RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 11-19-2011, 03:57 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hauling Dirt out of my basement (present day)

The problem I see with using two different rx's is the time delay to switch between each one, which is about 10-15secs (though I never really timed it, seems long).

From http://www.leimbach-modellbau.de/ Steuerkanal-Umschaltbaustein Part#1120F Price 103E

You plug six servo leads into rx, then you can run six channels on your radio on the yellow colored side, flip a 2pos switch (Gear ch on the DX8) and run another 6chs on the white colored side. All leads are numbered 1-6

I have one of these, works pretty good, I'll have to dig it out. I could likely put Y servo leads on the boom & stick to run them on both sides of the device to use boom stick with the tracks. I forgot I had this.

Steve, after seeing what JensR did to mutate two radios with gamer joysticks to operate his grader... anything's possible! We just need to employ the ppl with these special talents to make it for us.

Yes, quite a beast Greg, I think the basement is too small for it though.
Old 11-19-2011, 04:17 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Steve, after seeing what JensR did to mutate two radios with gamer joysticks to operate his grader... anything's possible! We just need to employ the ppl with these special talents to make it for us.

Joe , I had the chance to try Rod's (stepside) excavator , stationary . it's taking me some time to get use to it If I sat in a seat with the joysticks beside me and 2 foot peddle/levers I'd be at home . as far as making that setup , it'll be some time and $$$ for me . I'm still a little green on these electrics yet motors too . the driveline on the Mack has become a majore disappointment .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-19-2011, 04:39 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

I'll have to look into getting something like that for sure! It would be much better than switching models(rx) all the time just to move the excavator a few inches.

Thanks for posting that!

Reg
Old 11-22-2011, 06:46 AM
BANNED

Chiseling away at the wall with the ripper & bucket, making pretty good headway by finding some soft spots near the cement foundation vs outer part of the wall that is rock hard! I've got an idea in my head to make a rock saw!

The power of this brute just continues to awe me, the boulders that the ripper tooth will pull up from an inch or two below the surface.

Pics before I started.

Two 5000mAh lipo packs later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVHxFbfJs7Y

Joe
Old 11-22-2011, 04:26 PM
Journeyman

RCLogger will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the photo's Joe, how are the pins in the boom holding up ? Are they brass and is there a way for you to get some grease in them ?

greg
Old 11-22-2011, 09:33 PM
BANNED

The pins are steel, friction fitted in the lower boom pivot and upper & lower stick pivots with hard plastic bushings in the thinner connections. Not a bit! of wiggle in the arm anywhere, after 35+ hrs of hard digging! And the arm has been stressed alot with side loads/twisting by cutting hard ground with the outer 3rd of the bucket.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:53 PM
BANNED

My latest try at a jackhammer failed yet again. Just can't get the right motor for the job, always too fast & too weak.

So I was thinking maybe a rock saw, this 850 is big enough, heavy enough to hang a large gh motor on the end of the stick. I got this here sprocket set from a 10spd bike, how do I get apart, each sprocket by itself?

Old 11-22-2011, 10:32 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Joe , you got a liquid wrench (oxy/act. torch ) ? if so how good are you with it ? basically cut some slots on the ID bore and collapse it . Looks like you already started cutting , is it hardend ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-23-2011, 05:19 AM
Wannabe

Azonic will become famous soon enough

I think that cassette is fittet with blind nuts or such, the other smaller sprockets was separate right? I think if you could use a hacksaw in between the sprockets to get them to separate, maybe?
Old 11-23-2011, 11:08 PM

footprint is on a distinguished road

Dude you have the best toy collection (full stop), thats also a challenge to anyone else.
Normally the cassettes are bolted together but that one looks to be a pressfit; your headed in the right direction. Maybe a small (100mm) circular saw blade like on the cordless ones, run a bolt through with some nylocks/setscrews and washers and a coupling to the motor.
Old 11-24-2011, 05:18 PM

hvy 1ton is on a distinguished road

Seeing as how the 850 can rip what your trying to dig, you might try a ripper bucket. I know full-sized these buckets will dig anything that can ripped. http://leattach.com/multiripperbucket.htm
Old 11-24-2011, 11:25 PM
Journeyman

pigeonfarmboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvy 1ton View Post
Seeing as how the 850 can rip what your trying to dig, you might try a ripper bucket. I know full-sized these buckets will dig anything that can ripped. http://leattach.com/multiripperbucket.htm
Cool, I didn't know anything like that existed! I got the quick detach for my 850 with the intention of making some different tools.
Old 11-25-2011, 02:19 PM
BANNED

