View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 09:20 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of
Default Re: Day cab dump truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabrover View Post
Looking great Travis, cant wait to see this one done!!!

Tim
Thanks Tim I have some ideas for modding the cab into something a little different so it might be a bit before I have another update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawler07 View Post
Great looking truck man! Is the charging jack in the front bumper? Is the port something you buy or build? I have never seen tis done before/well with the exception of a charging jack on a remote, but on a truck its a new one for me..How does the speed control for the dupm wire in? I will be building a dump trailer for my dodge, but I cant wrap my head around how the wiring will go??
The charging port is a Deans connector wired into the off side of the power switch so it is just like plugging the charger into battery but you don't have to remove the battery to charge it. The ESC for the dump is wired in parallel with the drive ESC so it gets shut off with the power switch as well. The ESC for the dump is from The Robot Market Place (Click here to see the ESC) and it has solder spots for limit switches to limit up and down travel and is perfect for the screw drives. For a dump trailer I like to build tool boxes under the bed for the ESC and battery so the trailer is self contained and only needs a servo lead to the trailer to control the dump allowing it to be controlled by multiple trucks easily.

Thanks to all for looking and the comments.
Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11