RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > Welcome New Members

Welcome New Members A place to introduce yourself to the membership.

Old 02-07-2016, 09:38 PM

TexasRC is on a distinguished road
Default Recommendations for that new guy.

Hello All,

I would like to have your recommendations for a 2.4GHZ radio system, servos, 7.2 battery and charger and anything else I may be missing. I will be getting the paint, AA batteries, tools and glue soon.

This is my first RC semi. I appreciate your feedback and help.

I currently have the following:

1) Tamiya Grand Hauler kit
2)Tamiya MFC01
3)Tamiya ESC TEU-302BK (on the way in the mail)
Old 02-08-2016, 10:37 AM
Green Horn

mcl fabrication is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Recommendations for that new guy.

If you have a MFC01 unit, you're are not going to need the ESC-302BK because the MFC01 unit has a ESC built in. The MFC unit is a all in one component.
I personally like to use FLYSKY FS-CT6B it is a 6 channel 2.4GHZ with analog trim, digital proportional radio perfect for working with the MFC unit. You will enjoy having the 2 extra channels there is always room for upgrades on your truck, its better to have than have not. You can purchase it on EBay for $20.00 to $50.00.
As for the battery don't use Lipo or LiFe battery's with the MFC unit. Just use a good premium 6cell battery. Use a smart charger only, most chargers can detect parameters in your battery, But you want to use a charger that will stop charging the moment it detects something is wrong with the battery or connections. This will indeed stop any fires, over charging, battery or charger damage, and will save money in the long run.
Old 02-08-2016, 02:22 PM
Apprentice

jack van is on a distinguished road

the only thing to consider also that i can add is a radio mith model memory and maybe 9 channels that way all you will need in future are the receivers and servos for any future models
Old 02-09-2016, 03:41 PM

TexasRC is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys for the great suggestions. Do you all buy your receiver and servos off Ebay?
Old 03-09-2016, 04:55 AM

buff69 is on a distinguished road

Hi TexasRC what tools have you got for your build ?
Old 03-10-2016, 12:53 AM
Apprentice

jack van is on a distinguished road

hi there i have a dx 18 with 2 receivers and about 6 servos hehe i currently have 1 king hauler with flat bed trailer 1 dump trailer and trommel in builds but the radio is so awsome when i finaly get it figured out it is gonnal be awsome i think it should be the only radio i need unless i get a grader
Old 03-11-2016, 11:44 PM
On Leave

Cossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the rough

Hi TexasRC in regards to servos and recievers and other parts I try and get most stuff from LHS as if there is a problem they can advise on solutions to fix the problem if they can and your supporting the local businesses instead of buying it off ebay and paying the extra charges and no after sale support,
And welcome to the forum
I also use spektrum Dx6i as it has model match and allows me to run multiple trucks of the one radio, the hardest part is setting the radio up right to work with all the functions on the mfu , the other good part about the dx6i I have I was able to copy the settings from my first truck on the radio to my 2 model on the radio,
But we all have different radios depending on you preference of brand and settings avalable on different models........
Before buying your radio gear try and find a rc group in your area if possible and chat to then and see what they are running instead of buying something and finding it isnt compadable with your requirements.
Cheers Tracy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.