So I chucked the cassette (is that what they're called ) in the lathe & it started sparking like grinder... harden steel, eh? So I worked it over a bit with a cutting disc in my dremel & could see the parting line that the sprocket was not formed with hub. Took it my farm shop where I have MORE POWER! & ground that shoulder off to get 3 sprockets off. The other two I'm not sure what's holding them, but they're too small anyway.

A small 4" saw blade is a great idea footprint, as it'll have offset teeth with carbide tips.

Come to think of it, hacking up a saw blade, one could probably duplicate the rock bucket you showed hvy 1ton. Can you weld that kind of steel with a regular mig welder?

All the ripping I've been doing lately, I'm hitting stones constantly, so I've lost interest in the "rock saw" idea.

So I got to thinking that I should redesign my ripper tooth, give it more of a heel to work as a pry bar for when I strike rocks or really hard soil, curl the tooth to pry it up. Made it from 3/16's steel which is half the width of Kalle's tooth, gave it a sharp beveled edge and it's ripping like butter now!

I was thinking maybe making another tooth from 1/8 steel with more heel yet & maybe moreso like a "L" shape with 30degree rising angle, sorta like a subsoiler shank.

Old 11-25-2011, 03:09 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Yikes, who welded that ripper tooth, on the right?
Old 11-25-2011, 10:57 PM
BANNED

You don't recognize farmer gobb it on welding Nathan?! I bet I'll never break it off?

I'm way out of practice, but I made it look prettier on this one.

Gotta hand it to Kalle's buddy who mig - tig welded this 1st tooth, deep even penetration, pretty near had to cut all the way through before it let go.

Joe
Old 11-25-2011, 11:53 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Joe, I just had to tease you a little. We all have our 'off days'. I do pretty good with MIG welding. TIG welding is something you need to do often to be good at it, and stay good at it (not me). The other welds are looking much better. I joke with the guys at work, all the time. 'The bigger the blob, the better the job!'
Old 11-26-2011, 01:32 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Hey Joe, this was at the LEA booth at ConExpo. Yes I have the business card from the builder, if you are interested.
Later, Neil.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00318 (480x360).jpg (23.8 KB, 61 views)
Old 11-26-2011, 07:06 AM
Wannabe

Azonic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
Hey Joe, this was at the LEA booth at ConExpo. Yes I have the business card from the builder, if you are interested.
Later, Neil.
Wow thats a bad *** bucket! That should be the bucket for you Joe!

Any more info on he's products?
Old 11-26-2011, 07:37 AM
Admin RIP FGD 2-12-59/12-19-11

FreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the rough

Hey Joe,instead of beating your equiptment up diggin in the hard stuff.
what if you went to work & made a horizonal boring machine on tracks.Then get some 1/2"dia X4"long pvc pipe & two caps.
Glue the one cap on,fill the tube with some good ole-black powder.
Then drill a small hole in the other cap for the wick,glue the cap on,& stuff er down the hole. Leave acouple of inches of wick hanging out the hole.
Giver a light & stand back,then all's you need is a loader to load out the pile.
You could get really trick & use a car coil to set it off.
Now just think of the vid that would make.
Instead of y-tube,Baby! You'de make the Canadian national news!
I'de be more than honored to give you a hand makin the boring machine.
Have been tossing this around for awhile,before I suggested it.
Didn't want to get laughed off of the forum.But the more I thought about it,the better of an idea it seemed to me.
I have most of the parts to build one,except for the under carrage & tracks. See'ins on how you have so many excavators,& acouple of them have a million hrs on them. PERFECT! There's the under carrage!
Just a suggestion.
FGD
Something like this.

Old 11-26-2011, 12:39 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

There's some stuff called s-mite, same idea but it takes 24 hrs for the expansion to take place. Yah, anti climatic! It's a slurry that's mixed with water to make a slurry.
I will post the bucket builder tonight.
Later, Neil.