RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 01-12-2015, 08:01 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

One way to look at it mike, you got some more forced laborers

I don't know how many times I've set up the mill to add another hole but setting up this bottom plate every time is getting old!! Hopefully last time!!

I am starting on the line rigging.
Old 01-12-2015, 08:34 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Oh and I forgot one, I did forget that the tank should have one suction and two fill lines. So I added the suction line on the bottom.
Old 01-12-2015, 09:02 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

Yep the green tape about sums it up!

Looking like she's almost ready to purr!
Old 01-12-2015, 09:19 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Lol!! My baseball coach straightened me out with left and right, where's your left? Nope, ouch, now that's your left!! Had a good goose egg on my left leg,, lol,, lesson learned!! I wish teachers were more like that now. . I'm out in the garage alone, I need someone to pick on!!!

I'm thinking she should have some oil running through her vinyl veins by the weekend. I may have bitten more than I can chew. I've been flying the little foamies for awhile and been interested in the quads. My wife loves photography and I have been thinking of getting a drone that she can film with. (While I get to fly it). So I also have been looking at upgrading radios for everything. A friend of mine that is pretty competent in heli radios turned me onto a frsky tranais. I can hook it up to computer, set up all the mixes, open source programming , for under $200. 18 channels ect. So I decided to "try" this one out. It was that or going the $$$ spectrum way. A good bit of diggin on my part and once I learn more of the tec stuff I've been told (for all of my needs) that I will be happy. So if it arrives by Thursday and I can be discipline enough to read the ex might be moving on her own by then.
Old 01-12-2015, 09:53 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Old 01-13-2015, 10:32 AM
Apprentice

speedy8305 is on a distinguished road

Hey cooper I think you should put your gauge on the opposite side unless that blank space is for another component but that's just my opinion
Old 01-13-2015, 02:11 PM
Wannabe

Stuart is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
Lol!! My baseball coach straightened me out with left and right, where's your left? Nope, ouch, now that's your left!! Had a good goose egg on my left leg,, lol,, lesson learned!! I wish teachers were more like that now. . I'm out in the garage alone, I need someone to pick on!!!

I'm thinking she should have some oil running through her vinyl veins by the weekend. I may have bitten more than I can chew. I've been flying the little foamies for awhile and been interested in the quads. My wife loves photography and I have been thinking of getting a drone that she can film with. (While I get to fly it). So I also have been looking at upgrading radios for everything. A friend of mine that is pretty competent in heli radios turned me onto a frsky tranais. I can hook it up to computer, set up all the mixes, open source programming , for under $200. 18 channels ect. So I decided to "try" this one out. It was that or going the $$$ spectrum way. A good bit of diggin on my part and once I learn more of the tec stuff I've been told (for all of my needs) that I will be happy. So if it arrives by Thursday and I can be discipline enough to read the ex might be moving on her own by then.
Looking real good coop, nice and tidy! I have one of those pumps on order too, just waiting on Premacon to send it.

I have a Taranis and think its great, you won't be dissapointed, programming is a little tricky to start but once you get the hang of it its pretty limitless as to what it can do. By the way, its only 16 channels unless you add another module, then it becomes 32

Cheers
Stu
Old 01-13-2015, 05:37 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Guess you can tell how much I don't know about it yet. Lol!!

This is what today's journey netted me , this is the other half I'm my dump truck budget
Old 01-13-2015, 05:38 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Oops forgot the pic.
Old 01-15-2015, 07:55 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Old 01-15-2015, 08:11 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

This little piece was a pain, don't know if my ruler was acting weird, but after a few measure once cut twice and it's still too short, errors I made it.

And very difficult to drill that lower hole.

Been trying to hide hardware but this one was needed. Had to trim the shoulder a bit

And some more mods to the wheelhouse. I have been trying to "plan" for all the wires and electronics so any real estate is not off limits. I don't know if I will do it but I have been thinking of printing a interior that has the on/off switches for cab sticks. The cab was cut down to look more 1:14 scale and I moved the back window up to match the new hood.

Old 01-15-2015, 08:35 AM

Radar is on a distinguished road

Wow you are doing a fine job on that. I may copy a few of your ideas if you don't mind my dad has one and we were thinking of doing some mods to it
Great job. Radar
Old 01-15-2015, 04:34 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Hopefully they all woke out well radar

Well I did it, the new $200 radio came today. Opensource firmware, free range programming . I've been wanting to get more involved with the tx side of these things and after looking around and planning ahead for the future I got a frsky taranis. I know I will never out grow this. 16channels and an open module bay in back for my spectrum stuff that could net me 32 channels. And it has the sliders on the side that I wanted to control tracks. A software that I can program radio on the computer, run sims, and then just flash it to radio. I know it's going to be a learning curve for me but I've been wanting to streamline my tx/rx stuff and the $30 rx was the way to go for me. So as I learn a bit more I'll try and keep up on my radio progress.

Two things I need to do, add a spring on the throttle stick and lipo battery.

Old 01-16-2015, 10:54 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

It's Friday and I should be doing some bill paying work but hey, today is the only day they pay me!! Work all week and only get paid for Friday!?!?? (I tried working before but didn't like it!!). Lol!! Got about another hour of Richard-off 'in then got some work stuff. I spent some time last night trying to figure out how to keep the cab door closed. They used 5/32" magnets to secure it originally. I have some small magnets but just too big so I decided to dig them out. Didn't want to heat the adhesive up as fear of demagnetizing them so mill them out.

Then after getting the second one out I realized I could have just pushed from bottom!! Ugg

Getting closer and going to start on shortening whatever wires I can.
Old 01-17-2015, 01:50 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Decided to make new signal wires for whatever I can, lessening the birdnest of wire.

And having connectors for the esc's

Routing battery wire to on/off switch accessible through cab

I did have to re-wrap the pump lead wires, precautionary.

And have two supply connectors for lights and fan. If I add a thumb or harvester head(dremell saw) I'll add them later

And now I'm at the inevitable time of doing the tx/rx set up

Old 01-17-2015, 02:45 PM
Journeyman

steamer will become famous soon enoughsteamer will become famous soon enough

Wiring harness looks great but I didn't see a fuse holder in place anywhere!! Sure saves a lot of problems like (letting the smoke out)! With those two batteries you sure could do a lot of arc welding!!!! After smoking a couple of Sabertooth controllers I've installed one in everything I own!!!
Cheers Rob
Old 01-17-2015, 04:03 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Does your IPad have a dvd/cd drive?

Joe
Old 01-17-2015, 04:36 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

If you have any pics of how you set up a fuse I would appreciate it steamer.
No joe no cd drives on iPads, I had it out in garage with me more for posting some pics. I haven't hooked the radio up to the computer. It would probably easier for programming but I just haven't yet. The radio is easy to navigate, the hard part is figuring out where stuff goes.
Old 01-17-2015, 05:04 PM
Journeyman

Mikem is on a distinguished road

It already looks like to much paper work already and computer work , I like plug a play or just turn on and go . Mike
Old 01-17-2015, 08:13 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Just add oil