View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 05:45 AM

Southgate is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1/25 6 Axle Lattice Crane

I just got back from a longer look at that BaneBots site. It's like being whopped up side the head with a board. I'da had this crane done by now and on to the next adventure if I'd known they existed. The prices are unbelievable, especially for US made. The motors they have, the electronics and such...

It makes me want to finish this one up and build another! I had no desire to build another after this one. I thought it was too much. Well, I'm not complaining here, just be aware that I've just had a major eye opening, and it's kinda hard to take, as welcome as it is. Oh, I still like my crane, it has kept the gray matter busy for about 4 years, teaching me good new stuff all along the way, and forcing me to meet challenges I never expected. I do intend to do the upgrades I mentioned above. Those other parts that get taken out and replaced will go into the box of stuff for later use. No waste here!

Then I went and looked at what some of you guys are building in construction equipment. Makes me dizzy for sheer amazement!

I hope I will have some useful info to share with you guys, and not just sit here and soak it off ya.

The question still stands, Steve: Do you know if those Banebot controllers operate these iddybiddy current motors smoothly at SUPER slow speed? That is pivotal.

And, um...How'd I get 5 stars? I've only been here a couple days, trying just to stay in my seat. Just curious. Dan