RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 06-30-2014, 04:54 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Oh and I did instal a pressure gauge on the ex. Some of the leaks were probably due to high pressure. Like 400psi!!! Yea, had to back it down a tad,,,,and that was after I initially turned it down some from day one as I read some people say they might not have pressure set right from factory. And the pump developed a leak, found it to be the motor side of pump shaft had been installed backwards. Allowing only one of the bearings to support the gear shaft. That resulted in the premature wear of the rotary shaft seal. The shaft has pins at either end, one for motor coupler other for gear lock. The holes are just a tad different spacing from ends of shaft and I assume during factory building this was just simply overlooked and a simple mistake. Keep in mind those who are actually building these are long hours, low pay, individuals that really don't have much interest in them. Kinda like the 16 year old kid working at mcdonalds, he really doesn't care about how many pickles or how they are placed on your Big Mac. He just wants his pay check to blow on some rc toys!!!!! Lol!!!
Old 06-30-2014, 05:35 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

now that you dug all around it , hitch a chain to it and the D11 and let it rip

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-01-2014, 02:23 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
And now I look at it as boy I hope I don't get it done too quick!!!
I've been trying to avoid that conclusion myself for the last couple yrs with trying to dream up new things to keep busy with... and it's getting harder to maintain employment as my equipment keeps getting bigger, although I can't imagine ever going back to those 20ton machines I started with.

Those grenades pics above, I believe that's the best accessory I've seen yet for these china hoes...

Joe
Old 07-06-2014, 04:10 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Lil'giants lol!!

Moved some of the dirt up to rocks that have been making their way to the retaining wall. (Towards camera).

http://youtu.be/FjPpCPtwKkw
Old 07-07-2014, 08:12 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

http://youtu.be/z0Q6vUlnlOg

Lots of little river pebbles , and some pipes to dig around. Not to mention it's riddled with roots

http://youtu.be/j-Orn3EwkCA
Old 07-07-2014, 06:14 PM
Green Horn

Trucker Al is on a distinguished road

That's a great little digger for sure..

Alan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-07-2014, 08:00 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

http://youtu.be/3aHLyiAFoP4

This is what I have to put up with. It's MY sandbox!!!! Find somewhere els to play!!!
Old 07-07-2014, 09:48 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

lol! Woof Woof! Great to see the Kitty purring!
Cheers, Neil.
Old 07-09-2014, 08:32 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

http://youtu.be/SbT9RkFnlP0

We lost power after a strong thunderstorm. Luckily I had some batteries charged up!! This is right after a heavy rain came through, it's muddy and stickey but got some material into where the waterfall box was.
Old 07-09-2014, 06:48 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

This is the first video of pushing some dirt after the thunderstorm.

http://youtu.be/PhkxB1YDMsM
Old 07-13-2014, 11:24 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Had some changes on the 4200 excavator, as I mentioned in another post I installed a gauge and filter to the system. For the time I have, (winter will be a complete overhaul) I placed a small particle size disposable filter inline between tank and pump. I thought a suction would be better than pressure if it gets clogged. And ease of location. Now I don't really know what foreign particles were in the hydro system but seeing some stuff floating by in the clear lines I just wanted to get something inline. Digging had been going well and strong aside from a leaking (dripping) bucket cylinder, . She has definitely been getting worked and used, bucket is bent up, scraping teeth on side of bucket have been bent back several times, ect ,,, but it started to get slow stick movements after about five to ten min of work. I would turn off let sit for a min, then back to digging well again. Every time a bit shorter, I thought the pump was wearing out already. Realized it's just not getting enough flow from filter. Removed and wow it's like new again!! (With the leaks ). Just curious if location of filter is for a purpose. I see most having filters before entering the tank, I was thinking of pump protection and right before pump would be best. Just preference or is there something I'm not aware of? And I'm also under the impression of never having too much effective filtering for hydraulic systems.
Old 07-14-2014, 06:11 AM
Green Horn

apfubar is on a distinguished road

Mine is on the return line... If you put it on the suction side of the pump, the constriction may slow the draw of oil into the pump, and may cause cavitation...

