

Announcements from head quarters When everyone needs to know here is were you will find it..

Old 11-03-2013, 06:20 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of
Exclamation Using photo hosting sites.

I would recommend to members that want to post pics that you use a photo hosting site such as Photobucket. Yes our site does allow you to upload pics to the forum and if you notice they are much smaller. They are also not as convenient to look at as a pic posted from a hosting site.

As our forum grows and we use more space we will have to start limiting the amount of pics uploaded directly to the forum. It may come to a point where we will have to turn this feature off all together. When it comes to buying more storage space it will be for forum data.

Photobucket is FREE and makes it much easier for you to post pics as well as you can use Photobucket to post pics other places. You can use it to email pics and share on social sites. I am not saying you have to use Photobucket as there are other sites available out there, Photobucket is just the one I use and most of the forum as well.

Signing up and using photbucket is easy just go to their web site and follow the directions, they even have a tutorial when you sign up on how to use their site.

Here is a link on how to post pics on the forum using Photobucket.

http://rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=4057

If you have any questions feel free to ask but neither I nor the rest of the mods are going to debate with you about this.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 01-07-2014, 01:16 PM
Craftsman

modelman is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Using photo hosting sites.

Fhhhstix-I would like to see you enforce (or make) a rule to make people use photo hosting sites. On my computer it takes a lot of time to open some of the photos. I think it depends on the time of day or maybe traffic on the net. It varies. I have waited as long as 3-min. to get a picture up. There must be a better way. Also with the hosting sites you could remind everyone to get the picture size to your standards which would save some space. There is some really big pictures being posted now. Thanks Tom
Old 01-08-2014, 08:28 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

I feel your pain Tom, as I am internet speed restricted too... I don't believe it's possible to make anyone post pics a certain way, that just may lead to them not posting at all.

We can only add a friendly suggestion on occasion of how the change would be easier for everyone involved with the sharing of such information.

Joe
Old 01-09-2014, 06:07 PM

IDontKnow is on a distinguished road

If you convert the photographs to sizes for email they shrink in size considerably.
Not sure what programs are out there to do it for you as I use the software for my camera (Olympus Viewer 3). You can convert a 3-4 meg picture to 250 to 500 k file with very little loss of quality. This is how I do it for our clubs website, saves space and time.

Hope this helps

PS There is a way to do it using your email program, bit long winded but it works.
Will write it up later and post it if people are interested

Regards,
Bill Randall
Perth, Western Australia
West Coast Remote Control Trucks Inc
It's time to get out of the rut and get into the fun!
Come visit us at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.