RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Tracked Utility Vehicles

Tracked Utility Vehicles Snow,Mud or just plan dirt if it has tracks it goes here.

Old 01-02-2012, 07:33 PM

hairba11 is on a distinguished road
Default Hairba11's blizz type 2

I got the new SR a week ago, and seeing as how the breadbox on tracks look of snow cats has never really appealed to me i debated a few bodies before deciding on the bus.

decided to go for two tone, purple over silver and painted to soft top a more soft toppy color.

then started working on something else with some leftover 5/16" brake line.

a little tweak of the baseplate to give the correct angle, and a couple of holes later, the headers are installed.

started thinking about how to mount up the body easily and make it easy to swap later if i get bored with the bus and came up with honcho sliders.

the slider mount post is the perfect width for the inside of the bus.

a few 1/4" holes later and the body is mounted. i was able to fit a long handled 1.5mm allen between the openings in the tracks to put the set screws back in.

seeing as how the sliders are going to be a pain to remove i was concerned about being able to get to the battery plug, but no problem, the rear hatch on the bus opened originally to allow you to put your MP3 player inside. I can just fit a hand in and get the battery plugged in.

even got it out and took a video. next time i get bored i'm going to get lights wired up.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:53 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Hairba11's blizz type 2

Hairball that V-Dubcat is great looking nice work.. You should put the blade on it that would look cool..

HI.. My name is Paul.. And.. I.. Have a Cabover Addiction.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11 "LET IT EAT"
Like Us on Facebook "Corn Field Mafia"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:54 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

That body looks great on there! Where did you ever source that from?
Old 01-02-2012, 11:42 PM

maisto RC audiobahn edition bus off ebay for about $40

dang, just did a search and there are none of the audiobahn editions, they have a file red and white two tone and it looks like the price is around $60
Old 01-02-2012, 11:52 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Thanks. I was wondering because it looks like it's diecast. I really have no interest in picking one up for a project, but I do admit, it looks pretty nice, with good detail.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:59 PM

the metalic purple paint was well applied. actually the black splash and audiobahn logo were painted, or at least screenprinted on as well also. the paint quality was one of the reasons i kept the purple

GIS result

the other reason was being too lazy to mask around all the windows and the VW nose badge.
looks like the model was released in 2006.
I've had this one laying around waiting for the perfect chassis for a year or so.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:28 AM

well it finally snowed, so i dug the bliz out again, the bus nose was too low to use the snow plow with so i switched to the brat. i like this body mount method, it seems to work well for this chassis.

on to the pics.

having driven it a while now i think i am going to switch to two sticks for control, i kept trying to steer with my right thumb which was running the blade up/down
that and i think the right rudder control is the one the dual rate toggle is connected to. i need to dial down the steering.

Last edited by hairba11; 01-12-2012 at 11:33 AM.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:48 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Good to hear you got some white stuff! We got a bunch here as well. Finally it's offically winter. I'm going to have to take mine outside too, one of these days.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:17 AM
Weaver Of Dreams

Dreamweaver will become famous soon enough

That thing is Cool as He!!.. And love the paint scheme

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike "DREAMWEAVER" Johnson

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11

Rims and Tanks by ihbuilder / Grill and Visor by Brian in PA / Mirrors, Front and Rear Bumper, Back of Cab Lights, and Steering Arms by tc1cat / Fenders by Stylin n Profilin / Frame Rails by The Late Freddy Gear Drive
Old 01-13-2012, 09:08 PM
Green Horn

crawler07 is on a distinguished road

Awesome Tim!! I think the brat body looks great on their..