That's my 2 cents...

Cheers,
Andrew P.
Old 07-15-2014, 07:28 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Yea, that's what I figured was happening. Seems like the system had a lot of foreign debris in it. Quite a bit of sparkle to the oil that i back flushed from filter. Well I'll upload a video of digging today later tonight. I was digging the first of the steps for a retaining wall. Everything was fine and towards the end it started acting up. Pump revved up tracks started self propelling. I figured ut-oh, must have had some water in esc or radio from the little bit of a shower I got caught in the other night. Loaded her up and to the shop, luckily the mechanics were still there to work on her . I think I found the problem, in a haste to get up and running I was stuffing two pounds of crap in a one pound bag so to speak. I replaced the screw terminals on the esc and battery leads with bullet connectors. Usually I have excellent solder joints but not using my normal tools and in a hurry I believe I may have made a cold solder joint. And that may have affected radio as well as shorted the bucket servo. Or it did get wet. I plugged a battery into the receiver and it seems to be working fine so that pretty much points towards a bad joint. Yup, slacker mechanic on duty that day!!!! And I'm usually the one that everyone else brings their parts to be soldered!!! Figures, right, plumber always has a leaky faucet at home!!!
Old 07-15-2014, 09:11 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

http://youtu.be/m84ouAtiu7s

The recent video of diggin wit da ex
Old 07-18-2014, 07:42 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

http://youtu.be/aMOzJTClROg

Some more digging, I had a servo go bad and the quick replacement I had was same size and shape but reverse direction. Not knowing what the mixes and navigation on this radio were I just choose to learn on the fly and remember bucket stick was backwards. So if you see the bucked curling or dumbing it's just my brain not listening to my hand . Or vise - versa.
Old 07-18-2014, 05:19 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
http://youtu.be/aMOzJTClROg

Some more digging, I had a servo go bad and the quick replacement I had was same size and shape but reverse direction. Not knowing what the mixes and navigation on this radio were I just choose to learn on the fly and remember bucket stick was backwards. So if you see the bucked curling or dumbing it's just my brain not listening to my hand . Or vise - versa.
I can actually help you with that radio problem Ralph.
Unfortunately I already have way too much radio learning and reading experience in the last few months
Reversing a function is simple compared to a mix problem which I'm having trouble with. And thank you for posting the question about the fourth valve. Made me realize my radio still ain't working right

I'll send ya a pm with a step by step how to reverse a servo.

Mario
Old 07-23-2014, 11:01 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Thanks Mario, I don't mind getting into setting up radio but I haven't been too familiar with that particular radio. And hearing about others . Accidentally hitting something I didn't want to chance not being able to dig. I ended up getting a couple off amazon as backups.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:06 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Finally splurged on a $20 cart to make the 50 foot trip from garage to work site a little quicker and easier. . Kinda weird that we spend $400 on a hydro pump/valve and not spend $20 on something to make life easier !!
Old 07-23-2014, 11:09 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

BOOOOOOOO!!!!

Lol, had to share, he always pops up in the garage somewhere, was sleeping on a shelf , he actually startled me !!
Old 07-23-2014, 11:24 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I couldn't resist, I got the brushless drive motors for the 4200. The stock motors were fine, a bit weak but I didn't have any problems I just want to find out if they are faster.

I removed the complete hydraulic system and boom, this will make installing new parts on the carrage easier.

Stock slip ring

The undercarriage (or carboy?) excuse my ignorance on the correct names of things. This is all one solid piece. Not the roller parts or side.

Old slip ring with two wires along with new three wire ring.

Removed one side for ease of wire routing. I don't have a pic but the brushless motors inside the new drive hub must be small. The lead wires were like a needle. And they didn't give any more wire than what's needed. But plenty of extra wire from the new ring. It was just a hard place to solder and have shrink wrap on wire. Oh and anyone else getting these, there is a left and right!! I found out right after I soldered and put the heat shrink on that the holes don't line up. . I really hate when I do things like that!!!