RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 01-16-2012, 10:29 AM

Timmy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Pete 367 in brass

Thanks guys! I like it and I wish I could take the credit for building them, but they are store bought, I really wanted the pin to be removable though. I may try to remove the pins later and re-work it.
Crawler07, I'd still like to see some pics of your hinges if you have some, as nothing is set in stone.
Thanks for looking
Tim
Old 01-24-2012, 06:53 PM

Timmy is on a distinguished road

I haven't had very much chance this last week or so to do much, but I'll be posting pics again soon. I do have a question though.
Is there a place in the US or Canada that sells complete tamiya drive axles seperatly?
My usual haunts say no, I have to buy a complete kit to get them, so I went as far as talking to the head guy at tamiya Canada (I know him from working in a couple different hobby shops) and he even says no.
In my long winded way, I'm reaching out, can anyone help?
Tim
Old 01-28-2012, 11:41 AM

Mrfish55 is on a distinguished road

All that metal why would you want plastic axles? Why not get some of the alloy ones available? Check out R/C channel, I've never used them but they look nice and they are alloy, would look better than plastic, especially if you decide to just polish the brass instead of painting it, truck is looking real good, I initially wanted to do brass and copper for my cab but I lack the tools to do it right. Good luck.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:42 PM
Wannabe

hippy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
I haven't had very much chance this last week or so to do much, but I'll be posting pics again soon. I do have a question though.
Is there a place in the US or Canada that sells complete tamiya drive axles seperatly?
My usual haunts say no, I have to buy a complete kit to get them, so I went as far as talking to the head guy at tamiya Canada (I know him from working in a couple different hobby shops) and he even says no.
In my long winded way, I'm reaching out, can anyone help?
Tim
www.store.rc4wd.com for your axle.

looking great so far!